Sign in to follow this  
The One Timer

Pierre McGuire and Doc Emrick announcing Olympic Water Polo

The One Timer

No article, nothing really too interesting, just something I felt like pointing out in the only place I know of where it might be appreciated.

Mr Ricochet

No article, nothing really too interesting, just something I felt like pointing out in the only place I know of where it might be appreciated.

They have, might or will do it?

The One Timer

They are. I had it on, and I thought I recognized Emrick's voice. They then had McGuire poolside. Makes sense, as the Olympics are on the NBC Sports Network, and it's not like there's much hockey to call right now.

JR1

McGuire poolside????

Which swimmers coach was he annoying??? lol

Mr Ricochet

They are. I had it on, and I thought I recognized Emrick's voice. They then had McGuire poolside. Makes sense, as the Olympics are on the NBC Sports Network, and it's not like there's much hockey to call right now.

I liked tthe damn sport in HS, as it was a bitch to play physically and I was in shape............ The sport is that simple that two hockey guys can go in and call the game at its highest level?

My first thought is NBC is disrespecting the sport by not providing pros to call the action.

The One Timer

McGuire wasn't doing much talking. Emrick seems to carry the broadcasts, and has what appears to be a good understanding of the sport. It's quite similar to hockey, so the learning curve wouldn't be all too terrible.

It's a great sport, though, as you said, utterly exhausting.