Sign in to follow this  
The Coach

30 man protected list & affliate list released

Mr Ricochet

Fantastic, thanks coach!! :beers: ..........

Bloomy lists 17 players from last year's club, including G Hayden Lavigne, as well as a 96 from both the NAHL and BCHL and a 95 from the BCHL.

ChrisDilks

Thanks Coach. Interesting move by SC in protecting Auston Mathews.

If the deal in Switzerland had fallen through and he really didn't want to go to Everett, there was always the possibility of him doing what Patrick Kane almost did, which is playing half a season in the USHL while he got eligible for the NCAA in the second semester. The odds of that falling into place were tiny, but it's not like it cost Sioux City anything in the long run to try it.

Midwest Hockey

If the deal in Switzerland had fallen through and he really didn't want to go to Everett, there was always the possibility of him doing what Patrick Kane almost did, which is playing half a season in the USHL while he got eligible for the NCAA in the second semester. The odds of that falling into place were tiny, but it's not like it cost Sioux City anything in the long run to try it.

Maybe I'm too old school on this, but I'm absolutely sick of this story already. Kid should just be a warrior. Suit up and play against the logical competition in front of him. Drop the prima donna games and recognize that he won't be "special"based on the league he chooses to play in. Attention craving. IMO, the hard-working, humble players get the most out of their DNA-based talents, and I see no humility in this case. I just don't like anything about what this kid has been doing and as a result, I'm not a fan. But I will say I would LOVE to see him in the USHL this year and see whether or not he lights the league up. My guess is that he wouldn't.

herbst20

Maybe I'm too old school on this, but I'm absolutely sick of this story already. Kid should just be a warrior. Suit up and play against the logical competition in front of him. Drop the prima donna games and recognize that he won't be "special"based on the league he chooses to play in. Attention craving. IMO, the hard-working, humble players get the most out of their DNA-based talents, and I see no humility in this case. I just don't like anything about what this kid has been doing and as a result, I'm not a fan. But I will say I would LOVE to see him in the USHL this year and see whether or not he lights the league up. My guess is that he wouldn't.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this statement but for the most part I agree with what you said.

Auston averaged 2 pts/game in the USHL. I would guess he would be close to that same pace if he would play in the USHL this season. I think he would easily eclipse the 100 point barrier.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/playerpage.html?playerid=7197464&seasonid=12983

hockeyboy

CalmbeforetheStorm

This kid already lit up the USHL.

Very good list move by Varady to tie him up in the USHL. I'm sure he had conversations with the folks in Everett where he used to coach.

chiguy5

He would have been drafted higher than Jack Eichel had he been eligible for this year's NHL draft according to a dozen or so NHL scouts. He is actually one of the nicest and most humble kids I've met in the game and kudos to him for doing what he feels best. Not a single thing left to prove in the USHL.

TheShow

The logical competition surely isn't the USHL. He was only a couple days from being eligable for last years draft where he would have gone #3 overall.

It's like Jack Eichel playing in the USHL, during the season where he dominated the NCAA. So, he's talented enough to be the best player in college hockey...but not the USHL?

turk181

NHL.com: Last question, a former teammate of yours Auston Matthews, the frontrunner to be the No. 1 pick at the 2016 draft, has decided to go play in Switzerland for his draft season. Did you ever consider that and what do you think of his decision?

Eichel: Actually, my agent had mentioned it to me last year before I went to [boston University]. But for me, I always wanted to go to school. I grew up in an area of the country where college hockey was really popular. I grew up going to Hockey East games and going to the Beanpot, so that was my dream. Whereas Auston, he grew up in Arizona where it's not the biggest hockey market. Nothing against the [Arizona] Coyotes, there's just not as much hockey there in terms of schools or junior teams. So he didn't grow up watching things that I did growing up in the environment that I did.

Junior was more of an option to him, and then they brought Switzerland into the picture so he could go overseas, play against men and prepare himself to play in the NHL next year. I never really thought about it because it was never really something I wanted to do. But if that's what Auston wanted to do, I'm really happy for him. I'm close with Auston, he's a good friend of mine. People tried to tell me to talk to him and things like that, so I gave him my experience in college and how much I enjoyed it. But at the end of the day he's going to be successful wherever he goes, so I just want him to be happy with whatever he is doing......http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=777963&navid=nhl:topheads

Bevalaqua

Assuming Auston Matthews will be the #1 draft pick, it's unlikely he ever would have considered going the NCAA route for four years. So if he's not concerned about preserving his NCAA eligiblilty, he might as well go to Switzerland and collect $400K for a year than stay in the USHL ...

minor life

400K pays for a lot of stuff the regular 18 yr old cant get.

i-pod

I like the core group the jacks have coming back! A lot of good leaders! What scares me is they do not have one proven USHL goalie on the team!

Yeti

I like the core group the jacks have coming back! A lot of good leaders! What scares me is they do not have one proven USHL goalie on the team!

Why did they trade Latorella away to TC? Seemed like a strange move at the time.

herbst20

I had heard there was a Russian in Cedar Rapids camp but I did not know the name until he scored last night vs Dubuque.

It appears Pavel Tkachkov has come over after playing U17 with Spartak in Russia last year. Looks like he put up good goal numbers for a late '98.

3rd Round KHL pick this past spring

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=354507

Iowa Blue's fan

If he sticks, won't the black hawks have to get rid of one of there other 1995 players? I thought they were already over the limit.

Yeti

Can anyone tell me the kids that are listed on Elite Prospects, have those boys official made the team or not

Teams still have a few more weeks before cutting down to 23, so to answer your question, no.

Ryan

Thanks Yeti, does it really mean anything then

To an extent, yes. But, like Yeti said, there is still time to make cuts. Elite Prospects is generally pretty good with theirplayer movement, but nothing is ever set in stone.