hockeyboy

trade updates

iowaninja

Dickerson only played one game, against SC with Chicago, but nice add for one game, and move him for assets giving up nothing.  

Mr Ricochet
12 hours ago, casemagnum said:

I thought he did very good against SC. When he came off the bench, he was immediately at full speed and went to the front of the net very well. I think he will be a good add to DM. Maybe enough of a jump start for them to beat Fargo on Thursday. I wouldn't mind him being here in SC.

12 hours ago, iowaninja said:

Dickerson only played one game, against SC with Chicago, but nice add for one game, and move him for assets giving up nothing.  

Looked at the stats and the league site has him playing 1 game.  He got 1 shift with the 1st line and scored on a rebound from the crease at SC but played 3rd line all game, dropping Seyfert to the 4th line, in his first game. 

Swore I saw him playing at LIN, so I looked at my notes and have him jotted down as rotating on the 4th line.  Notated why is this kid not on the ice with the Steel up 5-3 after an MT netter face off with LIN racking up misconducts and trying to mutilate? 

Look at the box of the game vs Lincoln:  http://www.ushl.com/view/#/game-summary/7548

They have Todd Goehring wearing #9 which is the number Dickerson wore the night before in SC.  But Goehring was dropped on Oct 18th and the game in LIN was Oct 28.   Goehring couldn't have played vs LIN on Oct 28th:  http://www.ushl.com/page/show/1434570-ushl-suspensions-and-transactions

The league is wrong.  Dickerson played vs LIN, his 2nd USHL game, and was invisible as LIN padded their league leading PIM's with elbows and sticks up and running CHI skill guys into the 7th row while Dickerson was invisible.  That IMO was his ticket out of Chicago as I originally posted.

1st    
02:49 LIN Collin Peters, Head Contact, 2 min PP
13:47 LIN Austen Long, Roughing, 2 min PP
2nd    
02:28 LIN Devlin McCabe, Interference, 2 min PP
09:45 CHI Samuel Bucek, Slashing, 2 min PP
3rd    
05:45 CHI Blake McLaughlin, Unsportsmanlike Cnd., 2 min
05:45 LIN Paul Cotter, Slashing, 2 min
08:53 CHI Matteo Pietroniro, Unsportsmanlike Cnd., 2 min
08:53 CHI Matteo Pietroniro, Roughing, 2 min
08:53 LIN Dominick Mersch, Unsportsmanlike Cnd., 2 min
08:53 LIN Dominick Mersch, Roughing, 2 min
18:14 LIN Bench, Served by Devlin McCabe, Bench - Coach, 2 min PP
18:14 LIN Mason Klee, 10-Minute Misconduct, 10 min

iowaninja

The old GIGO (garbage in, garbage out), this stat system is only as good as the volunteers at the arena's running it.   I do not have any doubt that you are correct he was on the roster in Lincoln.   

Mr Ricochet
12 hours ago, iowaninja said:

The old GIGO (garbage in, garbage out), this stat system is only as good as the volunteers at the arena's running it.   I do not have any doubt that you are correct he was on the roster in Lincoln.   

It's junior hockey and this level depends on volunteers to make it go.  An honest mistake but a mistake none the less.  ninja you are much more observant than I but from what I can tell the stats are usually pretty accurate.

Liked reading Case's take on Dickerson in the game he saw live at SC.  I hate making definitive judgements on any player I don't see live with the ability to see how a kid works away from the puck, to see his skating and IQ.  ....  I like Allison's judgement and if he wants Dickerson my guess is he'll help DM.  ..... The game I saw DM play in HD at CI I saw a lot of speed from the Bucs.  That was a huge point they came away with being short do to injuries and traveling for a day game after playing the night before.  Maybe the stout Dickerson will provide some grit for Allison that I didn't see him show with the Steel in the tiny sample size.

I do know the Steel are a legit 3 scoring lines deep and IMO would look for role players to round the thing out some.  On paper Dickerson looked to fill a non-scoring role but lucky for the Steel he showed in game 2 with them he probably wasn't that guy.  Of course that is only my guess from observation why Dickerson was moved as it could be anything off the ice or in the locker room that caused the move. 

We'll see how he shapes up with the speedy Bucs.  Hopefully he's a fit. 

TheShow
2 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

It's junior hockey and this level depends on volunteers to make it go.  An honest mistake but a mistake none the less.  ninja you are much more observant than I but from what I can tell the stats are usually pretty accurate.

Liked reading Case's take on Dickerson in the game he saw live at SC.  I hate making definitive judgements on any player I don't see live with the ability to see how a kid works away from the puck, to see his skating and IQ.  ....  I like Allison's judgement and if he wants Dickerson my guess is he'll help DM.  ..... The game I saw DM play in HD at CI I saw a lot of speed from the Bucs.  That was a huge point they came away with being short do to injuries and traveling for a day game after playing the night before.  Maybe the stout Dickerson will provide some grit for Allison that I didn't see him show with the Steel in the tiny sample size.

I do know the Steel are a legit 3 scoring lines deep and IMO would look for role players to round the thing out some.  On paper Dickerson looked to fill a non-scoring role but lucky for the Steel he showed in game 2 with them he probably wasn't that guy.  Of course that is only my guess from observation why Dickerson was moved as it could be anything off the ice or in the locker room that caused the move. 

We'll see how he shapes up with the speedy Bucs.  Hopefully he's a fit. 

The league should vet their "volunteers" a bit better. There were games in Fargo a few years ago, where any shot even tossed in the direction of the net by Fargo was counted as a shot on goal. I'm talking shots that missed by five feet to the left/right and even those that hit the glass netting. I figured maybe there was a disconnect between the scoreboard and the official scoring, but assuredly the away goalie always ended up with 40+ saves in the official boxscore. I'm not sure if they thought they were for some reason artificially inflating the Fargo player's stats, but it actually just made the visiting goalie look way more impressive than they were...

Edited by TheShow

Maiden
19 hours ago, herbst20 said:

Looks like a Sioux City and Waterloo trade.

Bakich and  F Niko Esposito-Selivanov to Waterloo for F Dylan Mills and future considerations is what I am hearing.

casemagnum

Bakich was a good player here. Some people didn't like the penalties he took. I was ok with most as he was constantly hustling. He was not afraid to take a check for his team or give one. He would stand up for any teammate at any time. I will take them players any chance I am given over someone who wants to avoid everything. Best wishes to him.

Niko I never really got to see much and even don't remember much from preseason, so just can't say much other than best wishes! Sure appears there was a trade attempted there somewhere and they couldn't get together. Why not just let Loo have him for like a 5th-7th round tender then instead of just releasing him. At least get something.

BackCheck

The Phantoms acquire Joe Abate from Omaha for picks in 2018 & 2019. http://www.youngstownphantoms.com/news_article/show/859204?referrer_id=2314804

This makes me wonder who gets dropped, probably Jagger Joshua or Jack Malone. I'm really not sure of the logic in the move, Abate sounds like a good player but I don't know what he brings to the table that isn't already there. The team was finally starting to make some progress and we're going to inject another unknown factor into the lineup. Hopefully we've got something else planned here.

Edit: Looks like Eriks Zohovs is now on the IR.
https://twitter.com/USHLHockeyOps/status/933075791910457344

Edited by BackCheck

Mr Ricochet
3 hours ago, BackCheck said:

The Phantoms acquire Joe Abate from Omaha for picks in 2018 & 2019. http://www.youngstownphantoms.com/news_article/show/859204?referrer_id=2314804

This makes me wonder who gets dropped, probably Jagger Joshua or Jack Malone. I'm really not sure of the logic in the move, Abate sounds like a good player but I don't know what he brings to the table that isn't already there. The team was finally starting to make some progress and we're going to inject another unknown factor into the lineup. Hopefully we've got something else planned here.

Edit: Looks like Eriks Zohovs is now on the IR.
https://twitter.com/USHLHockeyOps/status/933075791910457344

That was my thought before I read thru your post.  Maybe a guy is going on the IR and I see that's what happened........ Give this Abate kid a look.  Decent size 98, full yr of jrs, out of a solid midget program, went in the 1st rd of the NAHL draft last yr, the 4th rd of the USHL draft this yr and was given a look see with Bloomy last yr.  Shows he's been highly thought of to me. 

Maybe he fits with Ytown........

Ironranger
13 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

That was my thought before I read thru your post.  Maybe a guy is going on the IR and I see that's what happened........ Give this Abate kid a look.  Decent size 98, full yr of jrs, out of a solid midget program, went in the 1st rd of the NAHL draft last yr, the 4th rd of the USHL draft this yr and was given a look see with Bloomy last yr.  Shows he's been highly thought of to me. 

Maybe he fits with Ytown........

He was really strong with the Mission and had a great year in Janesville when surrounded by support. He'll muck it up and isn't afraid to play in the paint.....Could be a very nice move for YT.

BackCheck
46 minutes ago, Ironranger said:

He was really strong with the Mission and had a great year in Janesville when surrounded by support. He'll muck it up and isn't afraid to play in the paint.....Could be a very nice move for YT.

Good stuff. I've heard the Phantoms staff mention putting players into the lineup "to add grit" or "to inject some energy" or "to bring something we're lacking to the ice" on several occasions this season. It seems like they just want to throw cliches out and see if anything sticks but here's hoping that Abate is actually what we're looking for out there. I need to see if I can get an update on the extent of the injury to Zohovs but I'm guessing since we made this move that it's long term otherwise we would probably just dip into our affiliate list.

Mr Ricochet
56 minutes ago, Chipper Fan said:

Omaha picks up Cameron Ginnetti from the Force. IIRC he had a really good summer camp in Fargo. Solid d-man for the Lancers even if he's not a points producer. http://www.fargoforce.com/news_article/show/859174?referrer_id=2837456

98, 2017 2nd rd pick of FAR, stout kid, 110 BCHL games, a Dman that put up FIFTY SIX points in 57 BCHL game last yr!!.  ...  Looks nice on paper.    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248072

Mr Ricochet

Lancers Site  Lancers make multiple trades

In the deal with Fargo: The Lancers traded a 2018 5th Round Phase 2 draft pick and future considerations. Fargo traded Omaha Defenseman, Cam Ginnetti. Ginnetti, a Vancouver native, played in 13 games for the Force this season. Ginnetti was also named the 1st Team All-Star in the BCHL last year and is committed to play college hockey at Clarkson University. 

Chipper Fan

How do NAHL/USHL trades work? I see that Omaha had a deal with Minot but it's not clear from the announcement what Omaha gave up in the deal. 

DM47
3 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

98, 2017 2nd rd pick of FAR, stout kid, 110 BCHL games, a Dman that put up FIFTY SIX points in 57 BCHL game last yr!!.  ...  Looks nice on paper.    http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248072

He got to dress a fair number of games in Fargo.  I just don't think he was on the ice much more then playing the power play.

Mr Ricochet
On 11/22/2017 at 5:20 PM, Chipper Fan said:

How do NAHL/USHL trades work? I see that Omaha had a deal with Minot but it's not clear from the announcement what Omaha gave up in the deal. 

Wasn't quite sure how to answer this Chip, couldn't remember, but here you go.

Bruins Send Stark to USHL, Acquire Defenseman Pilawski