Mr Ricochet

USHL GDT (Friday 1 /12)

Mr Ricochet

Gonna have to walk away from this and finish tomorrow but wanna add the lines, which are scrambled as the new coach is putting his stamp on things.

McL-Mastro-Seyfert

Vidgren-Shore-Dugan

Gratton-Abruzzuse-Walker

Garbe-Stevens-Kodsi

DM47

Berdin down Van Whye gets a rebound off the boards but can't corral the puck in time Berdin gets over and covers the puck.

Mr Ricochet

1st period ends, 3-1 Steel.  SOG 14-9, CHI........... Nothing like the Riders we saw a couple weeks ago when they were the faster team, support all over the ice, causing turnovers with overload pressure on the puck in all 3 zones.  No legs so far but I expect some of what the Riders showed a couple weeks ago before this one is done............... Robbins looks very good in net.  As always moves and tracks nicely, is quick, in balance but he's making the saves to go along with that.  Kid seems to have settled nicely. 

DM47

Berdin has mis played the puck 3 times this period but Fargo has not been able to capitalize. St If any stopped the first and best chance Fargo has had this period as Berdin put it right on the stick of Fallstrom. 

DM47

Dawe off for high stick. Negated 33 seconds off as Loughran goes for interference. 

DM47

St Ivany tries a wraparound, Walker on the open doorstep to tap home the rebound on the opposite side of the net. 

DM47

3-1 Sioux Falls after 2. Fargo still up on shots 18 to 13 but were on their heels most of that period, looked very sluggish.

MadhouseOnHickman

Ouch, CR just scored 4 unanswered goals in the 2nd period....

DM47

5:24 to go Villella off for elbowing. 8th chance of the night for Fargo. Must convert.

DM47

Fargo pulls the goalie and draw anothe penalty with 44 seconds remaining. St Ivany off for holding. 

herbst20

Steel dominated the 3rd period and this one is headed to OT at 5

DM47

Sioux Falls is 6-0 against Fargo. Strauss Mann has 5 losses on the season. 4 against Sioux Falls. 

herbst20

I dont like to rip refs but Chicago wins on a BULLSHIT call.  Patera gets run over in OT and momentum takes them into the nets.  Refs consult the hometown goal judge.....what do you think he was going to say.  Ref was out of position.

MadhouseOnHickman
32 minutes ago, herbst20 said:

I dont like to rip refs but Chicago wins on a BULLSHIT call.  Patera gets run over in OT and momentum takes them into the nets.  Refs consult the hometown goal judge.....what do you think he was going to say.  Ref was out of position.

Just watched replay over and over in slow mo, should have been no goal. 

MadhouseOnHickman
1 minute ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

Just watched replay over and over in slow mo, should have been no goal. 

Puck did go on net before contact but rebound was forced in with contact. No goal

MadhouseOnHickman

I will assume Christian Krygier will be suspended, charged Omaha player and threw a high elbow and followed it with a KO fight.  

OmahaHockeyFan

Omaha and Lincoln should have some suspensions tomorrow night.  Tonight's game featured an instigator, a major, and fights under the 15 minute mark of the third.

I'm always amazed at this rivalry.  Neither team has won anything in ten years.  Attendance has gone down.  Lancers have a completely different roster from last season and are also significantly different from October.  Coaches, ownership, and front offices have changed.  And tonight was their first meeting since a pair of meaningless preseason games.  Yet as soon as the puck drops, these teams are out to destroy the other.  Losing is a real downer but boy is this series good for the league and both teams.

Edited by OmahaHockeyFan

omalancers
25 minutes ago, OmahaHockeyFan said:

Omaha and Lincoln should have some suspensions tomorrow night.  Tonight's game featured an instigator, a major, and fights under the 15 minute mark of the third.

I'm always amazed at this rivalry.  Neither team has won anything in ten years.  Attendance has gone down.  Lancers have a completely different roster from last season and are also significantly different from October.  Coaches, ownership, and front offices have changed.  And tonight was their first meeting since a pair of meaningless preseason games.  Yet as soon as the puck drops, these teams are out to destroy the other.  Losing is a real downer but boy is this series good for the league and both teams.

Probably and injury to Jesper Peltonen for the KO punch. He looked in really rough shape. 

redwing77
3 hours ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

I will assume Christian Krygier will be suspended, charged Omaha player and threw a high elbow and followed it with a KO fight.  

Though the hit happened right in front of me, I cannot for the life of me remember who got elbowed?

Mr Ricochet

Interesting, but nice move IMO, Carlson goes with 2 Dmen (Looft-Blackburn) and Slaggert to start OT to counter McLaughlin and Dugan with Lillibridge at D.