iowaninja

Central Illinois home opener pushed back again

iowaninja

This is after postponing their home open against Cedar Rapids which I still have not seen a make up date for 

DM47

I wonder what they are doing for season ticket holders who can't make that work?  I don't know how far Peoria is from Bloomington but everyone puts the drives into different perspectives.  Using the tickets as vouchers later doesn't seem like an appropriate enough response to a situation like this.

Maiden
41 minutes ago, DM47 said:

I wonder what they are doing for season ticket holders who can't make that work?  I don't know how far Peoria is from Bloomington but everyone puts the drives into different perspectives.  Using the tickets as vouchers later doesn't seem like an appropriate enough response to a situation like this.

Its about 40 miles from Bloomington to Peoria with the majority of the drive on an interstate highway.

I find the moving of these games all very fishy as Illinois State University plays there home games at Grossinger Arena also.

Click on the link and ISU has played 12 of there first 14 games of the season at home and at Grossinger Arena.

http://stateu_illinois.wttstats.pointstreak.com/teamschedule.html?teamid=514070

The article had a quote that the facility wasn't up to league, team and fan standards. But it is for ACHA Division 1?

There is a new management company running the arena; any chance Central Illinois isn't a welcome tenant any longer?

TheShow

Arena really must have liked those trains.

Best logo in the league. Because of trains.

iowaninja

I question where they are practicing right now, I assume most USHL teams use their home ice for practice. 

eaglesfan

They are probably practicing on the pepsi rink as there are 2 rinks there also ISU plays games there not sure if they have played in main arena

Maiden
5 hours ago, eaglesfan said:

They are probably practicing on the pepsi rink as there are 2 rinks there also ISU plays games there not sure if they have played in main arena

Confirmed this afternoon the ACHA D1 team has played there home games in Grossinger while the ACHA D2 team played in Pepsi Center.

There has to be more to this than what the article is leading on to.

Mr Ricochet
11 hours ago, DM47 said:

3 hours ago, Maiden said:

Confirmed this afternoon the ACHA D1 team has played there home games in Grossinger while the ACHA D2 team played in Pepsi Center.

47, no way season ticket holders, or the fans they do have, can like this.  It ain't cool making people change their plans to attend games.  IMO they should offer a refund option on games played away from Bloomy.

Maiden I thought this was funky before you posted the ACHA club was playing out of there.  That arena is about 10 yrs old and still looks brand new.  How bad can dashers or boards be after 10 yrs of shortish jr and low pro schedules?

Man I can't think of one thing, besides Bloomy getting the USHL, that has gone right concerning Bloomington hockey. 

ThunderBillet
On 10/24/2017 at 3:56 PM, Maiden said:

There is and there isn't.  The "more to the story" is ISUs willingness to play with glass that was covered with duct tape and boards that were.. for lack of better term right now.. peeling up off of the base.  The boards, glass, and hardware that the arena bought a decade ago was not the kind that was made to be broken down and put back up over the course of a season and event changes in the building.  So, over time they have pretty much broken down to disrepair.