H8t2lose

Storm Press Conference

H8t2lose

This coming Friday the 13th the Tri-City Storm along with the USHL will be holding a press conference at 4:00 PM CST.  Stay tuned for further details.

image.jpeg

Edited by H8t2lose

Mr Ricochet

Wow, the owner and Commish............ Any guesses what it might even be?

Thanks for the info, hate. 

DMBucshighlights

My guess is Top Prospects game.

Mr Ricochet

Why would they move it from Sioux Falls and that big arena they fill up? 

TheShow
7 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

This appears to be one of the things the league is doing well, if it's the TPG. It should be a traveling circus, it's a wonderful event.  When Musky had it, it was just a scouts affair, now in recent years moving it around, it appears mirror actual fans are attending. Dubuque's was a great experience, I heard Omaha had some hiccups but still nothing like Muskegon.

As for Kearney, I'm ecstatic for what that team has done under Brooks. I was skeptical like many that daddy was giving son a place to play, but he's invested heavily in that team and community and hockey in general. I'd easily put him in the conversation for best owner in the league. I'm glad it's getting rewarded.

H8t2lose
14 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Good question which brings up a couple more questions.  Is the game meant to make money?  Which if it is then keep it in Sioux Falls where they will probably get a big crowd.  Is the game meant to get the players more exposure?  If that's the case then it should not matter where they play the game.  I personally think the game location should rotate.  Give fans from different communities a chance to see the best of the best on the ice all at once.  The NHL scouts may not like it but they will deal with it if they truly want to evaluate the players.

Maiden
2 hours ago, H8t2lose said:

Good question which brings up a couple more questions.  Is the game meant to make money?  Which if it is then keep it in Sioux Falls where they will probably get a big crowd.  Is the game meant to get the players more exposure?  If that's the case then it should not matter where they play the game.  I personally think the game location should rotate.  Give fans from different communities a chance to see the best of the best on the ice all at once.  The NHL scouts may not like it but they will deal with it if they truly want to evaluate the players.

Yea that strategy worked when it came to the fall classic.

TheShow

I think when they left Muskegon, it went from being a "scout thing" to being a "league thing". I like that.

Mr Ricochet
11 hours ago, TheShow said:

This appears to be one of the things the league is doing well, if it's the TPG. It should be a traveling circus, it's a wonderful event.  When Musky had it, it was just a scouts affair, now in recent years moving it around, it appears mirror actual fans are attending. Dubuque's was a great experience, I heard Omaha had some hiccups but still nothing like Muskegon.

As for Kearney, I'm ecstatic for what that team has done under Brooks. I was skeptical like many that daddy was giving son a place to play, but he's invested heavily in that team and community and hockey in general. I'd easily put him in the conversation for best owner in the league. I'm glad it's getting rewarded.

Totally agree with the bolded.  As a fan, especially at this level, ownership determines just how good a product a fan is allowed to consume even if it ain't your team.  Like losing Skodjt of the Indy Ice.  Solid owner gave the league a solid product yr in and yr out..... Just can't have enough of these types and they need to be supported. 

Just watch a Storm game on Hockey TV.  A first rate production. 

H8t2lose

It's official.  The Top Prospects Game will be hosted by the Tri-City Storm at the Viaero Center in Kearney, NE.  Congrats to the Storm, their fans, and the community of Kearney.  If history is any indication Kearney will host a great event.

TheShow

Awesome news. Congrats to the Storm Organization. Hopefully you guys get a good turnout, h8t. I hope Brooks rewards your STHs with free tickets to the game.

H8t2lose
3 hours ago, TheShow said:

Awesome news. Congrats to the Storm Organization. Hopefully you guys get a good turnout, h8t. I hope Brooks rewards your STHs with free tickets to the game.

Kearney has an excellent track record with putting on great events, and being great hosts.  I am hoping Brooks, his staff, and the Kearney Visitors Bureau will come up with a great plan to include the STH's.  A Tuesday game will make it tough.  One. thing that will hurt is the air service into Kearney.  The closest airport is in Grand Island which is a 40 minute drive away.

Edited by H8t2lose

MuskiesFan4Ever

So is the Top Prospects game the same as the East/West All-Star game?  I don't recall there being any All-Star game recently so guessing the Top Prospects game replaced the All-Star game.  Just wondering.

Mr Ricochet
TheShow
1 hour ago, MuskiesFan4Ever said:

So is the Top Prospects game the same as the East/West All-Star game?  I don't recall there being any All-Star game recently so guessing the Top Prospects game replaced the All-Star game.  Just wondering.

It's not the "same" no.

The players in the TPG are handpicked by scouts based on the next year's NHL Draft. It's not a game of the "best players" of the season.

Mr Ricochet
6 minutes ago, TheShow said:

It's not the "same" no.

The players in the TPG are handpicked by scouts based on the next year's NHL Draft. It's not a game of the "best players" of the season.

Can't remember was the allstar game limited to draft eligible players like the TPG is?