hockeyboy

trade updates

i-pod

Correct me if I am wrong but teams are only allowed 4 imports right? If so muskegon had 5 on the roster meaning they had to get rid of one.

Yeti

Even if the player is born in another country, if he plays at least three years of organized hockey in the USA, he's not an import in the eyes of the USHL.

So you really can't look at a roster and say for sure a player is an import because he was not born in the USA. You have to dig a little deeper sometimes.

DM47

So by this rule it looks like Dennis Smirnov is not considered an import since he has been playing in the US since the 11-12 season according to elite prospects?

This still leaves them with 5 on their current roster needing to cut one. Garrick Gray and Mathias Israelsson I would say are definately safe. THe other three are Justin Baudry, Victor Bergstom and Jannis Jaks.

TheShow

So by this rule it looks like Dennis Smirnov is not considered an import since he has been playing in the US since the 11-12 season according to elite prospects?

This still leaves them with 5 on their current roster needing to cut one. Garrick Gray and Mathias Israelsson I would say are definately safe. THe other three are Justin Baudry, Victor Bergstom and Jannis Jaks.

Bergstrom has to stay. Kid looked solid last night.

herbst20

Cedar Rapids has sent a 5th Round Phase II draft pick to Muskegon for Goalie Ryan Larkin.

herbst20

My suspicions are that UNH is going to pull Danny Tirone at Christmas break after the legal issues of one of their current goalies. I expect Blacker to be the #1 and Larkin to be the #2 for the remainder of the year. Larkin is also a '15 or '16 commit to Miami so it is possible he returns for next season. Purely my speculation though.

Mr Ricochet

Cedar Rapids has sent a 5th Round Phase II draft pick to Muskegon for Goalie Ryan Larkin.

http://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/news_article/show/420417?referrer_id=877108

My suspicions are that UNH is going to pull Danny Tirone at Christmas break after the legal issues of one of their current goalies. I expect Blacker to be the #1 and Larkin to be the #2 for the remainder of the year. Larkin is also a '15 or '16 commit to Miami so it is possible he returns for next season. Purely my speculation though.

You think Tirone will stay until Christmas?

If Pointstreak is correct Carlson allowed Blacker to stay in goal the whole way even though the U-18's put up a 10 spot. Interesting that happens on a day the Riders trade for a goalie. Was Tirone dressed, did Carlson bring 2 or 3 goalies the the FC?

herbst20

Carlson only had two goalies in fall camp. The legal issues with DeSmith happened during fall camp I believe. The only reason I say Christmas is could UNH possibly get him in for the fall semester now?

Mr Ricochet

Carlson only had two goalies in fall camp. The legal issues with DeSmith happened during fall camp I believe. The only reason I say Christmas is could UNH possibly get him in for the fall semester now?

I'm guessing you'll know in a few hours. Let us know what you find out, herby.........It will be a tough break losing Tirone, if it happens.

Blacker is a real nice prospect though.

iowaninja

Tomorrow night the roughriders are having a meet the team event should be interesting to see if Larkin is in attendance.

herbst20

Also the NAHL showcase is tomorrow and Ryan Larkin is a memeber of the Michigan Warriors. It will be telling if he is dressed.

Edit: Larkin is not listed on the Michigan Warriors roster. They only have 1 active goalie.

getz

Not a chance Iraelsson gets cut, slim chance on Gray if none and Bergstrom, Jaks and Baudry never stood out to me so much, but they all play defense so it should be interesting, would have been nice to have kept Hunter Warner this year.

herbst20

TRADE: DUB(@Fighting_Saints) trades Chrcek to DM (@bucshockey) for a conditional 2015 Phase II 10th round pick.

TRADE: MAD(@MadCapsHockey) trades Merl to MUS(@MuskegonJacks) for Egle.

TRADE: CHI(@ChicagoSteel) trades Kalter to SC(@Musketeerhockey) for Joyaux.

TRADE: MUS(@MuskegonJacks) trades Larkin to CR(@RidertownUSA) for a 2015 Phase II 5th round pick.

TRADE: CHI(@ChicagoSteel) trades Berkovitz and McLaughlin to SC(@Musketeerhockey) for Zimmer and Jaremko.

TRADE: FAR(@FargoForce) trades Derks to DM(@bucshockey) for a conditional 2015 Phase II 11th round pick.

Mr Ricochet

Who's Zimmer and Jeremko from Sioux City. Can't find them at Elite Prospects or anywhere on Pointstreak?

Mr Ricochet

Who's Zimmer and Jeremko from Sioux City. Can't find them at Elite Prospects or anywhere on Pointstreak?

Here is Jake Jaremko: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=248386

Thanks, Flyin................ Wow, a 5th round NHL pick and another Dman who should make the roster for a 97 in Zimmer who looks solid but has 2 USHL games, 5 if you count the WCJC, and a 96 (Jeremko) who's 5ft 7in 130 lbs never playing higher than HS and neither of these kids has played for SC this preseason?

If Berkovitz shows anything you're gonna like, love, this deal........

hockeyboy

Chicago is getting 2 solid guys. I would assume that ht. and wt. on Jake is about 2-3 years old.

Edited by hockeyboy

Mr Ricochet

Chicago is getting 2 solid guys. I would assume that ht. and wt. on Jake is about 2-3 years old.

I don't see anything on Jeremko where he's ever skated with the Musketeers........ I'm assuming you liked what you saw of him at camp, he was at camp wasn't he?

The One Timer

Kalter for Joyaux is probably a win for the Steel. Max never showed much in camp, Joyaux at least has a shot at contributing. Plus this now secures the Steel all three Joyaux brothers.