Sign in to follow this  
hckynut

Janesville Jets Main Camp

hckynut

Main camp started yesterday in Janesville. 10 Teams of skaters - plus I believe they started with 40 goalies which was cut to 24 (3 per team).

This is my first view of an NAHL main camp. Saw the Mad Caps main camp a couple of weeks ago.

I am guessing they are pleased with the turnout. Fun to watch.

I wish I could provide better details, but they are not distributing rosters except to the scouts in attendance. Love to be able to tell you who is here and where they are from.

Edited by hckynut

hckynut

Having seen their rink and looking at their attendance figures I have no issue with the money grab aspect of this camp. If it helps them meet their budget so be it. Nobody puts a gun to the players and parents head and says they must pay. Granted there are plenty of kids who mistakenly think they have a shot when they don't but they get to play with kids from that level and learn about what it takes to succeed or be better at that level. Gotta pay the bills somehow I guess.

minor life

Janesville also moves a ton of kids to USHL so its no wonder players want to play there. I think they are tops in the league if I am not mistaken.

Mr Ricochet

The Jets seem to be one of the more solid NAHL franchise, and produce solid players. Think the Thunder tendered their goalie, Logan Halladay.

What can you tell us about the talent in camp? Having seen Madison's camp only a couple weeks before what are your thoughts on the Jets allstar rosters?

Mr Ricochet

Wow, nice Alpha. Thanks for the post.........

I see recently let go Steel Zach Lavelle is there. Also Grant Stueve was with the Steel for a bit too. The Jacks' Dman Zach Yoder too.

i-pod

Also Alex Smith who played with Phantoms made the All star roster. He also played with the Jacks.

Mr Ricochet

Gazettte Extra/Eric Schmoldt Janesville Jets conduct summer tryouts

Pavelski, who has a stake in Wisconsin Hockey Partners, the Jets’ ownership group, is coming off a season with the San Jose Sharks in which he scored 41 goals and had 79 points in 81 games.

The camp served as somewhat of an unofficial start to what is a crucial season for the Jets’ future in Janesville.

In February, the city council approved the the team’s request for a one-year lease of the ice arena. That decision came at the end of an initial five-year deal that began when the Jets took root in 2009. The council also approved a decrease of more than $7,000 in fees paid to the city.

The partners hope to increase paid attendance and make the franchise a viable long-term entity in the city. WHP President Bill McCoshen said in February the partners’ main objective was never to make a major profit, but the group needs the franchise to at least break even.

Alpha Male

It was great to see the big Pavelski at the rink for tryouts. Lets hope the city of Janesville realizes what an asset this team is for the community and local businesses.The ice was bad during tryouts and through last season as well, the rinks zamboni broke down during tryouts,they brought in a back up from another city,then between the 2nd and 3rd period of the final all star game the backup zamboni broke down as well leaving the teams to play the 3rd with the ice half done which made for an interesting speed change on the puck. The game ended in a 4-4 tie, with team white winning in ot playing 4 on 4. Game winner scored by #3 white who looked very good in the final game,I'm not a scout,nor did I have a kid in the all star game, but others that stood out to me in the game (not including veteran jets)

Team white-#2 (1 goal) #4 (1 goal) #8 (1 goal 1assist) #9 (1 goal 1 assist)

Team blue-#5 (no points but played well) #7 (1 goal) #8 (2 goals and 1 goal in shootout)

The One Timer

I believe this will be Zach's second season with the Jets.

Yoder did spend last year with the Jets after not making it onto a USHL roster. LaValle went 12th overall in the NAHL entry draft, so I'm guessing they had a feeling he wouldn't be making it back onto the Steel this year.

hckynut

It was great to see the big Pavelski at the rink for tryouts. Lets hope the city of Janesville realizes what an asset this team is for the community and local businesses.The ice was bad during tryouts and through last season as well, the rinks zamboni broke down during tryouts,they brought in a back up from another city,then between the 2nd and 3rd period of the final all star game the backup zamboni broke down as well leaving the teams to play the 3rd with the ice half done which made for an interesting speed change on the puck. The game ended in a 4-4 tie, with team white winning in ot playing 4 on 4. Game winner scored by #3 white who looked very good in the final game,I'm not a scout,nor did I have a kid in the all star game, but others that stood out to me in the game (not including veteran jets)

Team white-#2 (1 goal) #4 (1 goal) #8 (1 goal 1assist) #9 (1 goal 1 assist)

Team blue-#5 (no points but played well) #7 (1 goal) #8 (2 goals and 1 goal in shooto

5 blue was the only Mission Kid there - Kip Hoffman according to the roster. Loved his game all week. Real chicago style AAA player - good skater, good hands, plays with an edge - mixes it up physically, makes the right simple play.

Edited by hckynut