Maiden

USHL Preseason on Hockey TV

Maiden    2
Maiden

Schedule is posted. Lets hope this holds true to form. Last year many games were listed that never made it to viewing.

MuskiesFan4Ever    0
MuskiesFan4Ever

I was hoping preseason would be free... good time to work out the bugs with streaming equipment that most likely has been sitting idle/stored since last season ended so there is always a chance a game doesn't get broadcast due to uncooperative equipment.

And I'm not even sure the league is requiring venues to broadcast preseason games if they don't want to... HockeyTV probably just put the preseason schedules in so if a venue does want to broadcast they can.

Also... a possible reason why some preseason games won't get broadcast is that some teams, such as Sioux Falls, won't be playing their preseason games at their normal venue.  So if those teams want to broadcast their preseason games they'll have to pack up and haul their streaming equipment to the alternate site... hopefully the internet at the alternate site will be up to snuf... and then pack it up and haul it back to their main venue after preseason.  I think that might have been the reason some of the preseason games last year didn't get broadcast.... another good argument for letting us watch preseason games for free.

Edited by MuskiesFan4Ever
Working

Maiden    2
Maiden

To me you would certainly think each club would want to televise at least one home preseason game to iron out the kinks.

Granted if you aren't playing in your normal home arena that could cause a problem but last year in Omaha and Pittsburgh they televised every fall festival game from the auxiliary rink so it can be accomplished.

Was great for people who couldn't get to Omaha or Pittsburgh.

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

Anyone know if the Lancer-Musketeer tilt is on Hockey Tv tonight? 

MuskiesFan4Ever    0
MuskiesFan4Ever
2 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Anyone know if the Lancer-Musketeer tilt is on Hockey Tv tonight? 

It is... it was late getting going due to some technical difficulties that apparently got worked out.

They're playing in the aux rink at Ralston and it appears they placed the camera between two pillars so left and right corner action on near side to camera is NIL!  <_<

Edited by MuskiesFan4Ever

herbst20    0
herbst20
4 hours ago, Maiden said:

Will Des Moines televise tonight's game after not showing last Saturday night's game?

It is listed on the Hockey TV schedule, so we shall see

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

I'm not getting audio but the game is on Hockey tv.  5 minutes in 1-0, Riders.