Mr Ricochet

USHL GDT (Friday 1 /12)

Mr Ricochet
8 hours ago, OmahaHockeyFan said:

Omaha and Lincoln should have some suspensions tomorrow night.  Tonight's game featured an instigator, a major, and fights under the 15 minute mark of the third.

I'm always amazed at this rivalry.  Neither team has won anything in ten years.  Attendance has gone down.  Lancers have a completely different roster from last season and are also significantly different from October.  Coaches, ownership, and front offices have changed.  And tonight was their first meeting since a pair of meaningless preseason games.  Yet as soon as the puck drops, these teams are out to destroy the other.  Losing is a real downer but boy is this series good for the league and both teams.

But the fan bases remain, probably the common denominator in this rivalry as it should be.  Nothing like a passionate fan base and when two of them collide it makes for decades of spirited hockey. 

Mr Ricochet
10 hours ago, herbst20 said:

I dont like to rip refs but Chicago wins on a BULLSHIT call.  Patera gets run over in OT and momentum takes them into the nets.  Refs consult the hometown goal judge.....what do you think he was going to say.  Ref was out of position.

Probably my 3rd time watching I thought the same thing, ref was out of position.  Then think this is a 1 man ref crew and if he was behind the net or at the side of it he would have been out of position for play up ice where the puck started.  So, I really don't know if he was out of position.  You'd like to think a ref would be near the net when a shot is taken or there is a play at the net. 

With one camera in the joint and watching the play 10 times I can't say with any certainty that the puck didn't slide 5 hole before Abru crashed into Patera. 

When my guy Abru entered the zone on the end to end rush the thought of an inside move or drop to an oncoming Vidgren down main street froze Denman just enough for Abru to lower the shoulder and beat both Walsh and Denman and drive the net.  Walsh and Denman got caught just enough on the hand off of Abru that he eeked thru.

Either way a tough way to lose for CR but they did get a point after being dominated in the 1st.  Like How Carlson got his group coached up for the 2nd, outshot em 13-7 in the period, and you could see all shots were at Robbins' ear.  Robbins had no response for the 4 shots that whistled past high and in.  ....... Like I mentioned a few times before Robbins looks good allowing 5-6-7 goals.  Kid moved and tracked nicely, made some big saves but allowed 5 in 2 periods. 

BA Photos
18 hours ago, OmahaHockeyFan said:

Suspensions are out,

Kryiger - 5 games

Klee - 4 games

Cotter - 1 game

Randl - 4 games

Peltonen - 2 games

hockeyboy
16 hours ago, OmahaHockeyFan said:

Omaha and Lincoln should have some suspensions tomorrow night.  Tonight's game featured an instigator, a major, and fights under the 15 minute mark of the third.

I'm always amazed at this rivalry.  Neither team has won anything in ten years.  Attendance has gone down.  Lancers have a completely different roster from last season and are also significantly different from October.  Coaches, ownership, and front offices have changed.  And tonight was their first meeting since a pair of meaningless preseason games.  Yet as soon as the puck drops, these teams are out to destroy the other.  Losing is a real downer but boy is this series good for the league and both teams.

It appears the league doesn’t think this is good for the league and I would agree. 5 games is sending a message.  

Mr Ricochet
4 hours ago, BA Photos said:

Suspensions are out,

Kryiger - 5 games

Klee - 4 games

Cotter - 1 game

Randl - 4 games

Peltonen - 2 games

I'm sorry, hit edit when I meant to hit quote........... Suspensions are reduced, I guess:  http://www.ushl.com/page/show/1434570-ushl-suspensions-and-transactions 

My first thought when I didn't see Austin Long's name as being suspended was is he out with the flu?  Not to worry, kid was serving a misconduct when they got jiggy wit it.  Makes perfect sense.   ....... So the Stars get spanked but beat up the other guy while FIVE of their players earn suspensions while they are 3 points out of a playoff spot, playing sub .500 hockey and now have accumulated 699 PIM with the next closest club being the Del Gaizo led Jacks with 577???? 

Playing hack hockey goes back 100 yrs but this Stars team has a ton of talent.  A ton.  Didn't they just send 9 guys to the WJAC? 

Mr Ricochet
1 hour ago, hockeyboy said:

It appears the league doesn’t think this is good for the league and I would agree. 5 games is sending a message.  

Nice run by the Musketeers!! :beers:  Nice to see............... I'm as far from a fight fan as there is, does nothing for me, but I'm a guy who believes fighting needs to stay in the game.  I truly believe you take it out and you'll see punks runnin and crippling people and at the speed the game is played it can be devastating.  My saying is better a broken nose than a halo in a hospital bed. 

That said, man you see these players without equipment?  Most are skinny children and need protected by the refs and then the league from the few man childs that skate.  I'm ok with 5-10-15 game suspensions for repeat offenders.  ....... At this level the very very very first priority of the clubs and league is to protect these kids. 

Mr Ricochet
23 hours ago, Saints Fan 22 said:

Few more Saints injuries and I'll be on the 3rd line.  

Lotta roster moves around the league, having trouble keeping up.  W ho's injured for the Saints besides Guttman?............ Also, you have a thought on new guy FIN Mattias Maccelli?  Shows 3 games played, no shots or points.   Saw his first game with the Saints, top 6 minutes, 2nd unit PP and you had to look for him.  Figured first game in the league and he was feeling it out.  ...... Any idea where he's slotting? 

redwing77
22 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

I'm sorry, hit edit when I meant to hit quote........... Suspensions are reduced, I guess:  http://www.ushl.com/page/show/1434570-ushl-suspensions-and-transactions 

My first thought when I didn't see Austin Long's name as being suspended was is he out with the flu?  Not to worry, kid was serving a misconduct when they got jiggy wit it.  Makes perfect sense.   ....... So the Stars get spanked but beat up the other guy while FIVE of their players earn suspensions while they are 3 points out of a playoff spot, playing sub .500 hockey and now have accumulated 699 PIM with the next closest club being the Del Gaizo led Jacks with 577???? 

Playing hack hockey goes back 100 yrs but this Stars team has a ton of talent.  A ton.  Didn't they just send 9 guys to the WJAC? 

According to the cited website, there's no reduction in suspension lengths.  They just "itemized" the suspensions.  I think Krygier's suspension was about right.  2 for the fighting bit and 3 for the illegal hit.  Peltonen didn't have the puck and there was no rationale for the elbow to the face. 

Austin Long got a misconduct for running off at the mouth to the officials.  Did the same thing on Saturday.  EDIT:  Just noticed the 1 game suspension.  I think getting 2 10 minute misconducts in 2 games both for the same thing probably got him the 1 game suspension.

Edited by redwing77