• Please log in to reply
1642 replies to this topic

#41 hockeyboy

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

Muskegon must feel a little stupid after this trade. That is if the details of the trade are correct.

#42 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

A 2nd, 3rd, and a 5th for an 11th round pick? I'll take it. Great return.

#43 BackCheck

2nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

USHL Hockey Ops @USHLHockeyOps  ·  27m

TRADE: LN(@LincolnStars) trades Lomberg to YT(@YtownPhantoms) for 2015 Phase I 3rd, Phase II 2nd, and 2016 Phase II 6th (all conditional)

https://twitter.com/...028706628820993

I'm not sure if I like this trade in the long run. That's a lot to give up. I can certainly see why Stars fans would be happy, talk about trading up.

#44 turk181

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:RPI Mens Hockey......playing hockey.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

Green Bay acquires Ohio State commit Jason Dhooghe for an 11th round Phase II pick from Sioux City. Pretty good move on Green Bay's part..... https://twitter.com/WeissFC

#45 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

TRADE: LN(@LincolnStars) trades Lomberg to YT(@YtownPhantoms) for 2015 Phase I 3rd, Phase II 2nd, and 2016 Phase II 6th (all conditional)

I'm not sure if I like this trade in the long run. That's a lot to give up. I can certainly see why Stars fans would be happy, talk about trading up.

I missed that the picks were conditional.   That's no small detail, so conditions need to be met for Lincoln to get full value in return.   Of course the conditions are not published, so we'll have to wait and see.

Like you I thought this was heavy payment but if Noreen targeted Lomberg and was willing to part with multiple high picks he will have a huge role for the Phantoms.   Lomberg is a player, a good one.   1st line material with tons of experience, a difference maker.

Phantoms acquire Lomberg

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#46 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

A real shocker here. /sarcasm

https://twitter.com/...771088357883904

USHL Hockey Ops  ‏@USHLHockeyOps
TRADE: DM(@bucshockey) trades Tarek Baker to BL(@BLMThunder) for 2015 Phase I 2nd and a conditional 2016 Phase II pick.

Lots of rumors that Baker refused to report to Des Moines.

#47 BackCheck

2nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

I missed that the picks were conditional.   That's no small detail, so conditions need to be met for Lincoln to get full value in return.   Of course the conditions are not published, so we'll have to wait and see.

Like you I thought this was heavy payment but if Noreen targeted Lomberg and was willing to part with multiple high picks he will have a huge role for the Phantoms.   Lomberg is a player, a good one.   1st line material with tons of experience, a difference maker.

Phantoms acquire Lomberg

There's no doubt that Noreen had his sights on him. He goes after players that fit the brand instead of players who may or may not adapt to his system. This has always been my favorite thing about the Phantoms staff. I don't think anyone is questioning his experience, offensive capabilities or that he has the potential to be an impact player for the team. Aside from the off-ice issues, there is some trepidation concerning his PIMs. We had a huge issue with team discipline last season and I, for one, expect the team to do a lot better this year. Hopefully Lomberg and the staff are on the same page with this.

And yes, he would be a huge presence on the 1st line with Connor and Letunov. I think he would also look good on a line with James Winkler. Winkler has good size and seemed, from what I saw, to have good offensive skills and drove hard to the net. Put a center with good hands between them and I think we would have one of the best 2nd lines in the league.

#48 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

A real shocker here. /sarcasm

https://twitter.com/...771088357883904

USHL Hockey Ops  ‏@USHLHockeyOps
TRADE: DM(@bucshockey) trades Tarek Baker to BL(@BLMThunder) for 2015 Phase I 2nd and a conditional 2016 Phase II pick.

Lots of rumors that Baker refused to report to Des Moines.

Kid is a maniac!   My math be a bit off but the kid puts up 9 points a game:   http://www.elitepros...p?player=245170

A Minnesota commit.   Glad to see a "bottom" club get him instead of the usual suspects.   Look forward to see him playing for Bloomy. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#49 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Cedar Rapids has traded Nick Master (2103 1st Round Pick) to Tri City for a 5th round pick. The pick would be a 4th rounder if Master scores 35 or more points.

Had an injury plagued year last year with CR. I wish him nothing but the best.

#50 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Cedar Rapids has traded Nick Master (2103 1st Round Pick) to Tri City for a 5th round pick. The pick would be a 4th rounder if Master scores 35 or more points.

Had an injury plagued year last year with CR. I wish him nothing but the best.

If Carlson drafted him the the 1st round of the 2013 draft, 5th overall, good bet the kid has some game.   A 19 yr old with 30 USHL games under his belt TC might have a player who's ready to produce. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#51 omalancers

3rd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

Lancers trade Austin Pooley to Fargo for a 10th round pick.

#52 Crozzzby

3rd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

On another thread ( roster updates) there is a link to an article which has a link to the  protected lists for all of the USHL teams as of July 10th or so.

With all of the recent trades and league switching going on, does anyone know of a link to the updated USHL  protected lists?

#53 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

They wont put out another list until the 23 man roster is finalized I would assume

#54 hockeyboy

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

They wont put out another list until the 23 man roster is finalized I would assume

they didnt put out the first one,  but I agree  should see something after the fall classic

#55 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

I've said this already in another thread but Adam Micheletti (USHL Hockey Ops) told me that the league will release the 25 man rosters of every team on 9/1.

#56 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

The Stars have acquired '97 (F) Grant Jozefek from the Muskegon Lumberjacks.

https://twitter.com/...104219651579904

Jozefel was selected by Muskegon in the 1st round (7th overall) of the 2013 USHL Futures Draft.  Northeastern commit.

#57 TheShow

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

Stars doing the ole quick rebuild...

#58 RealMenPlayHockey

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Jozefel was selected by Muskegon in the 1st round (7th overall) of the 2013 USHL Futures Draft.  Northeastern commit.

any word yet on whats going the other way?

#59 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

any word yet on whats going the other way?

No picks or players, I know that much.

#60 hockeyboy

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

So Lincoln gets the 7th player picked for no picks or players? So does that mean they bought the player?