Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

Soccer Fans

Mr Ricochet

At a few years ago at a very late age I started following soccer and like the sport even more today. I'm a fan of the Premier League mostly cuz it's very physical, but have come to like most of the European leagues. We used to talk some soccer here Link and when an English hockey fan, scoobster, started posting it really informed the board of English soccer. #13 post from the link by scoobster is a real beauty.

Anyway the Gold Cup semifinals are tonight on FSC. The US is playing Honduras and Mexico plays Panama. The Final is here in Chicago this Sunday. Link

The One Timer

NBC Sports Network is running their Premiere League Club Primer this Thursday at 6:30 central.

Miracle on Vanrick

The coverage of the EPL to the American sports fan is going to be like nothing we have seen before with the sport. Being able to watch Manchester United on NBC will be a treat for anyone who didn't want to fork over the extra money for Fox Soccer.

It seems like NBC is trying there best to educate the average fan in the States while not going over the top to Americanize it.

Mr Ricochet

The coverage of the EPL to the American sports fan is going to be like nothing we have seen before with the sport. Being able to watch Manchester United on NBC will be a treat for anyone who didn't want to fork over the extra money for Fox Soccer.

It seems like NBC is trying there best to educate the average fan in the States while not going over the top to Americanize it.

On the Chicago sports radio station, WSCR, they are running ads for the BPL on NBC Sports. So they are spending to advertise........ In the few years I have followed the MLS this league has really improved the quality of play. Too often they would kinda kick the ball deep and chase it, it seemed. Not as much anymore as most teams can really move the ball around well, execute a game plan, play ball control and patiently wait for seems. No it's not the BPL, but after watching European soccer for a few years there were times I couldn't make it through a whole MLS game, not so anymore.

The sport is really catching on in the US as the quality of play rises and brand new arenas in Portland, KC, to name a couple, are being built exclusively for soccer. MLS attendance

I think NBC is coming in at the right time. The BPL will sell itself, only a matter of exposing it to US fans.

Mr Ricochet

NBC Sports Network is running their Premiere League Club Primer this Thursday at 6:30 central.

Thanks TOT, did not know this..........

echl rocks

As the illegal swarms keep filing in and reproducing in rabbit-like fashion, soccer will become popular on the professional level in due time.

Mr Ricochet

As the illegal swarms keep filing in and reproducing in rabbit-like fashion, soccer will become popular on the professional level in due time.

Cmon dude, what are to trying to do to FYC??!!?? And when was the last God Damn time you saw a scumbag owner marched out in cuffs cuz he hired some poor bastard for 3 bucks an hour trying to feed his family????

Miracle on Vanrick

Wanted to bump this up. Until 11 eastern tonight NBC Sports Network is packed with EPL coverage...

echl rocks

Cmon dude, what are to trying to do to FYC??!!?? And when was the last God Damn time you saw a scumbag owner marched out in cuffs cuz he hired some poor bastard for 3 bucks an hour trying to feed his family????

Every major institution has given their blessing to this mess. Government, media, courts, business, "education", churches and labor unions. It's a complete mess which has changed the United States permanently and will ultimately give us 3rd world economic status.

As for the scum who hire them, I'd put every one in jail. What this migration has done is pretty much destroy the wages of non-special privileged blue collar workers. It's a gd crime the social and economic disasters this has wreaked upon the working class.

Professional soccer will ultimately benefit from this disaster. Other sports, not so much.

I will cease and desist from here on out on this subject. I promise. LOL.

Feel free to delete this and the last if you want. Won't be bothered in the least.

I went to a Columbus Crew game with a hockey bud a few years ago and was surprised that I enjoyed it so much. I've been to one or two since. I think soccer suffers from the same malady as hockey did before HDTV. The quickness and bursts of speed in the game don't translate well to the TV. And in America, it is the television that rules most all things.

Edited by echl rocks

Mr Ricochet

Wanted to bump this up. Until 11 eastern tonight NBC Sports Network is packed with EPL coverage...

Found the one hour program "Guide to the EPL" to be very informative. They are running it again today, so anyone interested in a quick overview of the league tune in.

Did not realize Liverpool and Everton are ONE mile apart! Talk about a rivarly, which they call a darby.