• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GAMEON

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

How and when do they start, how to get an invite??

#2 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,015 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

Unless you have an agent I doubt you will get an invite. But all teams have tryouts, usually very late summer, and anyone is welcome. Might cost you a couple hundred bucks to tryout though.

Watch the websites of the teams and leagues around your area for dates of open tryouts.
Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#3 skorka32

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:37 AM

Unless you have an agent I doubt you will get an invite. But all teams have tryouts, usually very late summer, and anyone is welcome. Might cost you a couple hundred bucks to tryout though.

Watch the websites of the teams and leagues around your area for dates of open tryouts.

What he said. I would add though that not all teams do it, you have to really be dilligent in your searching once you get above the SPHL. For instance, Muskegon had an open invite to free agents in 2007, but did not last year.

Stick with the AAHA, EPHL, SPHL and you'll find more. Some ECHL teams do hold open camps but the only two I heard of last year were Cincinati and Wheeling. The Elmira Jackals routinely hold a free agent camp for their club and invite the staff from other leagues to come and scout out the games.

If you're lucky like I was, a team will hold an open camp, not get enough responses and cancel the camp and just invite you to their actual training camp instead. It's a good way to get your name in the history of the IHL!
I'm a complete player, my fights and goals are both equally as ugly.

#4 Y2K

Cup Winning Goalie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Have any teams in the IHL/UHL done anything like this before?
Posted Image

#5 skorka32

3nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:27 PM

Have any teams in the IHL/UHL done anything like this before?

The Elmira Jackals since I think 2006, the Fury in 2007 are two that I know of.
I'm a complete player, my fights and goals are both equally as ugly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users