• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts
  • Interests:Musketeers, Golden Gophers, Avalanche, and USHL hockey.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

Andrew Weiss tweeted that the Chicago Blackhawks have assigned goaltender Johan Mattsson to the Tri-City Storm. He is a 92 from Sweden and last played for the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL. This makes 5 goalies on Tri-City's roster now, I believe.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=20050

Also, according to Elite Prospects, Peter Quenneville has transferred back to the AJHL's Sherwood Park Crusaders. The link they provide for the info, however, is a box score with no mention of Quenneville.

Waterloo has brought in another player, this time a Finnish defenseman in Aleksi Rossi. 1993 born and committed to Brown University.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=44730
Posted Image

#2 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

To be fair, the Blackhawks didn't "assign" Mattsson anywhere. He hasn't signed a pro contract with them, thus the Blackhawks really don't have a say where he plays. I'm sure they may recommend he goes here, or there...but "assign" isn't the right word. Seems like an overager who couldn't find a home in major juniors and has to play somewhere.

#3 Ryan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

You are correct. I looked at the Hawks' site and it had an article of the players they re-assigned, and Mattsson wasn't one of them. It still adds a lot of problems for Hauge to deal with when making his roster 23 following the Fall Classic. I mentioned on the other topic that they have 8 imports, including 4 goalies.

You'd have to think Liedes will make the team, and possibly both Due-Boje and Mattsson. Or Santaguida. Hell, I wouldn't want to be in Hauge's shoes.
Posted Image

#4 Oldin Sloe

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Haug may have a tough decision to make, but I would assume it is a pleasant problem to have. The 2 goalies that played in Duluth have very different styles of play. Due-Boji is more of a stay home, play the puck when necessary style. Santaguida is much more active out of the net, and handles the puck alot, and well I would say. I would rather be making this decision now, than trying to make trades later in the season to patch a hole.

#5 Spit n Argue

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

OK I am not a goalie guy any opinions of good, better, best on the three; Due-Boji, Santaguida and Mattsson?

#6 Ryan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

OK I am not a goalie guy any opinions of good, better, best on the three; Due-Boji, Santaguida and Mattsson?

Mattsson never played up in Duluth, along with Frey and Lehr that are also listed on the roster. Due-Boje and Santaguida each played both games and both looked really well. Santaguida is on the small side, but moves very quick.
Posted Image

#7 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Dane Cooper's rights have been moved to Waterloo. He sent me a direct message today.

#8 Ryan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

Wow, Waterloo adding another defenseman. There is their grit they may need this season.
Posted Image

#9 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Wow.....apprently the NTDP isnt done taking people from teams. According to the latest Protected list on USA hockey, they have plucked Michael Babcock away from Cedar Rapids.

#10 SCM2011

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Dane Cooper's rights have been moved to Waterloo. He sent me a direct message today.

Everything I heard had him going to Tri City but sure enough, he showed up on Waterloo's score sheet from last nights game.

#11 Ryan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Everything I heard had him going to Tri City but sure enough, he showed up on Waterloo's score sheet from last nights game.

Notice who the goalie was last night for Waterloo? The goalie SC had protected after camp, but somehow he was on Sioux Falls' list and they wouldn't release him to SC.
Posted Image

#12 Spit n Argue

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Anyone know what SC got for Cooper?

#13 KidRoberts

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

There's the fighter for Waterloo. Waterloo is in the Eastern Conference?

#14 Spit n Argue

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Notice who the goalie was last night for Waterloo? The goalie SC had protected after camp, but somehow he was on Sioux Falls' list and they wouldn't release him to SC.

Are you sure? looking over Sioux City's tryout camp goaltender roster I don't see either Taylor or Adamo. I could be wrong but the only goaltender SC has released after camp so far is Ville Runola, but I dont see him on Waterloo's list.

#15 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Dubuque's Radio and PR guy 100% denies that Quenneville is going back to his old team. He says that Peter is a Fighting Saint.

#16 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 4,478 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Speaking of roster moves, looks like the Muskegon Lumberjacks picked up a euro goalie. Kevin Lindskoug from Sweden. Another overager.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=16657

Is it just me, or does it seems like a lot of USHL teams are looking at euro goalies? More so than normal.

#17 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 32,493 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

There's the fighter for Waterloo. Waterloo is in the Eastern Conference?

No, the Western..........
Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#18 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 32,493 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Speaking of roster moves, looks like the Muskegon Lumberjacks picked up a euro goalie. Kevin Lindskoug from Sweden. Another overager.

http://www.elitepros...hp?player=16657

Is it just me, or does it seems like a lot of USHL teams are looking at euro goalies? More so than normal.

I don't have any numbers, but it sure does..........I like Stewart, but this it's good to see the Jacks try and upgrade the position if they can whether it be the #1 or #2.
Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#19 Oldin Sloe

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Stewart is a solid kid. Watched him for a season 3 years ago, and saw him steal 5 or 6 games on his own. Of course he is about 6 inches taller now!!!!!

#20 FargoForceFan

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Wow.....apprently the NTDP isnt done taking people from teams. According to the latest Protected list on USA hockey, they have plucked Michael Babcock away from Cedar Rapids.

I do not get why the USHL just bends over for NDTP time and time again
webkit-fake-url://FD2354B4-0F4E-4F81-99FA-7B2085159B67/photo.JPG.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  hydrogyrum : (09 September 2014 - 05:33 PM) I'm ready for hockey now. Please pass the hockey.
@  The One Timer : (03 September 2014 - 09:08 AM) You probably already had the malware or adware on your computer, odds are it'll randomly redirect you regardless of site. If you're still having this issue (or anyone encounters it), go download AdwCleaner, it'll clear out the issue.
@  Gibbie42 : (14 August 2014 - 07:51 PM) I got redirected from this site to a sketchy site that wanted me to "update my java" then forced a download on me. I think it's malware. Redirect went here: 69.162.91.229
@  Jr96Dad : (03 June 2014 - 06:30 AM) @ Mr Ricochet: Yes, TIER III
@  Mr Ricochet : (02 June 2014 - 04:10 PM) Is that Tier III, JrDad?
@  Jr96Dad : (02 June 2014 - 08:52 AM) Cant wait to watch the WSHL on fast hockey this year. Wyoming is too far for me to drive for weekend games.
@  Mr Ricochet : (12 February 2014 - 09:41 AM) caweed, look at the SPHL or FHL. Both are A pro.
@  caweed08 : (11 February 2014 - 11:40 PM) Anyone know of any teams that have open tryouts for a military vet who is 24y/o?
@  IceGoon1410 : (06 December 2013 - 08:18 AM) needs more hockey
@  Chopstyx : (27 September 2013 - 10:36 PM) Mr Ricochet, Will be back soon!
@  Mr Ricochet : (20 September 2013 - 05:42 AM) Eddie O really talking up the Waterloo Blackhawks on the telecast last night where his boy, Nick, will play this year.
@  Mr Ricochet : (18 September 2013 - 06:13 AM) Great to be back at the UC. TT looked to be as advertised and Nordstrom really does have a 3 zone game.
@  Mr Ricochet : (07 September 2013 - 07:37 AM) Gottta love HS football!! Go Minooka.
@  Chopstyx : (06 September 2013 - 11:18 PM) Rico , thanks for going to the game with pop!
@  Mr Ricochet : (24 June 2013 - 06:20 AM) Go Hawks. Win the Cup tonight!!
@  The One Timer : (29 May 2013 - 10:25 PM) First time Q has EVER gotten a team past the Red Wings in the playoffs. Took him long enough.
@  Chopstyx : (13 May 2013 - 11:58 AM) Another great finals game, thanks to all we met, great venue, go saints
@  Chopstyx : (11 May 2013 - 11:30 AM) Finals roadtrip with Mr. Ricochet, and Rodddney, looking forward to meeting the West Boyz, see yous guys later
@  Chopstyx : (08 May 2013 - 10:46 AM) Another great road trip playoff game,
@  JacksJacksJacks : (13 March 2013 - 08:29 AM) Jacks first home weekend in a month, buying a jersey from fattyrc, and currently getting paid to just sit here! hooray!