Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

Sioux City 6 @ Lincoln 2 (Tuesday 3/5 Recap)

Ryan    0
Ryan

Sioux City nets another goal on the PP to go up 2-1. Jake Guentzel records the goal.

Ryan    0
Ryan

2-1 SC after 1 period of play. Like last meeting, special teams are playing a key role tonight.

Ryan    0
Ryan

A little over half way through the 2nd, Christian Lampasso gives SC a 3-1 lead.

Ryan    0
Ryan

Jimmy DeVito gets Lincoln on the board early in the 3rd to make it a 1 goal game, but Josh Erickson responds and gives SC a 4-2 lead.

About 3 minutes left in the game. Lincoln can't stay out of the box.

Ryan    0
Ryan

Joe Snively goal! PP goal for SC, now 5-2.

Ryan    0
Ryan

Cedric Lacroix gets his first goal of the year, and Sioux City wins 6-2.

Connor Girard kicks out 31 of 33 for the win.

Yeti    0
Yeti

Ugly effort once again tonight by the Stars. Pretty much the opposite of last Tuesday's game. Lincoln couldn't stay out of the penalty box, and the Muskies were able to take advantage. SC definitely deserved to win this one. Girard didn't have to work very hard for the dub.

Frustrating to watch this Stars team look so good some nights, and then look absolutely brutal on other nights.

Yeti    0
Yeti

Larson talked about doing the same thing last week to Lincoln. Come right out to start the game and be physical. Problem was, they weren't smart about it and spent most of the first two periods in the penalty box.

I understand you don't want to come out and roll right over on your back, but you can play physical hockey without being stupid. We'll find out tonight if they figured that out yet.

These lines are great "Problem was, they weren't smart about it and spent most of the first two periods in the penalty box." and "you can play physical hockey without being stupid" coming from a Lincoln fan; absolutely hilarious!!!!! Once again league leaders in penalty minutes your Lincoln Stars!!! Enjoy the game Yeti!!!!

Other than hating the Stars, is there any particular reason you like to follow me around to every thread and be a goof? Seriously. Have I wronged you in a different life? Or are you just naturally a troll?

If you knew me outside of this message board, you'd know that I don't wear black and blue glasses. Ryan knows me pretty well and I think he'd back me up when I say that I'll call out the Stars when they play stupid, which has been a lot this season. I'm fully aware that the Stars can commit dumb penalties and lose games because of it. Yes, I know how to read (shocker!) and am also fully aware the Stars are leading the league in PIM's. Thanks for pointing that out, though.

My point in my earlier comment (which you quoted twice), was that SC didn't play smart in that game last Tuesday. Tonight, it was the opposite.

Edited by Mr Ricochet

Jabroni    0
Jabroni

Larson talked about doing the same thing last week to Lincoln. Come right out to start the game and be physical. Problem was, they weren't smart about it and spent most of the first two periods in the penalty box.

I understand you don't want to come out and roll right over on your back, but you can play physical hockey without being stupid. We'll find out tonight if they figured that out yet.

These lines are great "Problem was, they weren't smart about it and spent most of the first two periods in the penalty box." and "you can play physical hockey without being stupid" coming from a Lincoln fan; absolutely hilarious!!!!! Once again league leaders in penalty minutes your Lincoln Stars!!! Enjoy the game Yeti!!!!

Other than hating the Stars, is there any particular reason you like to follow me around to every thread and be an asshole? Seriously. Have I wronged you in a different life? Or are you just naturally a troll?

If you knew me outside of this message board, you'd know that I don't wear black and blue glasses. Ryan knows me pretty well and I think he'd back me up when I say that I'll call out the Stars when they play stupid, which has been a lot this season. I'm fully aware that the Stars can commit dumb penalties and lose games because of it. Yes, I know how to read (shocker!) and am also fully aware the Stars are leading the league in PIM's. Thanks for pointing that out, though.

My point in my earlier comment (which you quoted twice), was that SC didn't play smart in that game last Tuesday. Tonight, it was the opposite.

Coming form a lurker and Musky fan, I agree wikth you Yeti. You don't hesitate to call out Lincoln on their faults or strengths

Spit n Argue    0
Spit n Argue

Other than hating the Stars, is there any particular reason you like to follow me around to every thread and be an asshole? Seriously. Have I wronged you in a different life? Or are you just naturally a troll?

If you knew me outside of this message board, you'd know that I don't wear black and blue glasses. Ryan knows me pretty well and I think he'd back me up when I say that I'll call out the Stars when they play stupid, which has been a lot this season. I'm fully aware that the Stars can commit dumb penalties and lose games because of it. Yes, I know how to read (shocker!) and am full aware the Stars are leading the league in PIM's.

I do dislike the Stars style of play, year in year out; thugs. Honestly I wasn't aware that I as a SC fan couldn't post in a Lincoln vs SC thread. After all your post was directed to the SC team, ain't karma something. Yep your probably a great person (keep in mind I haven't called you a goof) but then again I don't know you, SC is better than most people have given them credit for this season, 21 or so 1 goal loses this season I think. Maybe you should just lighten up a bit and let this frustrating loss sink in a bit.

Yeti    0
Yeti

If you knew me outside of this message board, you'd know that I don't wear black and blue glasses. Ryan knows me pretty well and I think he'd back me up when I say that I'll call out the Stars when they play stupid, which has been a lot this season. I'm fully aware that the Stars can commit dumb penalties and lose games because of it. Yes, I know how to read (shocker!) and am full aware the Stars are leading the league in PIM's.

I do dislike the Stars style of play, year in year out; thugs. Honestly I wasn't aware that I as a SC fan couldn't post in a Lincoln vs SC thread. After all your post was directed to the SC team, ain't karma something. Yep your probably a great person (keep in mind I haven't called you an asshole) but then again I don't know you, SC is better than most people have given them credit for this season, 21 or so 1 goal loses this season I think. Maybe you should just lighten up a bit and let this frustrating loss sink in a bit.

So you're a troll looking to get a rise out of me. Got it. I guess it worked. I'll just ignore you from now on and interact with the majority of folks here who have something positive to contribute.

Have a nice night!

Yeti    0
Yeti

Back to the topic at hand....I really like Christian Lampasso's game. Tons of energy. Not afraid to get his nose dirty in the corners. Very quick on his skates and does a good job at finding the open spaces on the ice. Each time I see him in person I'm more impressed.

Ryan    0
Ryan

Back to the topic at hand....I really like Christian Lampasso's game. Tons of energy. Not afraid to get his nose dirty in the corners. Very quick on his skates and does a good job at finding the open spaces on the ice. Each time I see him in person I'm more impressed.

Agreed. I saw him for the first time last weekend when SC was in Omaha. He never takes a shift off and leaves it all on the ice. Gotta love players like that.

SiouxCityFan    0
SiouxCityFan

Agreed. I saw him for the first time last weekend when SC was in Omaha. He never takes a shift off and leaves it all on the ice. Gotta love players like that.

I like his game alot as well. When he first arrived in SC tho, he started of really slow. I would assume getting used to the new system or whatever it was, but for the last couple of weeks he has been very well. Super quick, not afraid to get into the dirty ares, and like Ryan said never takes a shift off.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

SC Journal Muskies down Lincoln for third straight win

Sioux City played a more disciplined game than in any of its previous six games with Lincoln, committing no fighting infractions against the Stars for the first time this season. The Musketeers killed off all three Star power plays while Sioux City scored on three of its eight advantages.

Sioux City goaltender Connor Girard got a measure of revenge for a rough outing in the 8-5 loss to Lincoln last Tuesday, keeping the Stars at bay on all but two of the 33 shots he faced. He is now 4-2-1 since joining Sioux City and won for the third straight time.

The Bucaneers are currently two points ahead of Sioux City in the standings and the Muskeeters could move out of last place in the Western Conference with a good weekend.

FargoForceFan    0
FargoForceFan

McKee dosen't have to fight...just get under his skin and he will blow it

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

18 is correct. McKee has some maturing to do. Maybe when he's not the biggest kid on the school yard that will happen...... Also a different environment will probably help too. Stars hockey culture dictates a smash mouth style and some like McKee have difficulty knowing where the line is that physical play can hurt the club.

FargoForceFan    0
FargoForceFan

18 is correct. McKee has some maturing to do. Maybe when he's not the biggest kid on the school yard that will happen...... Also a different environment will probably help too. Stars hockey culture dictates a smash mouth style and some like McKee have difficulty knowing where the line is that physical play can hurt the club.

Two McKee events from last weekends games with Fargo:

Puck goes into the corner of the Stars D-zone, Guertler goes in hard, wins the race, but falls down. While on the ice trying to get up, McKee repeated cross checks Guertler back down on the ice. The whole time Mckee never tried to play the puck and the puck was to the right of Guertler, yet the ref never made a call, so he got away with one. Some words were exchanged between Guertler and Mckee at the whistle

Later on Guertler was back checking puts a solid check on a Stars player in the Force D-Zone who had his head down, Stars player goes down. Mckee takes offense, comes up from behind Guertler in the middle of the ice, checks him from behind and gets a 2 & 10

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Two McKee events from last weekends games with Fargo:

Puck goes into the corner of the Stars D-zone, Guertler goes in hard, wins the race, but falls down. While on the ice trying to get up, McKee repeated cross checks Guertler back down on the ice. The whole time Mckee never tried to play the puck and the puck was to the right of Guertler, yet the ref never made a call, so he got away with one. Some words were exchanged between Guertler and Mckee at the whistle

Later on Guertler was back checking puts a solid check on a Stars player in the Force D-Zone who had his head down, Stars player goes down. Mckee takes offense, comes up from behind Guertler in the middle of the ice, checks him from behind and gets a 2 & 10

Do that in college and you'll be a healthy scratch..... His game will change or AA pro will be in his future.

Kid has all the physical attributes needed to go far in this sport, as do 37,688 other players in the world. Physical skills will only take you so far and as you climb the hockey ladder they all have those skills.

Spit n Argue    0
Spit n Argue

I bet Rico's right it will be fun watching McKee mature as he progresses up through the ranks and (hopefully) play in the NHL.