Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

With The NHL Break I Caught Some NCAA Hockey

Mr Ricochet

The damn NHL Center Ice Package has really narrowed my hockey intake, mostly at the expense of viewing the NCAA game which I had forgotten how exciting it is.

Saw at least bits and pieces of WI-MI, Ohio State-MSU and Northern Michigan-Penn State. The most exciting brand was Penn State except it took me over a period to figure out the whole team wasn't made up of brothers named Thon. Thought they were related to the great Astro shortstop Dickie Thon. ..Turns out they have a fundraiser somehow named Thon and all the layers wore that name.

Team can flat out fly and play pedal to the medal at all times. McAdam in goal looked like a rat hockey player, couldn't believe how bad he was. PSU erased a 3 goal NMU lead for the 2nd game in a row. ...Anyone know where my guy Zach Saar is? He wasn't dressed.

Loved seeing that PSU is 2nd in the Big 10. This is only their 2nd official year in D1, correct? Have to record PSU games when available.

Best viewing of all was my guy Mathias Dahlstrom, former Steel and goalie for Northern Michigan. I realize the kid is a 91 but damn did he look strong. Gotta think he has at least AHL talent.

I shut the Wisconsin-Michigan game off with the Badgers up by a few. Then I see that Go Blue scored like 5 straight to win the thing. ...I see WU is really struggling this year. Their worst in awhile I'd imagine.

DM47

I took in parts of the Northstar Cup this weekend. That was kind of a shock to me. I would have bet on Duluth to win the thing. It will be interesting to see if Bemidji can keep this going the remainder of the season. The only of the four teams not ranked and they beat number 7 Duluth and number 1 Mankato to win the tournament. The Gophers getting shut out this weekend makes me think they need to win the Big 10 tournament to make a regional this year. I would guess before the season started people would have guessed the results of this to be the exact opposite of what they were.

turk181

The damn NHL Center Ice Package has really narrowed my hockey intake, mostly at the expense of viewing the NCAA game which I had forgotten how exciting it is.

Saw at least bits and pieces of WI-MI, Ohio State-MSU and Northern Michigan-Penn State. The most exciting brand was Penn State except it took me over a period to figure out the whole team wasn't made up of brothers named Thon. Thought they were related to the great Astro shortstop Dickie Thon. ..Turns out they have a fundraiser somehow named Thon and all the layers wore that name.

Team can flat out fly and play pedal to the medal at all times. McAdam in goal looked like a rat hockey player, couldn't believe how bad he was. PSU erased a 3 goal NMU lead for the 2nd game in a row. ...Anyone know where my guy Zach Saar is? He wasn't dressed.

Loved seeing that PSU is 2nd in the Big 10. This is only their 2nd official year in D1, correct? Have to record PSU games when available.

Best viewing of all was my guy Mathias Dahlstrom, former Steel and goalie for Northern Michigan. I realize the kid is a 91 but damn did he look strong. Gotta think he has at least AHL talent.

I shut the Wisconsin-Michigan game off with the Badgers up by a few. Then I see that Go Blue scored like 5 straight to win the thing. ...I see WU is really struggling this year. Their worst in awhile I'd imagine.

That’s funny Rico. I caught some of the Penn St. game myself and thought the same thing regarding, “Thon”. After a PSU goal they said it was scored by someone and I was saying to myself, “I know that kid Thon scored that goal, what are these announcers watching”....hahahaha.

Mr Ricochet

Decided to DVR another college game after last week's great action, this time UNO v North Dakota. Great game, lotta speed, hitting and great goaltending by two former Force goalies. Both rosters were littered with USHL kids.... The game reminded me of a CHL playoff game in that the rosters were loaded with NHL picks. Think UND had 14-15 picks and UNO 10 or so.

Recording at least one NCAA game per week is now a must for me.