Sign in to follow this  
Primis

Anyone Feeling Some 1990's IHL Nostialgia?

Primis

If I told you I could upload to YouTube some chunks (not sure how far it goes, might be the complete game even, but at least around 2 periods) of a TV broadcast of a 1994 IHL game featuring none other than Bruce Boudreau's Fort Wayne Komets visiting Ken Hitchcock's Kalamazoo Wings... would that be of interest to anyone?

PSiTSi

Absolutely! I never post but I wanted to sign in for this one. I was watching some old Cleveland Lumberjacks videos the other night. A guy has uploaded several full games.

Mr Ricochet

I don't go that far back to the original IHL but would love to see some footage, especially anything from Kzoo or Flint.

Primis

My folks were going through old videotapes and family movies because my mother was converting them to .AVI's since nobody has VHS players anymore, and she stumbled across a tape of a game. And being awesome, she converted it and gave it to me on DVD figuring I might want it.

For some reason though when she converted it, it came out in chunks about 175MB each. So I'm trying to decide if I should dig up an editor and stitch them together into one big file, or I should just upload the individual pieces and label them accordingly. I think there's 10-12 chunks total.

I'll take a crack at getting them up sometime this week. I'll post links when I get them here. This game was broadcast on Prime Sports, so it was a national, professional broadcast and not even just the occasional local channel ones they used to do.

Primis

So... I'm still going to do this, just had a delay. The files are on my desktop and... guess who just lost his office room to make more space in the house? This guy. So my desktop has been out of commission for a few days, it's just getting back up now in a new (less-than-ideal) location. I've only been on sporadically from my old laptop, which I'm typing this on now.

So I didn't forget. I just didn't know we were going to redo rooms, thought I had a few weeks yet. Still gunning for next few days to start uploading...