hockeyboy

trade updates

smalt21
2 hours ago, Maiden said:

Bucs are receiving forward Wyllum Deveaux, defensemen Nate Clurman, and a fourth and seventh round pick in next summer’s Phase II draft.

Great trade for DM.    Hentges & Clurman off to college next year, and DM continues the rebuild.  Would not be surprised if they flipped Deveaux soon.

Mr Ricochet
2 hours ago, smalt21 said:

Great trade for DM.    Hentges & Clurman off to college next year, and DM continues the rebuild.  Would not be surprised if they flipped Deveaux soon.

My first thought was great trade for both clubs.  MAYBE the Bucs climb and make the playoffs as a lower seed.  Instead I like loading up for a real run next yr with a new ownership group and young players and picks to work with.

Hentges stands out to me.  A  dangerous offensive player who might be a top 6 guy and along with Madden the Storm are addressing their offense. 

Storm Site/Kendall Grayson  The Tri-City Storm have acquired Forward Sam Hentges in a trade with the Des Moines Buccaneers in exchange for Forward Wyllum Deveaux, Defenseman Nate Clurman, a 7th Round Pick in the 2018 Phase II USHL Draft, and an additional conditional 4th Round draft pick.

herbst20

I like what Tri City is doing in the trade market.  As one scout explained to me, they are using the Crockpot vs Pressure Cooker method.   They are adding players early and letting them gel as a team as opposed to adding 5 players at the deadline.  Something to consider is they get Koster back after the Minnesota High School season

MadhouseOnHickman
27 minutes ago, herbst20 said:

I like what Tri City is doing in the trade market.  As one scout explained to me, they are using the Crockpot vs Pressure Cooker method.   They are adding players early and letting them gel as a team as opposed to adding 5 players at the deadline.  Something to consider is they get Koster back after the Minnesota High School season

Thank you for sharing this, very cool perspective. This weekend will be very interesting for the Buccaneers, Durny in net with other additions in front of him. 

Edited by MadhouseOnHickman

Mr Ricochet
5 hours ago, iowaninja said:

Des Moines has moved goaltender Snowden to Central Illinois for Matt Gosiewski

http://www.flyingaceshockey.com/news_article/show/874716?referrer_id=3330575

The Goose!!   I'm assuming DM fans don't know this beast or have seen him play.  I'll let the kid's game do the talking. Last I saw he was playing center. ......... For this fan just another reason to tune into a DM feed. 

Goose:  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=301125

Mr Ricochet
5 hours ago, iowaninja said:

Green Bay picks up Danny DiGrande from Waterloo 

https://gamblershockey.com/archives/14648

DiGrande was added to replace forward

Matt Jennings who suffered a season ending knee injury.

Did not know Jennings was out for the yr.  Solid player and a big loss......... I know DiGrande's numbers don't look great but I was impressed with his 4th line play at Chicago.  Has some speed and was solid on his skates. 

MadhouseOnHickman

I really like the moves DSM is making right now, they added size at the forward position and skill on the blue line. Excited to see Durny in net as well

seat 18
17 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Did not know Jennings was out for the yr.  Solid player and a big loss......... I know DiGrande's numbers don't look great but I was impressed with his 4th line play at Chicago.  Has some speed and was solid on his skates. 

DiGrande's numbers don't tell full story. Good size, speed not afraid to put his nose in there. 

i-pod

Muskegon  trades  D Blake Evennou to the @tricitystorm for a 9th-round, Phase II draft pick in the 2018 USHL draft #LGLJ

HockeyFan16
1 hour ago, i-pod said:

Muskegon  trades  D Blake Evennou to the @tricitystorm for a 9th-round, Phase II draft pick in the 2018 USHL draft #LGLJ

What did you think of this kid?

Mr Ricochet
3 hours ago, HockeyFan16 said:

He can skate, a beautiful stride.  Only a 9th for him you can't go wrong.  A steady player, 19 yrs old with USHL and NAHL experience... Can't have enough Dmen come playoff time which brings me to MUS.  2 weeks ago they lost Phillips and IIRC another Dman why move Evannou who's been there from Day 1 this yr?   Makes me wonder if there are more moves to made by the Jacks.     http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=339753

Mr Ricochet
3 hours ago, HockeyFan16 said:

here you go. 

Storm Site  Storm trader for Dman Evennou

“Blake is a defenseman who excels at skating and moving the puck. He’s played valuable minutes in the league this year, and was part of a championship run in the NAHL last season with Lone Star. We feel his ability and experience will be a strong addition to our back end” – Tri-City Storm Head Coach/General Manger Anthony Noreen

I know this is a press release but I agree with all of it, just as I posted before.  New age Dman that can move the puck and move himself. 

Mr Ricochet

Man I'm behind.  The Jacks already picked up a Dman, a Cossack with WJC U-18, WJAC and Ivan Hlinka experience and was playing pro in Russia.  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309547

Bradford is a must read whether you are a Jack fan or not.  This guy is just a fan of hockey who happens to call Jack games.  He knows more about your team than you do and is schooled in the rules.  Explains why Brizgala was let go and the addition of the comrade Dman.  

Jacks Site/Scott Bradford   Lumberjacks add defenseman Yakovenko, goalie Borgiel

redwing77
1 hour ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Man I'm behind.  The Jacks already picked up a Dman, a Cossack with WJC U-18, WJAC and Ivan Hlinka experience and was playing pro in Russia.  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=309547

Bradford is a must read whether you are a Jack fan or not.  This guy is just a fan of hockey who happens to call Jack games.  He knows more about your team than you do and is schooled in the rules.  Explains why Brizgala was let go and the addition of the comrade Dman.  

Jacks Site/Scott Bradford   Lumberjacks add defenseman Yakovenko, goalie Borgiel

Your link about the Scott Bradford article is the same as the elite prospects page for that russian.  Here is the correct link.

Edited by redwing77