dwhitehead

Smartwatch Watch Faces

Which style do you like better?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. So I am looking at making smartwatch watch faces for each team in the USHL. I have it narrowed down to two styles.

• Style 1 (dark jersey)
    • Style 2 (top is light jersey, bottom is dark jersey)

dwhitehead

I am working on smartwatch watch faces for each team in the USHL, and wanted some feedback from the forum. Examples using my favorite team (CI Flying Aces), but will generate one for each USHL team.

The examples below are everything EXCEPT the watch hands, still working on those. The box in the middle right will be for the date. Please reference these and then vote in the poll.

Style 1 uses the team's dark jerseys (with a dark grey for the black to still show the texture)

background3.png.73957de4522877ad68410ad4e0c41178.png

Style 2 uses the team's light jersey on the top half and their dark jersey on the bottom half.

background2.png.1ac4422df81ec192ca7abfeabf29d14a.png

dwhitehead
3 hours ago, eaglesfan said:

I might wait on CI supposedly going to NAHL NEXT YEAR per source

Credible?

CI head of ops stated this is not true.

Edited by dwhitehead
Heard from the team

BackCheck

Sign me up, it'll look nice with the Phantoms theme custom boot animation I making for my TicWatch E. Is this official (licensed) or just a fan project?

dwhitehead
3 minutes ago, BackCheck said:

Sign me up, it'll look nice with the Phantoms theme custom boot animation I making for my TicWatch E. Is this official (licensed) or just a fan project?

Right now, just fan-made (Watchmaker app). Wanted to make them all and pitch them to the USHL before I post them.

Maiden

IMO if they wont let fans make highlight videos I would be ready to receive a cease and desist notification.

Mr Ricochet

Wow, very nice work here.   Very nice............ Tough to choose from lights and darks as IMO that is team specific.  But I will vote for the sample you've given which is for the Aces.  

dwhitehead
55 minutes ago, Maiden said:

IMO if they wont let fans make highlight videos I would be ready to receive a cease and desist notification.

You are probably correct, but once they are out there it would be hard to make them completely go away. My Plan B is to remove the USHL logo and approach each team individually.

BackCheck

If it helps cover the cost of licensing, I'd pay a few bucks for it in the Play store. Also, any chance of a digital clock face version?

dwhitehead
9 hours ago, BackCheck said:

If it helps cover the cost of licensing, I'd pay a few bucks for it in the Play store. Also, any chance of a digital clock face version?

I hadn't thought of a digital face, BackCheck, but I could play with a couple of ideas.

BackCheck
4 hours ago, dwhitehead said:

I hadn't thought of a digital face, BackCheck, but I could play with a couple of ideas.

I'm just not a big fan of analog style displays on smart watches, but to each their own. I only very recently started looking at watch development so I can't really give much in the way of advice. 

dwhitehead
4 hours ago, BackCheck said:

I'm just not a big fan of analog style displays on smart watches, but to each their own. I only very recently started looking at watch development so I can't really give much in the way of advice. 

How is that for a digital? What other information would you want on it?

20180213_154800.thumb.png.2ac5db0df7e25f052b3382f4cf0e5d19.png

Edited by dwhitehead
Updated image

BackCheck
5 hours ago, dwhitehead said:

How is that for a digital? What other information would you want on it?

20180213_154800.thumb.png.2ac5db0df7e25f052b3382f4cf0e5d19.png

That is insanely cooler than I had envisioned. I like the shadowing, gives it that LCD look. I typically have weather, steps and one other complication on my daily driver face but that would be too much here. It would be cool if watches with heart rate would display that, I always say the goalies wandering behind the crease are going to give me a hear attack. It would be cool to see which refs get me the most worked up. Does LeagueStat have an API? Could you scrape stats and schedule?

dwhitehead
19 minutes ago, BackCheck said:

That is insanely cooler than I had envisioned. I like the shadowing, gives it that LCD look. I typically have weather, steps and one other complication on my daily driver face but that would be too much here. It would be cool if watches with heart rate would display that, I always say the goalies wandering behind the crease are going to give me a hear attack. It would be cool to see which refs get me the most worked up. Does LeagueStat have an API? Could you scrape stats and schedule?

I should be able to add heart rate, and it would be a good thing to track for us fans ;)

the USHL has their stats pretty locked down. The stats and schedules would be more of an app not just a watchface. That would have to be done for each smartwatch platform, and I am not that good... yet. Plus, it looks like SportsEngine has the web services locked down pretty well.