Mr Ricochet

USHL GDT (Saturday 2/10)

casemagnum
1 hour ago, Maiden said:

Have been told Stucker requested trade outta Chicago and that's the precipitous for the deal with Fargo.

Also, lots of talk things have gone down hill in the room since the firing of Coach Mark Abalan.

Chicago just 6-9 since the coaching change. 

Really figured this was going to happen. Abalon is a guy who the players want to play for and they respect him. Not run over the coach and the inmates run the asylum kind of guy. He will land on his feet in a great place.

Mr Ricochet

In the 1st period of OM @ SF, doesn't look to me like the puck ever crossed the goal line on the Stampede's first goal.  Did I miss something?

CottonEyeJoe42
17 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

In the 1st period of OM @ SF, doesn't look to me like the puck ever crossed the goal line on the Stampede's first goal.  Did I miss something?

The explanation given here, was the puck went in, Driscoll kicked it out, then the net came off.

The only showed one crappy replay of it here, I’d need to rewatch it from all angles 

Mr Ricochet
10 hours ago, CottonEyeJoe42 said:

The explanation given here, was the puck went in, Driscoll kicked it out, then the net came off.

The only showed one crappy replay of it here, I’d need to rewatch it from all angles 

Oh are you guys spoiled!!  I don't get any replays from my hometown team.......   I watched it 6-7 times, just looked like he had a pad on it lying on his stomach and it never crossed. 

Great game though. 

CottonEyeJoe42

Lol Rico - the audience watching at home the games in SF are the spoiled ones. We don’t get many replays during the game, and it’s always a treat to listen to jimmy o call a game 

Mr Ricochet
On 2/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, Maiden said:

Have been told Stucker requested trade outta Chicago and that's the precipitous for the deal with Fargo.

Also, lots of talk things have gone down hill in the room since the firing of Coach Mark Abalan.

Chicago just 6-9 since the coaching change. 

As I always mention I have no ins to what matters with the Steel and won't question your sources but if indeed Stucker wanted out hats off to GM Bennett for getting a helluva return for a guy he had no leverage with.  Once I saw Eades used a 2nd rd Phase II to get the deal done on top of Hurley and Kessel my thoughts were, indeed Stucker holds a lot of value with those who matter. 

Cruthers is in and putting his stamp on things as all lines have been changed.  I give him credit for seeing the value of Mastrosimone and Abruzzuse and even Seyfert and looking to spread scoring.  But it's also fair to question splitting up one of top lines in the league in McLaughlin-Shore-Dugan.  Fair to question moving Dugan to center after he racked up a league leading points total at wing.  IMO Dugan is no center at this level.  Kid is a scorer not a creator although he has good vision and is a solid passer. 

Right now IMO the team is suffering a lack of structure as they are transitioning to trying to out score their weaknesses. 

Mr Ricochet
8 minutes ago, CottonEyeJoe42 said:

Lol Rico - the audience watching at home the games in SF are the spoiled ones. We don’t get many replays during the game, and it’s always a treat to listen to jimmy o call a game 

Oh, I can't digest a whole USHL game and all it's intricacies at the game.  Gotta come home and watch the game again to get it all......... These guys are fast man, coaches locking horns with matchups, goalies are freaks.  A lot to digest............ But a broadcast/production/multiple cameras and angles like SF's, TC's, Muskegon's, Dubuque's and Fargo's make it much easier to follow the detail that's for sure.  And they all have 1st rate PBP guys too.

Mr Ricochet
On 2/11/2018 at 1:07 PM, casemagnum said:

Really figured this was going to happen. Abalon is a guy who the players want to play for and they respect him. Not run over the coach and the inmates run the asylum kind of guy. He will land on his feet in a great place.

Case, my inbox had a few messages telling me Abalon is the real deal and I'd like him when he was hired.  I have no doubt he's solid and will land on his feet.  Not knowing exactly the reason for his firing he may have done the right thing by not bending assuming he was following the systems/ideology/philosophy agreed upon when he was hired.

Agree, Abalon will be just fine and in fact would love to see him resurface in the lil ole USHL. 

Mr Ricochet
1 hour ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Oh, I can't digest a whole USHL game and all it's intricacies at the game.  Gotta come home and watch the game again to get it all......... These guys are fast man, coaches locking horns with matchups, goalies are freaks.  A lot to digest............ But a broadcast/production/multiple cameras and angles like SF's, TC's, Muskegon's, Dubuque's and Fargo's make it much easier to follow the detail that's for sure.  And they all have 1st rate PBP guys too.

Gotta mention Omaha's broadcast and production to the list too.  As good as any...........