USHL Standings

41 replies to this topic

#21 The One Timer

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

If it comes down to a tiebreaker in the East, the Steel should win out, as the tiebreaker is regulation wins. Depending on which squad of the USNTDP Green Bay plays on the 29th, Green Bay faces five or 6 teams with records over .500, Chicago 8 (I believe one of the USA squads is below .500, yes?). However, Green Bay has three games against Indiana, whereas the Steel's best opponent is a Friday/Saturday set in Sioux Falls. Chicago has seven remaining home games, Green Bay five, and they're a sub-.500 team on the road at 9-13-4.

#22 Jimmythegreek

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

u17 @ Chicago 3/28

u17 @ GBay 3/29

u18 @ Chicago 3/22

u18 record  13 - 4 - 1

u17 record 9 - 16 -2  according to website

#23 Steeltown

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

If it comes down to a tiebreaker in the East, the Steel should win out, as the tiebreaker is regulation wins. Depending on which squad of the USNTDP Green Bay plays on the 29th, Green Bay faces five or 6 teams with records over .500, Chicago 8 (I believe one of the USA squads is below .500, yes?). However, Green Bay has three games against Indiana, whereas the Steel's best opponent is a Friday/Saturday set in Sioux Falls. Chicago has seven remaining home games, Green Bay five, and they're a sub-.500 team on the road at 9-13-4.

Dubuque and Cedar Rapids are falling back and within striking range of both teams. USA has 5 games in hand on Chicago and Green Bay and 3 on CR and 4 on Dubuque.  Its going to go to the last weekend of the season IMO on the 3 spots.

#24 Ryan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 4,332 posts
  • Interests:Musketeers, Avalanche, and USHL hockey.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

The 4 Western playoff teams have been decided. No team in the East has officially clinched a spot yet.

#25 DMBucshighlights

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Interests:hockey!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

Just curious if anyone knows of any other instances (in any league) where an entire division/conference's playoff teams are set before even 1 team from the other division/conference has clinched their playoff spot? It has to be SUPER rare.

I make highlights for the Des Moines Buccaneers. Check me out: http://www.youtube.c...ts?feature=mhee

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DMBucshighlight

Facebook: DMBucshighlights

#26 Honest Shane

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Pointstreak already has Indiana as clinching a playoff spot.  I think they are a little premature on their status aren't they?

2013 FYC Fantasy Hockey Champion

2014 FYC Fantasy Hockey Champion

#27 Ryan

Cup Winning Goalie

• Global Mod
  • 4,332 posts
  • Interests:Musketeers, Avalanche, and USHL hockey.

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

Pointstreak already has Indiana as clinching a playoff spot.  I think they are a little premature on their status aren't they?

Apparently they are mathematically unable to not make it because Chicago (max 76 points) and USA (max 77 points) have to play each other twice still. My feeling is they haven't "officially" clinched until the points show that there are at least 4 teams that can't catch them.

#28 Honest Shane

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

Apparently they are mathematically unable to not make it because Chicago (max 76 points) and USA (max 77 points) have to play each other twice still. My feeling is they haven't "officially" clinched until the points show that there are at least 4 teams that can't catch them.

I guess so.  I think that is more thinking than what Pointstreak usually does before putting the X in front of a team.  If I had to guess, they didn't add up Team USA's points because they are so far down the list.

2013 FYC Fantasy Hockey Champion

2014 FYC Fantasy Hockey Champion

#29 BigBadBruins7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

First time poster and first year really following the USHL. If USA does make the playoffs which team plays? Does the U18 play until the U18 tournament and then the U17 takes over?

#30 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

First time poster and first year really following the USHL. If USA does make the playoffs which team plays? Does the U18 play until the U18 tournament and then the U17 takes over?

Welcome to FYC, BBB7!  Glad to have you here.

To answer your question, only the U17's will represent the NTDP if they make the USHL playoffs.

#31 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Good to see you join over here!  Like I told you on HfBoards this is the best USHL forum on the net!

#32 BigBadBruins7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for the info. Looks like a great race down the stretch. And Herbst I've been checking this site out for a few days now and definitely the best USHL forum I have seen.

#33 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

Welcome, BBB7!! :beers: .......Is the reference to the Bruins in your screen name the Boston Bruins?  

As far as who represents the NTDP should they make the playoffs it's the U-17's as yeti mentioned.   Think it's cuz the U-18's have some international games left during the USHL playoffs.   Besides, it's probably best that way cuz those kids would probably win the Cup. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#34 BigBadBruins7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Thank you for the info Ricochet. The Bruins in my name is a reference to the greatest hockey team in the world, the Boston Bruins. My lack of creativity led to the same username on HFboards. Love the site so far and looking forward to an awesome playoff race

#35 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

The Bruins in my name is a reference to the greatest hockey team in the world, the Boston Bruins.

Well I go a bit back, as I was a fan of the Broad Street Bullies back in the day.  Gerry Cheevers vs my guy Bernie Parent.   ..Love these new Bruins and root for them when they ain't playin the Stanley Cup Champs, the Blackhawks!!!  :smokingjoe: I've never known an era where the Bruins weren't built to knock you down.   What's not to like?..........You wouldn't see me shed a tear if the Blues and Bruins met for all the marbles. 

Although they played like mongrols vs the Canadians the other night.  Can't beat Budaj, yeeeeeeeeesh.....  Even though I have Rask in fantasy I enjoyed the hell out of that game.

Big game Thursday night at the Gaaaaaaden.   Don't get nervous though Bolland ain't with the Hawks anymore and Bickell is on the shelf healing up for the real season, the playoffs!! :d5:

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#36 The One Timer

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

As we enter the final week of the USHL season, the final playoff spot in the East still hasn't been decided, with four teams still vying for that final spot and a first-round matchup with Indiana. Muskegon and Green Bay both have full control of their destiny, while USNTDP and Chicago will need help. A breakdown of what each team needs to do to keep playing after this week, in what I feel is easiest to hardest:

Muskegon: Win out. Musky by and far has the best schedule the rest of the way, playing two direct competitors for their playoff spot, visiting Chicago on Friday, and finishing out the season Saturday at home against Green Bay. Musky currently has the most points, but they could also find themselves finishing out.

Green Bay: Win out. Despite the daunting task of traveling to Indiana on Friday and Muskegon on Saturday, a pair of wins gets the Gamblers into the playoffs. If Green Bay loses in OT/SHO to Indiana and beats Muskegon, they also get in, as they've already clinched the season series with the Jacks at 4-1.

Chicago: Win out, GB beats MSK, IND beats GB.

USNTDP: Win out, GB beats MSK, IND beats GB, CHI beats MSK but loses to either YGT or IND in regulation (or both in OT/SHO)

#37 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 35,546 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:24 AM

Steel win Wednesday and they are tied in points with GB (Steel own tiebreaker with GB as of a win over Ytown) and one point behind Muskegon.   If the Steel win out from there (they play Muskegon Friday and Indy Saturday) they win the final playoff spot. ....

So the Steel doesn't need help.   If they win out they make the playoffs, no?

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#38 Goalie proud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

That is how I figured it as well.

#39 Goodyear9919

Points Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

As far as 2nd and 3rd place in East.

CR wins both games (against Loo) they lock 2nd.

Dub loses twice, CR locks 2nd.

If Dub wins all 3 and CR loses once, Dub would over take 2nd. 

Dub wins 2 of final 3 and CR loses both, Dub over takes 2nd.

All Saints can do is keep winning and hope for a CR loss.  Tough road game in Indy Wed night, 3rd straight game against USHL's top team. 

#40 The One Timer

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Steel win Wednesday and they are tied in points with GB (Steel own tiebreaker with GB as of a win over Ytown) and one point behind Muskegon.   If the Steel win out from there (they play Muskegon Friday and Indy Saturday) they win the final playoff spot. ....

So the Steel doesn't need help.   If they win out they make the playoffs, no?

I believe this is correct. I probably got the point totals off somewhere trying to juggle all four scenarios in my head.

Season series totals: 4-4 Chi vs. GB, 4-1 GB over MSK, 3-1 CHI over MSK, 2-2 USA vs. GB, 5-3 MSK over USA, 3-2 USA over CHI

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users