herbst20

Dmbucshighlight Announcement

MadhouseOnHickman
13 hours ago, DMBucshighlights said:

Not exactly the way I wanted to go out that's for sure. Just thinking that this should be a bright spot for the team with the ownership change and everything but because my credentials get pulled everyone goes into speculation as to why. I would just rather not be a distraction that's all. In all honesty I didn't really WANT to explain what was going on but I felt it would have been a disservice to all those who watch my videos to leave them in the dark and not explain why videos were no longer coming out.

Thanks DMBucshighlights for all of your work, it will be missed for sure. 

Spit n Argue
On 11/20/2017 at 7:41 PM, DMBucshighlights said:

Not exactly the way I wanted to go out that's for sure. Just thinking that this should be a bright spot for the team with the ownership change and everything but because my credentials get pulled everyone goes into speculation as to why. I would just rather not be a distraction that's all. In all honesty I didn't really WANT to explain what was going on but I felt it would have been a disservice to all those who watch my videos to leave them in the dark and not explain why videos were no longer coming out.

My speculation on the above: The dream scenario would be of course for the Bucs to hire you on as a video guy for game film and marketing pieces. In regards too our speculation, you post video's on social media...... the concept of comments on said video (good and bad) can't really be that new to you. As far as not wanting to be a distraction I do believe you mean that but at the same time you must have realized at some point before now that filming from an arena seat was more than likely a distraction for others around you. Not wanting to really explain..... sure you wanted to explain what was going on and hope the masses would speak and result in some sort of reversal, nothing wrong with that. Everyone needs a little hope in their lives. Last but not least DMBucshighlights keep posting up your thoughts on the games, your perspective is unique. 

dwhitehead

Not sure if this is related, but we noticed that the CI Flying Aces game had notices up Friday that said that photography and video recording were not allowed at the game. They were posted on the entrance doors.

MuskiesFan4Ever

Kind of hard to enforce since everyone's phone is now a camera/video recorder.

The key is the quality of the camera.  At the Tyson Events Center long lens cameras are no longer allowed at the Musketeers games.  They used to not worry to much about any cameras for personal/private photos until some IDIOT thought it would be OK to try and sell his unauthorized photos and so that was the end of that.

Edited by MuskiesFan4Ever

Spit n Argue
8 hours ago, dwhitehead said:

Not sure if this is related, but we noticed that the CI Flying Aces game had notices up Friday that said that photography and video recording were not allowed at the game. They were posted on the entrance doors.

Were they playing Des Moines?

Mr Ricochet
9 hours ago, dwhitehead said:

Glad to see a CI fan went to the game!!   ..... Watch a good amount of CI and can't figure out the difference between now and the first 7-8 games of the season.  What I saw was a kinda slump proof team and style.  The structure, support and layers reminded me so much of last yrs Steel. 

Losing McGregor to HS is tough but no way that is the difference in the Aces today and the first 7-8 games.  Hopefully the nonsense of playing their first 6-7-8 on the road is some of the answer and they settle in.  ...... What I saw was a very dagerous team every game, most shifts, that had teams running around.  Not so much now.

BackCheck

Well, I just got a message on Twitter that my video clips have to be shutdown as well. I'm trying not to get pissed but...

DMBucshighlights
22 minutes ago, BackCheck said:

Well, I just got a message on Twitter that my video clips have to be shutdown as well. I'm trying not to get pissed but...

Sorry to hear that man. :(

Mr Ricochet
23 minutes ago, BackCheck said:

These are your personal videos? 

BackCheck
12 minutes ago, DMBucshighlights said:

Sorry to hear that man. :(

Thanks, that means a lot from you. Between your highlights and Yeti's blog for Lincoln I got a lot of inspiration for my own blog.

10 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

These are your personal videos? 

Yes. They're the ones I use in my blog and post on social media.

I'm still waiting for tonight to see if they'll actually have a person-to-person talk with me about it or if they're just going to rely on a direct message on Twitter.

Mr Ricochet
2 minutes ago, BackCheck said:

Thanks, that means a lot from you. Between your highlights and Yeti's blog for Lincoln I got a lot of inspiration for my own blog.

Yes. They're the ones I use in my blog and post on social media.

I'm still waiting for tonight to see if they'll actually have a person-to-person talk with me about it or if they're just going to rely on a direct message on Twitter.

They're telling you not to video tape or just not to post that footage? 

BackCheck
5 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

They're telling you not to video tape or just not to post that footage? 

Posting.

MuskiesFan4Ever
53 minutes ago, BackCheck said:

Was that request from the team or league?

You should ask them to clarify if its just videos or both videos and photos they want you to stop posting.... I'd be curious to know if there is a difference to them.

Edited by MuskiesFan4Ever

BackCheck
Just now, MuskiesFan4Ever said:

Wast that request from the team or league?

You should ask them to clarify if its just videos or both videos and photos they want you to stop posting.... I'd be curious to know if there is a difference to them.

The request came from the team with very little information. I have not posted a lot of pics so they did not specifically mention them but if anyone bothers to talk to me I will gladly ask that question.

DMBucshighlights
2 hours ago, BackCheck said:

Well glad I could help inspire you. I just don't understand who these decisions are benefitting? It's a lose-lose situation in my opinion. The league is losing valuable free exposure. I don't think HockeyTV wins from this because I would imagine the majority of their business relies on fans wanting to watch games live. Sure some want to watch on demand but I can't imagine it is a huge number to affect their bottom line much. Very frustrating for guys like you and me.

BackCheck
4 minutes ago, DMBucshighlights said:

Well glad I could help inspire you. I just don't understand who these decisions are benefitting? It's a lose-lose situation in my opinion. The league is losing valuable free exposure. I don't think HockeyTV wins from this because I would imagine the majority of their business relies on fans wanting to watch games live. Sure some want to watch on demand but I can't imagine it is a huge number to affect their bottom line much. Very frustrating for guys like you and me.

No one understands this. It's also not like they have a lot of outside outlets covering the league. I've caught my clips being used in scouting reports and legitimate sports news outlets due to the lack of decent video. At least DM has better video feeds now, Youngstown does not. I hope someone with the team is planning to talk to me in person though you and I both know they are probably being directed by the league. If I do get to talk to someone, I hope you don't mind if I bring your situation up. I'm also still considering the option of continuing under a Fair Use argument. I would like to find some middle ground to still be able to post some clips.

And to take this even further down the road of senslessness, the Phantom official Youtube channel still hosts at least 2 clips using video I took. I was even asked permission to use them though they did not wait for me to give it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndc44oyICs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITWmP4kLI2U

DMBucshighlights
58 minutes ago, BackCheck said:

No one understands this. It's also not like they have a lot of outside outlets covering the league. I've caught my clips being used in scouting reports and legitimate sports news outlets due to the lack of decent video. At least DM has better video feeds now, Youngstown does not. I hope someone with the team is planning to talk to me in person though you and I both know they are probably being directed by the league. If I do get to talk to someone, I hope you don't mind if I bring your situation up. I'm also still considering the option of continuing under a Fair Use argument. I would like to find some middle ground to still be able to post some clips.

And to take this even further down the road of senslessness, the Phantom official Youtube channel still hosts at least 2 clips using video I took. I was even asked permission to use them though they did not wait for me to give it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndc44oyICs0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITWmP4kLI2U

Hmmmm that is interesting...if you choose to continue I wish you the best of luck. And if you think it will help, you are more than welcome to bring up my situation.

TheShow

Well, this confirms my suspicions that it came from the league and not the Bucs, in Buc Guy's case. Another example of fan interaction assclownery that the USHL seems to have written the book on. 

Now, If I were you guys, I'd totally look to light the powder keg and cruise social media of the Facebook/Twitter pages of other random fans and find images from the game and send them to whichever contacts shut you down and ask them, "Are these okay?". I'd be incredibly curious to know if they have the gall to go after even the casual Suzie Soccermom fans or if they are just looking to shut down their "superfans" who have larger circles within the fan community in the organization. Something tells me they wouldn't have the balls to message Suzie, because Suzie isn't a superfan and she's likely to not come back to games and likely to burn every bridge she can if the organization approaches her to take down images from her "personal" social media, even if she has the same IP-infringing pictures on the web that BC and Bucs guy do...

dwhitehead

Just wanted to propose a possible reason for why they (the teams, the league, whomever) may be doing this: child protection.

Depending on the teams, and the game, and the play, half of the players on the ice could be minors. And you have someone (or several someones) circulating video of someone else's children without written consent of the parents. It could even be that some of the parents have asked that the team/league/whomever take this stance. Who knows? 

Just wanted to put this out there as a possible explanation, and to suggest that it might not be as nefarious as it looks at face value.

Based on the information posted in this (and other) threads, I think that whomever is ultimately responsible for the requests could have communicated it better, but in my opinion this would be a possible "good reason" why the requests to stop are being made.

minor life

dwhitehead, you could open a big can of worms by thinking that way. I wonder if everyone involved has complete and full releases and authority to profit on the images of these amateur athletes?  I brought this topic up to some people several years ago and heads instantly went into the sand.

dwhitehead
1 hour ago, minor life said:

dwhitehead, you could open a big can of worms by thinking that way. I wonder if everyone involved has complete and full releases and authority to profit on the images of these amateur athletes?  I brought this topic up to some people several years ago and heads instantly went into the sand.

I agree, and that was not my intent in posting. It was more to make sure that someone said it in this discussion.

Mr Ricochet
2 hours ago, dwhitehead said:

Just wanted to propose a possible reason for why they (the teams, the league, whomever) may be doing this: child protection.

Depending on the teams, and the game, and the play, half of the players on the ice could be minors. And you have someone (or several someones) circulating video of someone else's children without written consent of the parents. It could even be that some of the parents have asked that the team/league/whomever take this stance. Who knows? 

Just wanted to put this out there as a possible explanation, and to suggest that it might not be as nefarious as it looks at face value.

Based on the information posted in this (and other) threads, I think that whomever is ultimately responsible for the requests could have communicated it better, but in my opinion this would be a possible "good reason" why the requests to stop are being made.

D, the only thing, and I mean the only thing I know about business is that a middle class slob  who punches a time clock like myself is the guy who either can afford to buy the iphone, tv, car, computer, hockey ticket, or not, and that his how a billionaire is made.  Pay me and my kind 25 bucks an hr and us stiffs make zillionaires, don't and we can't.  

When this site was started we used the league logo of the IHL as tabs for every thread for each forum (remember ML?).  But I told the mods I'm gonna check with the league after we did so.   Emailed them, they said thanks so much for asking but no we don't want the logo used, no more explanation given, no more asked..

As little as I know about bizness I didn't need an explanation from people a helluva lot smarter than me as to why they didn't want the free advertisement the site was giving them.  ....... I agree with those who say the vids these guys provide spreads the word of lil ole USHL but I also understand the league has reasons for not wanting that done, reasons I don't understand. 

minor life

I had completely forgotten about that Rico!  I still think this has a lot to do with HockeyTV.  Though no one will say it.  There are a lot of changes taking place in that company.  Now that the founder of FastHockey has left HockeyTech, the company that purchased FastHockey, the timing of these requests fits that timeline as well.  I also think with ongoing interviews for the new Commissioner that these requests may or may not be permanent until that person is hired.  

I understand protecting brands.  We do it too.  But, when someone is promoting your business in a positive light?  The smart people at YouTube call those people "influencers" and they get paid pretty nicely for their efforts.  

Mr Ricochet
20 minutes ago, minor life said:

I had completely forgotten about that Rico!  I still think this has a lot to do with HockeyTV.  Though no one will say it.  There are a lot of changes taking place in that company.  Now that the founder of FastHockey has left HockeyTech, the company that purchased FastHockey, the timing of these requests fits that timeline as well. I also think with ongoing interviews for the new Commissioner that these requests may or may not be permanent until that person is hired. 

I understand protecting brands.  We do it too.  But, when someone is promoting your business in a positive light?  The smart people at YouTube call those people "influencers" and they get paid pretty nicely for their efforts.  

Hadn't made that connection ML, good point.  Good point on Hockey TV possibly having a say in this too. Quite possibly this matter has yet to be settled?  ......And the You Tube analogy, while not quite apples to apples, is a good one.  How and where companies expose themselves to potential customers is 100 million miles away from how they did so even 15 yrs ago. Indeed "influencers" are a big part of that and it's easily argued BucHighlightMan and BC are certainly influencers of the USHL product.