Mr Ricochet

USHL GDT (Sunday 12/31)

casemagnum

SC outshot Omaha 6-3 in the first period, 31-2 in the 2nd, 10-7 in the 3rd, and 2-0 in OT for a total of 49-12. Yes I do think it was that lopsided also. SC just kept firing in the 2nd and had Omaha pinned back most of the game. There were a couple break aways for Omaha late in the 3rd but they just couldn't convert.

Mr Ricochet
21 minutes ago, casemagnum said:

SC outshot Omaha 6-3 in the first period, 31-2 in the 2nd, 10-7 in the 3rd, and 2-0 in OT for a total of 49-12. Yes I do think it was that lopsided also. SC just kept firing in the 2nd and had Omaha pinned back most of the game. There were a couple break aways for Omaha late in the 3rd but they just couldn't convert.

Wow!!   This group has come out of nowhere to win 5 in a row, climb into 6th place in the West, are only 1 game under .500 and are 6-4 their last 10.  .... They've taken advantage of home cooking to beat CI twice, OM and LIN and at SF during the streak.

Case, do you have a thought on the turnaround?  I mean this team looked dead.  Looking from the most recent games back it seems they have buckled down in their end.  Last 9 games they've given up 1,1,1,2,1,3,9,0,3.

Mr Ricochet
2 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Wow!!   This group has come out of nowhere to win 5 in a row, climb into 6th place in the West, are only 1 game under .500 and are 6-4 their last 10.  .... They've taken advantage of home cooking to beat CI twice, OM and LIN and at SF during the streak.

Case, do you have a thought on the turnaround?  I mean this team looked dead.  Looking from the most recent games back it seems they have buckled down in their end.  Last 9 games they've given up 1,1,1,2,1,3,9,0,3.

Giese has a piece after their 4th win in the streak.  SCJ  Link

Jurusik heads into Saturday night’s game ranked eighth in the USHL with a 2.54 goals-against average. During the winning streak, he has converted 124 of 129 save attempts for 96.1 percent.

Mr Ricochet

Jacks Site/Scott Bradford  Jacks down Chicago, tie franchise win streak record, go above .500

Steel Site  Jacks top Steel

Caps Site  Caps earn point in shootout loss at Central Illinois

Aces Site  Flying Aces top Madison in a shootout

Calen Kiefiuk scored the game-tying goal on the power play with 2:12 left in regulation and then registered the only shootout goal, as the Central Illinois Flying Aces topped the Madison Capitols, 3-2, in a shootout on Sunday evening at Grossinger Motors Arena.

Stampede Site/Jim Olander  Stampede stay perfect vs Fargo with shootout win

The Herd improved to 5-0-0 against Fargo this season and earned their first shootout win of the year. Matt Quercia tallied a goal and an assist in regulation while Jaxson Stauber stopped 21 of 23 shots for his fifth win of the season. The Stampede improved to 14-8-6 on the year and trail Fargo by just three points for first place in the West.

Sioux Falls outshot Fargo 38-23 on the night and finished 0-for-2 on the power play while the Force were 1-for-4.

Bucs Site/Ben Gislason  Bucs lose close one at Waterloo

The Buccaneers fell to Waterloo this evening 5-2,(two empty netters) but put forth one of their most valiant efforts to date. Moe was fabulous throughout tonight’s game, especially through the first half of the contest.

Hawks Site  Hawks Celebrate Big 2017 Finish

Des Moines was limited to six shots on goal in the third period but outshot Waterloo, 33-27 for the game.  Moe made 31 saves for the win.

Musketeers Site/Jake Debo  The Musketeers close out 2017 with another win, win streak hits 5

The 2nd period was perhaps the most dominant period for the Musketeers all year.  Sioux City put an incredible 31 shots on net in the second frame, but Omaha goaltender Zach Driscoll played an outstanding game and managed to stop all 31 shots he faced in the period. 

Sioux City will now head out on the road for three consecutive weeks before returning to the Tyson Events Center on January 26th to take on the Fargo Force. 

DM47
13 hours ago, utgotye said:

Third in three for Fargo and it showed after the first period.  SF gives up the most shots per game and they outshot Fargo by 15.  

I think the difference in conditioning has been noticeable all year without Phil Faught.  He always had the team in great shape which is why he was chosen for multiple international tournaments in his time with Fargo.

Mr Ricochet
19 minutes ago, DM47 said:

I think the difference in conditioning has been noticeable all year without Phil Faught.  He always had the team in great shape which is why he was chosen for multiple international tournaments in his time with Fargo.

Faught was the trainer? 

Mr Ricochet
4 hours ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

Des Moines really struggling right now....

Hick, I was at the Steel vs MUS game yesterday and after 10 or so yrs following this league again I left thinking just how damn good the hockey is.  I do this often when I leave a game but it keeps happening to where I'm almost surprised at how good the league is and I should know this by now.  You'd think that watching on HTV and going live it wouldn't occur to me most every time but it does, the hockey seems to get better by the week............. The league from ownership all the way down is so damn good it's incredibly tough to win games. 

DM47
29 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Faught was the trainer? 

Yep, he didn't return this year. I believe it was more of a side job for him as his family has a large farm near Casselton.  I think he could have moved on as a trainer awhile ago if he chose.

casemagnum
4 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Mr. R. SC has made some solid trades. Some fans were not happy but they were needed. SC is picking up guys who can play on both ends of the ice and gotten rid of players who were not playing up to their hype. One that I hated to lose in Solag Bakich has done well at Waterloo since being traded. 

SC has started clearing the puck immediately to the other done on the PK. They struggled before and we're trying to make a play coming out instead of just clearing it. I think they have been 15 of 15 on their last PK. They have scored some on the PP. 

The goaltending I still say was never the problem. Yes Jurusik has been doing great but it is a team sport. SC has picked up good draft picks in their trades recently which will help in the future. SC still has some players out on injury and if those players get back soon and/or the guys can keep holding up, it will get better. Biggest problem is the January jynx from many years past. They have 8 road games in a row coming up before back home the last weekend in January. They need to stand up in these next 3 weeks. Going to be a tough road!

SC still needs scoring. Sampo Ranta really struggles skating with the puck and his head up. Put someone on him tight and he loses the puck. Coach Strand still wants him to skate around with it and no idea why. Pass to your team and let them help you. Koepke has been playing extremely well the month of December and now leads the team in scoring. He has the big body, can hold his own against almost anyone , good stick skills, and has the experience to be patient when needed. SC has also been a lot better at having a guy or 2 in front of the net for rebounds. But SC still lacks that one guy who can score.

Lots of little things starting to come around to make this all happen and not just one person or thing.

MadhouseOnHickman
2 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Hick, I was at the Steel vs MUS game yesterday and after 10 or so yrs following this league again I left thinking just how damn good the hockey is.  I do this often when I leave a game but it keeps happening to where I'm almost surprised at how good the league is and I should know this by now.  You'd think that watching on HTV and going live it wouldn't occur to me most every time but it does, the hockey seems to get better by the week............. The league from ownership all the way down is so damn good it's incredibly tough to win games. 

Des Moines is struggling and the numbers do not lie. 

Edited by MadhouseOnHickman

Mr Ricochet
3 minutes ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

Des Moines is struggling and the number do not lie. Where are you going with this? 

It's a very tough league, period.  No, numbers don't lie both before and after the ownership change. 

MadhouseOnHickman
2 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

It's a very tough league, period.  No, numbers don't lie both before and after the ownership change. 

Same coaching staff before and after. Product on the ice needs a change soon before they are out of the playoff contention. 

blackhawk64

The Bucs out played Loo the first 2 Moe was the difference and why Loo won

MadhouseOnHickman
1 minute ago, blackhawk64 said:

The Bucs out played Loo the first 2 Moe was the difference and why Loo won

Penalty kill wasn't an issue at all... five power play goals allowed in the last 2 games I might add.... 

Edited by MadhouseOnHickman

blackhawk64

Yeah the Bucs PK was not good. But other then that they out played us did you watch the game 

MadhouseOnHickman
Just now, blackhawk64 said:

Yeah the Bucs PK was not good. But other then that they out played us did you watch the game 

I watch every game sir, I was impressed with our offensive fore check, however we give up goals. A lot of them 

MadhouseOnHickman
1 minute ago, blackhawk64 said:

Yes two of those goals were empty netters, but problems are all around. Need to find consistency throughout lineup. 

blackhawk64

So its your goaltending ? I think are defense should of brought Moe dinner last night 

MadhouseOnHickman
3 minutes ago, blackhawk64 said:

So its your goaltending ? I think are defense should of brought Moe dinner last night 

Goaltending has been inconsistent as well but our goalies are left out to dry way to much from our dmen stepping up to make a play in offensive zone. Like I said, just need to find our grove in all areas, team has a lot of talent on paper, fans are just waiting for them to get it going but like Rico said, tough to do with this league and the talent that is presented every night.