Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Roster Moves

Ryan

Andrew Weiss tweeted that the Chicago Blackhawks have assigned goaltender Johan Mattsson to the Tri-City Storm. He is a 92 from Sweden and last played for the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL. This makes 5 goalies on Tri-City's roster now, I believe.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=20050

Also, according to Elite Prospects, Peter Quenneville has transferred back to the AJHL's Sherwood Park Crusaders. The link they provide for the info, however, is a box score with no mention of Quenneville.

Waterloo has brought in another player, this time a Finnish defenseman in Aleksi Rossi. 1993 born and committed to Brown University.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=44730

Yeti

To be fair, the Blackhawks didn't "assign" Mattsson anywhere. He hasn't signed a pro contract with them, thus the Blackhawks really don't have a say where he plays. I'm sure they may recommend he goes here, or there...but "assign" isn't the right word. Seems like an overager who couldn't find a home in major juniors and has to play somewhere.

Ryan

You are correct. I looked at the Hawks' site and it had an article of the players they re-assigned, and Mattsson wasn't one of them. It still adds a lot of problems for Hauge to deal with when making his roster 23 following the Fall Classic. I mentioned on the other topic that they have 8 imports, including 4 goalies.

You'd have to think Liedes will make the team, and possibly both Due-Boje and Mattsson. Or Santaguida. Hell, I wouldn't want to be in Hauge's shoes.

Oldin Sloe

Haug may have a tough decision to make, but I would assume it is a pleasant problem to have. The 2 goalies that played in Duluth have very different styles of play. Due-Boji is more of a stay home, play the puck when necessary style. Santaguida is much more active out of the net, and handles the puck alot, and well I would say. I would rather be making this decision now, than trying to make trades later in the season to patch a hole.

Spit n Argue

OK I am not a goalie guy any opinions of good, better, best on the three; Due-Boji, Santaguida and Mattsson?

Ryan

OK I am not a goalie guy any opinions of good, better, best on the three; Due-Boji, Santaguida and Mattsson?

Mattsson never played up in Duluth, along with Frey and Lehr that are also listed on the roster. Due-Boje and Santaguida each played both games and both looked really well. Santaguida is on the small side, but moves very quick.

herbst20

Dane Cooper's rights have been moved to Waterloo. He sent me a direct message today.

Ryan

Wow, Waterloo adding another defenseman. There is their grit they may need this season.

herbst20

Wow.....apprently the NTDP isnt done taking people from teams. According to the latest Protected list on USA hockey, they have plucked Michael Babcock away from Cedar Rapids.

SCM2011

Dane Cooper's rights have been moved to Waterloo. He sent me a direct message today.

Everything I heard had him going to Tri City but sure enough, he showed up on Waterloo's score sheet from last nights game.

Ryan

Everything I heard had him going to Tri City but sure enough, he showed up on Waterloo's score sheet from last nights game.

Notice who the goalie was last night for Waterloo? The goalie SC had protected after camp, but somehow he was on Sioux Falls' list and they wouldn't release him to SC.

Spit n Argue

Notice who the goalie was last night for Waterloo? The goalie SC had protected after camp, but somehow he was on Sioux Falls' list and they wouldn't release him to SC.

Are you sure? looking over Sioux City's tryout camp goaltender roster I don't see either Taylor or Adamo. I could be wrong but the only goaltender SC has released after camp so far is Ville Runola, but I dont see him on Waterloo's list.

herbst20

Dubuque's Radio and PR guy 100% denies that Quenneville is going back to his old team. He says that Peter is a Fighting Saint.

Mr Ricochet

There's the fighter for Waterloo. Waterloo is in the Eastern Conference?

No, the Western..........

Mr Ricochet

Speaking of roster moves, looks like the Muskegon Lumberjacks picked up a euro goalie. Kevin Lindskoug from Sweden. Another overager.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=16657

Is it just me, or does it seems like a lot of USHL teams are looking at euro goalies? More so than normal.

I don't have any numbers, but it sure does..........I like Stewart, but this it's good to see the Jacks try and upgrade the position if they can whether it be the #1 or #2.

Oldin Sloe

Stewart is a solid kid. Watched him for a season 3 years ago, and saw him steal 5 or 6 games on his own. Of course he is about 6 inches taller now!!!!!

FargoForceFan

Wow.....apprently the NTDP isnt done taking people from teams. According to the latest Protected list on USA hockey, they have plucked Michael Babcock away from Cedar Rapids.

I do not get why the USHL just bends over for NDTP time and time again

herbst20

Apparently Babcock is just a loan to the NTDP per Chris Peters. He is filling in for an injured player. Chris said the protected lists are updated weekly and he is on the NTDP this week so he could play for them. He will remain a Roughrider affiliate list player.

SCM2011

Are you sure? looking over Sioux City's tryout camp goaltender roster I don't see either Taylor or Adamo. I could be wrong but the only goaltender SC has released after camp so far is Ville Runola, but I dont see him on Waterloo's list.

Adamo was in SC's camp last yea for sure. Wasn't aware he was in camp this year though.

FargoForceFan

Apparently Babcock is just a loan to the NTDP per Chris Peters. He is filling in for an injured player. Chris said the protected lists are updated weekly and he is on the NTDP this week so he could play for them. He will remain a Roughrider affiliate list player.

I guess 45 active NDTP players is not enough to cover for those occasional injuries :lolz:

Edited by FargoForceFan

Yeti

I guess 45 active NDTP players is not enough to cover for those occasional injuries :lolz:

I thought that was pretty hokey too. Makes me wonder if the kid would have been called up if his last name wasn't "Babcock."

FargoForceFan

I thought that was pretty hokey too. Makes me wonder if the kid would have been called up if his last name wasn't "Babcock."

Well at least they are not flying kids in from Minnesota on a weekly basis to fill in for injured players.

Getting off subject here, but over the years I have change my opinion of the NDTP. Its a wasteful program that should be eliminated.