Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

BPL Matchday Wrap Up Aug 24th

Mr Ricochet

RotoWorld Link

Watched the 1-0 Liverpool win over Aston Villa. Liverpool looked very, very good moving the ball around at will. AVL was playing it's 3rd game in 8 days so it's tough to judge Liverpool's superior play. Really a good match.

Watched Southampton go down 1-0 a few minutes in at home v Sunderland and just pepper them until they tied it in the 87th minute. Sunderland played conservative for the last 90 minutes, but it was a good game even so.

Swansea goes to Tottenham at 10:00 CDT on NBCSP today.

Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City - It may be a slight over-reaction to Swansea getting roughed up by United but between Spurs being at home and Swansea City having looked out of sorts, this one is leaning toward a Spurs win and clean sheet.

And of course set those DVR's for Monday's first big match of the season as Man U travels to Chelsea at 2:00 PM CDT also on NBCSP.

Manchester United v Chelsea - When these two teams get together, especially with new managers looking to mark their territory early in the season, there is every chance that both will play it conservative. Anything COULD happen but it seems likely that we're looking at a low scoring (1-1) draw. The Move: Don't buy in for fantasy but sit back and enjoy as the first great drama of the season unfolds.

jkozak

Frustrating loss for my adopted swans. Will take a while to get used to one penalty kick deciding a game

Mr Ricochet

Frustrating loss for my adopted swans. Will take a while to get used to one penalty kick deciding a game

Tottenham put on a clinic in the first half, and the Swans were lucky not to have been blown out by half time. The ref gave a makeup call on that penalty kick, making up for the one he didn't give Tottenham in the 1st half.

But, I liked some of what I saw out of the Swans. They hung in there and were only a bounce away from gaining a very tough road point.

But the story of the year was Cardiff, who haven't played in top division since NINETEEN SIXTY TWO, who beat powerhouse Man City, 3-2. A beautiful thing!!

Couple stories. Real Madrid and Tottenham agree world-record 100 million euro Bale deal

Real Madrid Reportedly Approve Arsenal's Bid for Angel Di Maria

jkozak

Tottenham put on a clinic in the first half, and the Swans were lucky not to have been blown out by half time. The ref gave a makeup call on that penalty kick, making up for the one he didn't give Tottenham in the 1st half.

But, I liked some of what I saw out of the Swans. They hung in there and were only a bounce away from gaining a very tough road point.

But the story of the year was Cardiff, who haven't played in top division since NINETEEN SIXTY TWO, who beat powerhouse Man City, 3-2. A beautiful thing!!

Couple stories. Real Madrid and Tottenham agree world-record 100 million euro Bale deal

Real Madrid Reportedly Approve Arsenal's Bid for Angel Di Maria

Wow that is something else. I saw that score but had not realized they were such a new entrant

Mr Ricochet

BBC Sport The much-anticipated meeting between Manchester United and Chelsea ended in anti-climax as Old Trafford witnessed its first goalless draw in the Premier League since May 2009.

This writer didn't think the game was very good, but I sure did. Incredible players all over the field making plays makes a scoreless tie fine with me.