hockeyboy

trade updates

hockeyboy

USHL Hockey Ops‏@USHLHockeyOps·1 hr
TRADE: OM (@OmahaLancers) trades Daccord to SC (@Musketeerhockey) for a conditional 2015 Phase II 5th round pick.

Mr Ricochet

https://twitter.com/USHLHockeyOps/status/491271040216354816

USHL Hockey Ops ‏@USHLHockeyOps

TRADE: GB (@GamblersHockey) trades Hackett and Polino to LIN (@LincolnStars) for a conditional 2015 Phase I 4th round pick.

Wowzers. That's it? A conditional futures pick for Hackett and Polino? I'll take it.

Heard anything more since this announcement? .... Sounds like a move to get under the salary cap.

Mr Ricochet

TRADE: OM (@OmahaLancers) trades Daccord to SC (@Musketeerhockey) for a conditional 2015 Phase II 5th round pick.

Don't if I saw Daccord at a Steel camp or at a USHL Prospect camp, but liked what I saw. Any Lancer fans see their camp this year? If so was Joel there and how did he look to you?

omalancers

Don't if I saw Daccord at a Steel camp or at a USHL Prospect camp, but liked what I saw. Any Lancer fans see their camp this year? If so was Joel there and how did he look to you?

Yes he was at Lancers camp. He had a solid camp and he played in the all star game. I think it was a close race for tht second goalie spot for Omaha.

drinker209

https://twitter.com/USHLHockeyOps/status/491271040216354816

TRADE: GB (@GamblersHockey) trades Hackett and Polino to LIN (@LincolnStars) for a conditional 2015 Phase I 4th round pick.

Wowzers. That's it? A conditional futures pick for Hackett and Polino? I'll take it.

Heard anything more since this announcement? .... Sounds like a move to get under the salary cap.

Does this have anything to do with drafting Pauls from Indiana possibly?

Crazy_Carl

@HullHockey: The @LincolnStars have traded F Ryan Lomberg to the @YtownPhantoms. We wish Ryan all the best! #StarsNation

BackCheck

@HullHockey: The @LincolnStars have traded F Ryan Lomberg to the @YtownPhantoms. We wish Ryan all the best! #StarsNation

I heard earlier today that he had plead guilty to the assault charges and was fined and ordered to pay the victims medical bills. I guess getting that squared away without jail time made him a little easier to trade. Any word on the compensation?

Mr Ricochet

I heard earlier today that he had plead guilty to the assault charges and was fined and ordered to pay the victims medical bills. I guess getting that squared away without jail time made him a little easier to trade. Any word on the compensation?

You're sure on your post, have any links?

BackCheck

Oops! Forgot something.

Edited by BackCheck

Mr Ricochet

Oops! Forgot something.

Thank you, BC!!.......... Always liked Lomberg's game. Hope he's given another chance, and if it's in the USHL it will be good to see him play again, especially for Noreen.

Yeti

Minor correction: He plead guilty to the disorderly conduct charge and the district attorney dropped the assault charge against him. $1,000 fine for the disorderly conduct charge, and $252 for the medical bills.

As for compensation, my guess is a draft pick or picks. If there were players involved, that would have been announced today.

Crazy_Carl

Minor correction: He plead guilty to the disorderly conduct charge and the district attorney dropped the assault charge against him. $1,000 fine for the disorderly conduct charge, and $252 for the medical bills.

As for compensation, my guess is a draft pick or picks. If there were players involved, that would have been announced today.

It would seem Youngstown was very eager to pick up Lomberg. Compensation was a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round pick.

Mr Ricochet

It would seem Youngstown was very eager to pick up Lomberg. Compensation was a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round pick.

Wow!!! Noreen things he's close to having big things happen for the Phantoms this year. ......Nice work by the Stars here.

hockeyboy

Muskegon must feel a little stupid after this trade. That is if the details of the trade are correct.

BackCheck

USHL Hockey Ops @USHLHockeyOps · 27m

TRADE: LN(@LincolnStars) trades Lomberg to YT(@YtownPhantoms) for 2015 Phase I 3rd, Phase II 2nd, and 2016 Phase II 6th (all conditional)

https://twitter.com/USHLHockeyOps/status/497028706628820993

I'm not sure if I like this trade in the long run. That's a lot to give up. I can certainly see why Stars fans would be happy, talk about trading up.

turk181

Green Bay acquires Ohio State commit Jason Dhooghe for an 11th round Phase II pick from Sioux City. Pretty good move on Green Bay's part..... https://twitter.com/WeissFC

Mr Ricochet

TRADE: LN(@LincolnStars) trades Lomberg to YT(@YtownPhantoms) for 2015 Phase I 3rd, Phase II 2nd, and 2016 Phase II 6th (all conditional)

I'm not sure if I like this trade in the long run. That's a lot to give up. I can certainly see why Stars fans would be happy, talk about trading up.

I missed that the picks were conditional. That's no small detail, so conditions need to be met for Lincoln to get full value in return. Of course the conditions are not published, so we'll have to wait and see.

Like you I thought this was heavy payment but if Noreen targeted Lomberg and was willing to part with multiple high picks he will have a huge role for the Phantoms. Lomberg is a player, a good one. 1st line material with tons of experience, a difference maker.

Phantoms acquire Lomberg

Yeti

A real shocker here. /sarcasm

https://twitter.com/USHLHockeyOps/status/497771088357883904

TRADE: DM(@bucshockey) trades Tarek Baker to BL(@BLMThunder) for 2015 Phase I 2nd and a conditional 2016 Phase II pick.

Lots of rumors that Baker refused to report to Des Moines.

BackCheck

I missed that the picks were conditional. That's no small detail, so conditions need to be met for Lincoln to get full value in return. Of course the conditions are not published, so we'll have to wait and see.

Like you I thought this was heavy payment but if Noreen targeted Lomberg and was willing to part with multiple high picks he will have a huge role for the Phantoms. Lomberg is a player, a good one. 1st line material with tons of experience, a difference maker.

Phantoms acquire Lomberg

There's no doubt that Noreen had his sights on him. He goes after players that fit the brand instead of players who may or may not adapt to his system. This has always been my favorite thing about the Phantoms staff. I don't think anyone is questioning his experience, offensive capabilities or that he has the potential to be an impact player for the team. Aside from the off-ice issues, there is some trepidation concerning his PIMs. We had a huge issue with team discipline last season and I, for one, expect the team to do a lot better this year. Hopefully Lomberg and the staff are on the same page with this.

And yes, he would be a huge presence on the 1st line with Connor and Letunov. I think he would also look good on a line with James Winkler. Winkler has good size and seemed, from what I saw, to have good offensive skills and drove hard to the net. Put a center with good hands between them and I think we would have one of the best 2nd lines in the league.

Mr Ricochet

A real shocker here. /sarcasm

https://twitter.com/USHLHockeyOps/status/497771088357883904

TRADE: DM(@bucshockey) trades Tarek Baker to BL(@BLMThunder) for 2015 Phase I 2nd and a conditional 2016 Phase II pick.

Lots of rumors that Baker refused to report to Des Moines.

Kid is a maniac! My math be a bit off but the kid puts up 9 points a game: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=245170

A Minnesota commit. Glad to see a "bottom" club get him instead of the usual suspects. Look forward to see him playing for Bloomy.

herbst20

Cedar Rapids has traded Nick Master (2103 1st Round Pick) to Tri City for a 5th round pick. The pick would be a 4th rounder if Master scores 35 or more points.

Had an injury plagued year last year with CR. I wish him nothing but the best.

Mr Ricochet

Cedar Rapids has traded Nick Master (2103 1st Round Pick) to Tri City for a 5th round pick. The pick would be a 4th rounder if Master scores 35 or more points.

Had an injury plagued year last year with CR. I wish him nothing but the best.

If Carlson drafted him the the 1st round of the 2013 draft, 5th overall, good bet the kid has some game. A 19 yr old with 30 USHL games under his belt TC might have a player who's ready to produce.