Mr Ricochet

Best actors from USHL Eastern Conference cities

Mr Ricochet

Pucks and Recreation   Link

Youngstown: Ed O’Neill
O’Neill briefly left home for Ohio University and Athens, only to come back to Youngstown State. His original plan was to pursue a career in football.

When a tryout with the Pittsburgh Steelers sputtered, O’Neill turned back to YSU and shifted his extracurricular energies to acting. But he has channeled his pigskin passion into a pair of hardware-caliber sitcom characters.

To date, O’Neill has accrued 15 individual nominations as Al Bundy on MarriedWith Children and Jay Pritchett on Modern Family. For the latter, he has been up for three Emmys and helped the ensemble to eight straight Screen Actors Guild ballots. In addition, his part in 2016’s Finding Dory yielded both individual and team consideration at the BTVAs.

redwing77

I'll take a stab at the West, but I'm not nearly that big on writing accumen:

Kearney, Nebraska (Tri City):  Nick Nolte  Honorable Mention:  Alexander Payne

Fargo, ND (Fargo):  Not a lot as far as actors are concerned (there are a lot of others though!) so I'd say Kristin Rudrud.  Honorable Mention:  Charlie Korsmo

Sioux Falls, SD (Sioux Falls):  January Jones.  Honorable Mention:  None.  Since I don't count TV hosts and personalities, the list got real thin here.

Sioux City, IA:  Jerry Mathers

Des Moines, IA:  LOTS but probably the most famous actor from Des Moines, IA would be Ronald Reagan, but not for his acting.  I'd say Cloris Leachman or maybe Bill Daily for acting.

Waterloo, IA:  None, sadly.

Dubuque, IA:  Don Ameche.  Honorable Mention:  Kate Mulgrew.  I'd like to point out Tony Danza went to college in Dubuque.

Omaha, NE:  Easy.  Marlon Brando... How about Fred Astaire? 

Lincoln, NE:  Hilary Swank.  Honorable Mention:  Sandy Dennis

I'm by no means an expert.  Please feel free to correct me.  I'm hardly perfect.  :)

Mr Ricochet

Wow, very very impressive!  A movie fan who goes to hockey games.  .....If I have to pick, as a novice, I like Nolte.  Bill Daily, that's Rog from I dream of Jeannie?

redwing77

Correct!

I'm really impressed by the variety of famous people from Des Moines, more than anything else.  Very impressive.

Mr Ricochet
3 minutes ago, redwing77 said:

Correct!

I'm really impressed by the variety of famous people from Des Moines, more than anything else.  Very impressive.

But you do know Reagen was born in Tampico, IL?  Does Des Moines claim him too, I know a few places do like Dixon, IL. 

redwing77

If I were the entire state of Iowa, every city over 100 people would claim Reagan :D 

I didn't read about birthplace with Reagan but Des Moines claimed him on the two or three websites I read.

Again, I'm not claiming 100% perfection so forgive me for not being surprised that I may be wrong.  :P

Mr Ricochet

Citeis/states claim birthplace and where people lived and or died as reasons to claim people and in a way all are right.  Born here, grow up there and spend the adult life somewhere else.  All reasons to claim someone, so you're not wrong. 

DM47

Isn't Ashton Kutcher from Cedar Rapids? I had heard that once anyway.

redwing77
46 minutes ago, DM47 said:

Isn't Ashton Kutcher from Cedar Rapids? I had heard that once anyway.

He's listed as being from Cedar Rapids. 

Here's the quote from the article:

Cedar Rapids: Michael Emerson
This was the toughest selection among featured communities on this list. Cedar Rapids was briefly the home of Priyanka Chopra, who has garnered gobs of acclaim in her native India. Decorated Lord of the Rings alumnus Elijah Wood is native to the city, as is Ashton Kutcher.

Edited by redwing77

DM47
13 minutes ago, redwing77 said:

He's listed as being from Cedar Rapids. 

Here's the quote from the article:

Would help if I had read through the article. ;).