Mr Ricochet

USHL GDT (Saturday 1/13)

DM47

Hebert skates it in, goes around the net for a wraparound,  stopped Bison gets the rebound and puts it in. 4-0 Fargo. 

DM47

Pokorny and Quercia drop the gloves. 5:03 remaining should avoid suspension by 3 seconds. Pokorny got Quercia in a headlock and put on a couple extra shots, refs broke them up.

DM47
Just now, DM47 said:

Pokorny and Quercia drop the gloves. 5:03 remaining should avoid suspension by 3 seconds. Pokorny got Quercia in a headlock and put on a couple extra shots, refs broke them up.

Pokorny's second fight with Fargo against Sioux Falls. 

DM47
7 minutes ago, DM47 said:

Tri City and Des Moines to overtime. 

Rifai skates it in fires on net big rebound right to Ellingson on the right wing who fires it home. Des Moines wins 2-1 in OT.

ushljackfan

Neither game this weekend between the Jacks and Gamblers was even in question really (except for the first period).  Muskegon took control early, and pretty much relaxed and played defense both nights.  Jacks are really coming together quite nicely.  I am impressed with the passing and the unit connection they have.  I am also very surprised the way we won this weekend without Bongiovanni, and Kondelik.  

Saints Fan 22

I've never seen a team dominte every aspect of a game like the saints did tonight.... and know that they didn't have a chance.  53 shots on goal.... several power play chances,  and nothing.  They desperately need Guttman back to get the PP back on track

CottonEyeJoe42

I’d say the herd came out on the winning end of both fights, and I think Stauber played a good game despite allowing 4. However, Fargo outhustled and outworked the Herd tonight, and got a couple good bounces - this was the first game of the year where I’ve said the stampede got beat rather than lost - by that I mean Fargo played a far better game - refs didn’t have a significant impact (embellishment was a bad call but not game changing), and I don’t think it mattered who the herd started or who got more minutes, this was fargos game. Monkey off the teams back, but not off Mann’s back - that could come into play down the road.

redwing77

Tonight in the Omaha vs. Lincoln tilt, Lincoln came out much differently:

They were only able to dress 4 defensemen (more on that in a bit).  They started Shaedig in net.  They outskated Omaha more most of the night.

Omaha played SLOPPY SLOPPY SLOPPY.  They turned the puck over all night long, with 2 of Lincoln's 3 goals coming directly from or shortly after a turnover.  Vinnie Purpura has not fared well in 1 goal games with less than 2 minutes left in regulation as of late either.

Omaha squandered at least 1 2 on 1 and 2 breakaways... and by squandered, I don't mean the goalie made a great save.  I mean, crossbar in one and straight up missed the other.

As for Lincoln, they won all the puck battles along the boards, seemed to never lose a faceoff, and absolutely DOMINATED OT.  Austin Long, for the second time in 2 nights, however, got a 10 minute misconduct.

Oh, on that note, there was almost NOTHING to report with illegal plays outside of the norm in hockey.  Omaha converted on a 5 on 3 PP and a shorthanded goal as well.  I can't be certain but I believe all Omaha's goals came on special teams.  There was no shenanigans, which was interesting in its own right.

Omaha won in a shootout.

As for the shorthanded nature, here was the breakdown, all from Friday.  Lincoln's Cotter got 1 game suspension for instigating a fight with Noah Cates (Cates never dropped the gloves.  He just turtled and only received a 2 minutes for roughing).  Lincoln's Christian Krygier got three misconducts: 1 for fighting, 1 for fighting with less than 5 minutes left in a game, and 1 for charging Jesper Peltonen.  Krygier was rewarded for such idiocy with a 5 game suspension.  Jack Randl came to the defense of Peltonen and fought Krygier with less than 5 minutes left in the game.  He got a 4 game suspension.  Jesper Peltonen "fought" Krygier and received 2 game suspension.  I say "Fought" because he dropped the gloves, Krygier punched him once, and Peltonen bled and staggered off the ice.  1 punch and done.  I suspect (though I have no information) that Peltonen's suspension is meaningless as he is going to miss more than 2 games due to concussion anyways.  He could barely stand up, let alone skate off the ice. 

On a more humorous note:  For the past two nights I was subjected to absolutely horrible PA work.  In the Icebox, their PA announcer, who is usually top notch, continuously messed up, either not knowing what happened or bungled terms badly such as Game Misconduct was Conduct MsGame at one point.  Tonight, The Lancer's PA announcer was their backup announcer, so he didn't know anything, including calling out a Lincoln forward in the penalty box was in fact, a Lancer defenseman.(Jacob Slavin went to the box and he announced it as Travis MItchell.  The only similarity is their number) as well as a complete inability to read the jumbotron or any other form of printed media.  The Lancers are 17-8 this year, before the tie, and apparently the losses are points to this schlub.  I'd rather not know it at all and have the correct information displayed on a jumbotron than have it announced incorrectly.  I get that things get a bit fast up there in the booth, but you should have the rosters in front of you and simply watch the refs.  If need be, take an extra 20-30 seconds to gather your thoughts so you can deliver it properly.  Ralston Arena also failed several times at playing music during breaks.  I wasn't bothered so much with this, but the kids two rows down were upset... not as many opportunities to try to get themselves on the jumbotron (which was far more important to them than actually watching the game).

Mr Ricochet

Busy weekend for me and your accounts of what you see is helpful as I catch up.   Helluva weekend the Stars vs Lancers gave the fans.  As you mention 77 this team can skate.  Understand playing gritty and tough but they have the skill and skating to to carry play and allow the grit to accentuate that not the other way around. 

Big win for Bishel shutting out SF on the road ending, at least for now, the Stampede's mastery of the Force. 

HockeyFan16
20 hours ago, redwing77 said:

Tonight in the Omaha vs. Lincoln tilt, Lincoln came out much differently:

They were only able to dress 4 defensemen (more on that in a bit).  They started Shaedig in net.  They outskated Omaha more most of the night.

Omaha played SLOPPY SLOPPY SLOPPY.  They turned the puck over all night long, with 2 of Lincoln's 3 goals coming directly from or shortly after a turnover.  Vinnie Purpura has not fared well in 1 goal games with less than 2 minutes left in regulation as of late either.

Omaha squandered at least 1 2 on 1 and 2 breakaways... and by squandered, I don't mean the goalie made a great save.  I mean, crossbar in one and straight up missed the other.

As for Lincoln, they won all the puck battles along the boards, seemed to never lose a faceoff, and absolutely DOMINATED OT.  Austin Long, for the second time in 2 nights, however, got a 10 minute misconduct.

Oh, on that note, there was almost NOTHING to report with illegal plays outside of the norm in hockey.  Omaha converted on a 5 on 3 PP and a shorthanded goal as well.  I can't be certain but I believe all Omaha's goals came on special teams.  There was no shenanigans, which was interesting in its own right.

Omaha won in a shootout.

As for the shorthanded nature, here was the breakdown, all from Friday.  Lincoln's Cotter got 1 game suspension for instigating a fight with Noah Cates (Cates never dropped the gloves.  He just turtled and only received a 2 minutes for roughing).  Lincoln's Christian Krygier got three misconducts: 1 for fighting, 1 for fighting with less than 5 minutes left in a game, and 1 for charging Jesper Peltonen.  Krygier was rewarded for such idiocy with a 5 game suspension.  Jack Randl came to the defense of Peltonen and fought Krygier with less than 5 minutes left in the game.  He got a 4 game suspension.  Jesper Peltonen "fought" Krygier and received 2 game suspension.  I say "Fought" because he dropped the gloves, Krygier punched him once, and Peltonen bled and staggered off the ice.  1 punch and done.  I suspect (though I have no information) that Peltonen's suspension is meaningless as he is going to miss more than 2 games due to concussion anyways.  He could barely stand up, let alone skate off the ice. 

On a more humorous note:  For the past two nights I was subjected to absolutely horrible PA work.  In the Icebox, their PA announcer, who is usually top notch, continuously messed up, either not knowing what happened or bungled terms badly such as Game Misconduct was Conduct MsGame at one point.  Tonight, The Lancer's PA announcer was their backup announcer, so he didn't know anything, including calling out a Lincoln forward in the penalty box was in fact, a Lancer defenseman.(Jacob Slavin went to the box and he announced it as Travis MItchell.  The only similarity is their number) as well as a complete inability to read the jumbotron or any other form of printed media.  The Lancers are 17-8 this year, before the tie, and apparently the losses are points to this schlub.  I'd rather not know it at all and have the correct information displayed on a jumbotron than have it announced incorrectly.  I get that things get a bit fast up there in the booth, but you should have the rosters in front of you and simply watch the refs.  If need be, take an extra 20-30 seconds to gather your thoughts so you can deliver it properly.  Ralston Arena also failed several times at playing music during breaks.  I wasn't bothered so much with this, but the kids two rows down were upset... not as many opportunities to try to get themselves on the jumbotron (which was far more important to them than actually watching the game).

On another humerous note...Josiah Slavin plays for the Stars.  Jacob plays in the NHL.  Name botching seems to be an easy mistake to make.  :) 

redwing77
5 hours ago, HockeyFan16 said:

On another humerous note...Josiah Slavin plays for the Stars.  Jacob plays in the NHL.  Name botching seems to be an easy mistake to make.  :) 

Difference being that I was going from memory and the PA guy has rosters written in front of him.  :)