Musky  @  Dubuque

Chicago  @  Fargo

C Illinois  @  Green Bay

Waterloo  @  Omaha

Madison  @  Lincoln

Sioux City  @  Tri-City

Mr Ricochet

Storm Site/Kendall Grayson   Siouix City @ Storm Preview

Goalie Jake Barczewski is expected to start his 6th consecutive game in net tonight for the Storm. Barczewski has a 3-3-0-1 record this season and a 2.38 Goals Against Average.

DM47

Note Farmer is playing top line wing tonight. Loughran still hurt, SS not back from the WJC yet. Pokorny suspended. 

herbst20

Cedar Rapids gets Boston College recruit TJ Walsh back tonight.   He had been sidelined all season due to off season shoulder surgery.  Also back in the line up for Cedar Rapids is Jordan Timmons.  

Another observations is Sam Malinski is no longer showing on the line chart.  I have not seen anything from the team or league yet, but I assume he was sent to the NAHL.

Mr Ricochet

Wow, Steel dress 11 forwards and two of them are brought up from the affiliate list, Fillion and Pollock.  Dman Stucker out too, Steel only dress  19.  Hopefully PBP man Sanderson has some info once the feed starts. 

Mr Ricochet

That's who that huge #32 is, Bison.  Steel better answer this kid or pick out one of his teammates. 

Mr Ricochet
2 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

That's who that huge #32 is, Bison.  Steel better answer this kid or pick out one of his teammates. 

Atta boy Gurney, tuck the elbow though. 

Mr Ricochet

Wheeeeeeeeeeew, McLaughlin with the shorty.  Dancin 3-4-5 Force, rips it high slot, maybe 5 hole.  Poor in zone coverage by FAR.  1-0, CHI 10:45.

DM47
9 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

That was a bad hit in the corner by Bison, ref was right there too.

I am liking the pace of this game, not a good goal allowed by Mann.

DM47

Eases has Farmer rotating between D and forward. Nordqvist took a couple shifts at forward. 

Mr Ricochet

On the PP, Cardelli with a wrister from the circle, knocked down, Lilli corrales it, fails to clear with time and space at right wall, Cardelli with it, cross ice to Hebert, a move on the Dman, backhander, save, rebound lays there, Savage knocks it home, 1-1 10:45 on the PP.

Mr Ricochet
4 minutes ago, DM47 said:

That was a bad hit in the corner by Bison, ref was right there too.

I am liking the pace of this game, not a good goal allowed by Mann.

Not a dirty hit from what I saw, maybe a charge.  Just gotta answer those hits is all.  Indeed, good pace. 

Mr Ricochet

Lillibridge with a tough period, fails to clear on the kill, score, just got danced and Autio poke checks it.  Autio a bit choppy, anchored. 

Mr Ricochet

End 1st, 1-1.  SOG even at 7.  Good road period for the Steel with 2 affiliates dressed and only dressing 19........... Like the Force D on entries.  Stout, physical, tight gap for the most part. 

Mr Ricochet

I'm out for a spell, 47.  Might be getting the flu, gotta lay down. 

MadhouseOnHickman
1 hour ago, herbst20 said:

Cedar Rapids gets Boston College recruit TJ Walsh back tonight.   He had been sidelined all season due to off season shoulder surgery.  Also back in the line up for Cedar Rapids is Jordan Timmons.  

Another observations is Sam Malinski is no longer showing on the line chart.  I have not seen anything from the team or league yet, but I assume he was sent to the NAHL.

Cedar Rapids looks very strong tonight Herbst!

herbst20
1 hour ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

Cedar Rapids looks very strong tonight Herbst!

They looked pretty good.   I dont see the killer instinct yet though.   The depth scoring I am seeing from them is encouraging though.

MadhouseOnHickman
26 minutes ago, herbst20 said:

They looked pretty good.   I dont see the killer instinct yet though.   The depth scoring I am seeing from them is encouraging though.

:) depth scoring make me smile

DM47

I would say Fargo had the most solid 60 minute effort I have seen at home this year. They kept up the pace and effort all 3 periods and no one looked fatigued like most games. That's not say say they didn't have their lapses but never really let off the gas tonight.   Too bad everyone is in Frisco and there wasn't a better crowd to see this one.

DM47
3 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Not a dirty hit from what I saw, maybe a charge.  Just gotta answer those hits is all.  Indeed, good pace. 

They showed a replay of this one later in the game and didn't look near as bad from the other side.  From my seat it looked like the Chicago player went into the boards head first.  A number of good hits in this game.  They couldn't decide collision of the game so showed 5 different big hits.

DM47

Fargo posted a highlight video. Only shows Fargo highlights, not Chicago goals or anything. Music is horrible so might want to turn the sound down.

redwing77

Omaha beats Waterloo in OT 3-2.  Suchy had a hat trick.

Despite losing, Waterloo played like they were the better team on the ice tonight.  They had great possession skills, faceoffs favored them I believe, and Tomek looked solid. 

The three stars were Suchy (first), Noah Cates (Second), and Drury (Third).  I felt Purpura should've gotten a star.  He kept Waterloo out of the game for most of the contest.  Waterloo only had 27 shots on goal but that's mostly because Omaha blocked a fair share of them and they flat out missed the net on the rest.  Waterloo really appeared to dominate tonight.

The game tying goal came with 30 seconds left in the third with a Waterloo player in the box and an extra attacker on the ice.

Omaha seemed to have nothing on the Power Play and seemed to rely solely on Suchy for offense (luckily it worked).  Omaha's PK was VERY solid.