DEADpanBUC

Des Moines Goalies

DEADpanBUC

Now is it just me? Am I the only one that thinks that Snowden out plays Kucharski whenever he gets a chance to play? I have been thinking this to myself all season long. I just want some other opinions. Is it because we only get to see Snowden very little? Seems like on Saturday against Fargo Kucharski was just a super sieve. Snowden came in the last period and was a brick wall. Now again this is just my opinion but I think Kucharski is just kinda overrated. He is even on the central scouting list. Maybe I am just being too critical. But again this is just from my observations. I know we can't blame the losses just on the goalies because that defense sure hasn't been helping out. I suppose it might also have to do with 5 guys being hurt. But I really wish they would give Snowden some more net time. 

DM47

Watched both games on hockey tv this weekend, I agree Kucharski didn't play a great game Saturday but I would say Snowden only made 2 big stops in the 3rd, other then that he wasn't really tested too hard.  Now Friday'sgame I thought Kucharski robbed Fargo a number of times making huge stops. I would say Fargo had a lot more highquality chances Friday then Saturday and Kucharski kept Des Moines in the game on Friday. 

DEADpanBUC

Heck, like I said maybe I am just being too critical of him. Maybe it just shows more when they play a higher caliber team like Fargo. Thanks for your look at things. A few times on Saturday just seemed like he gave up on the puck to me. Big difference from having Ruzicka in net last year. Hopefully we can get some guys healthy and bounce back. Help the crease out a little.

Chipper Fan

Slightly off topic Deadpan, but any leads on who in the DM community would have a game-worn Ruzicka jersey? I really liked watching him when he came to Fargo the last two years. 

DEADpanBUC
12 minutes ago, Chipper Fan said:

Slightly off topic Deadpan, but any leads on who in the DM community would have a game-worn Ruzicka jersey? I really liked watching him when he came to Fargo the last two years. 

I know they did a couple of jersey auctions during his stint there. I see 1-2 of them in the stands every now and again in my section. I don't know them personally, but I know they are out there. Those two jerseys I see like to hang around section 7 if you are around there.

DM47
3 hours ago, DEADpanBUC said:

Heck, like I said maybe I am just being too critical of him. Maybe it just shows more when they play a higher caliber team like Fargo. Thanks for your look at things. A few times on Saturday just seemed like he gave up on the puck to me. Big difference from having Ruzicka in net last year. Hopefully we can get some guys healthy and bounce back. Help the crease out a little.

Saturday I would definitely agree he was not playing as well as he did on Friday.  That first goal, shot from a sharp angle, he definitely should have had.  I also have not seen a lot of Snowden, in 2 of the 5 games with Fargo he came in relief of Kucharski.

jimindm

There is a guy that sits in the top of section 9 that buys many of the goalie jerseys. Not sure but I think they are billets to them.

I think Kucharski is OK, but he does not seem to let it go. Once he gets rattled, he does not shake it. Was kind of surprised he started saturday, after his performance on friday. 

I think fargo has played DM enough to exploit them on their weaknesses. It seemed every time a defense guy pinched, if they got control they were looking for the guy breaking through the neutral zone. 

The bucs may have some injuries, but I would not say that is a lot of it. They seldom win face offs, and can not seem to come out of a scrum along the boards, controlling the puck. The other thing that is killing them is the back door pass. A lot of chances on PK and even several on even strength. 

Kucharski has not had a lot of help in front of him. You can not allow an opposing player to stand in front of him all night. Not only is he screened, making him sort of off balance, but they are there to bang in any rebound. I suppose that goes sort of hand in hand. Clear the guy out and have a better chance at seeing it all the way to kill the play.

The bucs simply did not play well enough to win either game this weekend. No doubt the goalie have a few they would like do overs on. They should have stopped them. 

One other thing is that it seems like the goalies like to move a lot. Like around the net. It seems like both are are a lot more mobile than the start of the year. Some times I wish they would just mind the front.  

BucsDM

Our defense seems to be having a lot of problems.  We have one in particular who goes to the net like a forward leaving the point open.  Guys are blowing past the one D-man left on the point with an unimpeded line on our goalies.

DEADpanBUC

After last night I would have to agree that the answer has never been more definitive who the top goalie on the team is. Shutting out the top team in the East is no easy feat. The Bucs looked to be on their A game last night. Best they have played all season. I am not sure what injury Kucharski has sustained but he was out of the lineup last night. Hopefully Snowden will get his time to shine in the coming games.

jimindm

Snowden did look really good. Have to agree though, the team was pretty good in front of him. I agree it was the best team I have seen on the ice all season.

I was thinking about half way through period three, where has this team been all year.

DEADpanBUC

Yeah, it was an excellent game. Too bad there weren't more people there to see it. Numbers were pretty low last night. The few of us there got a show and made the house rock.

jimindm

No Doubt.

Have to say I heard many talk last weekend about how it was nice to come to a game, and not be able to see your breath. It has been actually comfortable in the arena.

When we got there last night, I really thought wow, no line out the door for tickets, Maybe they had that solved. Maybe not, because there just was not that many there. 

Not long ago a beer special would have packed the place. was a little surprised at the turn out. I figured with high school football over, it may have been bigger.

Changes are coming, and it is nice to see them. 

I too noticed Kucharski not in the line up. I wonder if he was injured last week when he was run into, and ended up in the net.

Snowden looks good. But had it good in front of him.

I did not notice, but did coach change some lines, or something else. It just looked like a totally different team out there. It was kind of nice to see them winning face offs, and coming out of the scrums along the boards, controlling the puck. 

The bucs looked really good. I suppose some of that could have been a Chicago team that was having on off game. Couldn't do anything right against Fargo last week, and done everything right last night.

Lets hope the team from last night starts showing up to play.

GO BUCS

Mr Ricochet
3 hours ago, jimindm said:

No Doubt.

Have to say I heard many talk last weekend about how it was nice to come to a game, and not be able to see your breath. It has been actually comfortable in the arena.

When we got there last night, I really thought wow, no line out the door for tickets, Maybe they had that solved. Maybe not, because there just was not that many there. 

Not long ago a beer special would have packed the place. was a little surprised at the turn out. I figured with high school football over, it may have been bigger.

I too noticed Kucharski not in the line up. I wonder if he was injured last week when he was run into, and ended up in the net.

I did not notice, but did coach change some lines, or something else. It just looked like a totally different team out there. It was kind of nice to see them winning face offs, and coming out of the scrums along the boards, controlling the puck. 

The bucs looked really good. I suppose some of that could have been a Chicago team that was having on off game. Couldn't do anything right against Fargo last week, and done everything right last night.

GO BUCS

This is what I was referring to when speaking about the HD feed.  Hopefully one of many steps that make the Buc experience a good one.  Add the temp in the building as just another one of those steps......

And no, full marks to the Bucs last night.  No doubt the Steel are in a bit of a lull but the group is talented and can get away with poor stretches and strike for 2-3 in 10 minutes, especially on the PP.  As I posted in the GDT even with the Steel clicking on all cylinders the Bucs might have beaten them last night. 

IMO there is a good chance the Bucs go on a run. 

MadhouseOnHickman
On 12/2/2017 at 1:31 PM, jimindm said:

No Doubt.

GO BUCS

Always enjoy your takes, I absolutely agree with you Jimi

MadhouseOnHickman

A couple stats that are really sticking out to me thus far.... the bucs NEED to get healthy, I really hope Otto returns soon, kid is a stud in the faceoff circle. 

+/-   -11 Costello/Lebster 

SV%  0.891  Kucharski

DM47
1 hour ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

+/-   -11 Costello/Lebster 

With the next lowest +/- on the team being a -4 That's something that definitely needs addressing. 3 of Costellos 4 goals are against Fargo. I want to say at least 2 of them were odd man rushes. Does he play too high in the D zone, not offering support?  

Mr Ricochet
11 hours ago, DM47 said:

With the next lowest +/- on the team being a -4 That's something that definitely needs addressing. 3 of Costellos 4 goals are against Fargo. I want to say at least 2 of them were odd man rushes. Does he play too high in the D zone, not offering support? 

Great question.  What is Allison's systems?  Is it aggressive where a winger is always looking to fly the Dzone when it "looks" like DM "may" gain possession rarely going down past the top of the circle?  Is the systems idea of a 3rd man high in the offensive zone at the dots?  Are Dmen encouraged to pinch, be a 4th man on the rush, hold your own blueline not backing to the dots?  Trade chances having confidence in your goalie?  Does a guy get the assignment of taking the other clubs 1st line?    ...... I'm no coach and with just two eyes and the speed of the game I have to see things live to notice just a few of these things.

I'll tell you every time I see DM that Red Lobster kid jumps out.  Lotta speed and is active in all 3 zones. 

MadhouseOnHickman
45 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Great question.  What is Allison's systems?  Is it aggressive where a winger is always looking to fly the Dzone when it "looks" like DM "may" gain possession rarely going down past the top of the circle?  Is the systems idea of a 3rd man high in the offensive zone at the dots?  Are Dmen encouraged to pinch, be a 4th man on the rush, hold your own blueline not backing to the dots?  Trade chances having confidence in your goalie?  Does a guy get the assignment of taking the other clubs 1st line?    ...... I'm no coach and with just two eyes and the speed of the game I have to see things live to notice just a few of these things.

I'll tell you every time I see DM that Red Lobster kid jumps out.  Lotta speed and is active in all 3 zones. 

I absolutely agree with your opinion, but the stats don't lie, he is on the ice a lot when the opposing team scores. 

Mr Ricochet
2 minutes ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

I absolutely agree with your opinion, but the stats don't lie, he is on the ice a lot when the opposing team scores. 

Coach him up.  Give him a position, a role and coach him to it.  He's usually 3rd line? 

MadhouseOnHickman
Just now, Mr Ricochet said:

Coach him up.  Give him a position, a role and coach him to it.  He's usually 3rd line? 

Allison juggles lines so much during game, it is hard to tell. 

Mr Ricochet
Just now, MadhouseOnHickman said:

Allison juggles lines so much during game, it is hard to tell. 

In Allison's defense 2 of their top 6, Henteges and Costello (?), have been out for the last 6-7 games.  That'll cause a coach to juggle. 

MadhouseOnHickman
Just now, Mr Ricochet said:

In Allison's defense 2 of their top 6, Henteges and Costello (?), have been out for the last 6-7 games.  That'll cause a coach to juggle. 

Injuries have been a big issue.... yes. Otto is back this weekend per their facebook announcement today, kid is very good in the faceoff circle. 

Mr Ricochet
25 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Correction, Ellingson was out injured not Costello......... Just noticed Costello is a 2000 and a rookie. 

jimindm

Well I am not sure how you want to call it, but coach certainly does go after defense guys that play offensively.

Injuries have caused them to juggle lines. I sort of think that these two are kind of the last men off, on shift changes. You do not have to watch to many games to see which defense guys are not afraid to get in deep, and which ones kind of start there but do not actually ever get there.

I think it really gets down to the forwards have to be aware when they see what is happening and drop back. I also believe that just the coaching style that Allison plays, he certainly depends a lot on the goalie. Having said that I think the goalies do pretty good with one skater, but several times a game it is two or three coming down the ice at them.  

I noticed this weekend that many times in the 4-4, that we had three offense on the ice. It burned them most of the time. 

I have to say so far Fargo burned them the most. It seemed like every time they got control in the defensive zone, they were looking for the one breaking through neutral ice. I lost track of the odd man rushes, and the points on the scoreboard showed it too.

MadhouseOnHickman
3 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Correction, Ellingson was out injured not Costello......... Just noticed Costello is a 2000 and a rookie. 

Yes Costello is a rookie