hockeyboy

trade updates

herbst20
On 2/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, DM47 said:

I don't get this trade, what did Waterloo get?  There was another trade that said waterloo gave a player and a pick, I am wondering if they just typed them wrong.  It looks like he was a 3rd round pick last spring but has only played 7 games.  Has he been hurt?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309394

i-pod

Via Chicago Steel’s Twitter 

#WeAreSteel TRADE ALERT

Chicago receives:
-C Eric Otto
-RW Erik Urbank

Des Moines receives:
-C Sam Stevens
-RW C.J. Walker

iowaninja

I’ve had very limited viewing if Des Moines but I likeEric Otto

Maiden
1 hour ago, i-pod said:

Via Chicago Steel’s Twitter 

#WeAreSteel TRADE ALERT

Chicago receives:
-C Eric Otto
-RW Erik Urbank

Des Moines receives:
-C Sam Stevens
-RW C.J. Walker

Stevens (2000) is the only player in this trade scheduled to return to the USHL next fall. Walker and Urbank are NCAA bound and Otto is uncommitted and playing as an overager this season. 

I've lost count as to the number of players Chicago has moved since the coaching change. Looks like a reshuffle is in progress.

herbst20
2 hours ago, iowaninja said:

I’ve had very limited viewing if Des Moines but I likeEric Otto

I have always liked Urbank.  Cedar Rapids originally drafted him in the futures draft if I am not mistake.  Not overly skilled but gritty and willing to battle for every puck. 

Mr Ricochet

I think both Stevens and Walker have taken a step forward.  Was hoping Stevens would develop for playoff time to be the 4C.  He's a healthy scratch maybe 1/2 the time for both Abalon and Cruthers too....  Big kid came up thru the Mission and St Marys, drafted in the 5th by Sarnia and committed to Wisconsin.    Well thought of and played midget for top organIzations.    ...  Kid is big and mobile.

Walker too has been coming a bit.  Not on the scoresheet much but if you watch him he helps in all 3 zones.

casemagnum

SC trades d man Lucas Bahn to DM for d man Nate Clurman. Bahn is year younger and is committed to New Hampshire for 2019-2020 even though it says 2018-2019. Bahn has more production. Clurman has more experience between DM and TC. Clurman has a little more size. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

herbst20

If I am a Sioux City fan I love this trade.  You are getting a top pairing defenseman for a player and picks that you acquired in previous trades.  Another thing to note is you are getting Sammy Walker back at the end of the MN playoffs who will be a Top 6 forward for the club.  Muskies are in a dogfight for the last playoff spot but the club hasnt thrown in the towel yet.

Mr Ricochet
7 hours ago, herbst20 said:

Bucs have to have banked a lot of picks for next yr, no?  Don't see much of SC but I like accumulating picks. 

casemagnum
3 hours ago, MuskiesFan4Ever said:

Didn't the trade deadline already come and go?

The trade deadline has passed for trades outside of the league. However trades amongst teams including conditional picks and futures, etc. amongst teams is allowed until Feb 26th as stated by Maiden above.