herbst20

Forum Upgrade

herbst20

Just wanted to let you know FYC will be down tomorrow Saturday September 9th for an upgrade/facelift. I do not know exactly what time it will go down as of yet.

We wanted to get this done before the start of the season and our technical guy was available tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is necessary to keep FYC up to date.

All the best,

Scott

turk181

Thanks herby.

Mr Ricochet

Just some maintenance before the preseason starts next Friday. Should only be a couple hrs and it will be back up and running.

Andrew

Welcome to the new site! We are still ironing out some smaller details but it will be 100% soon. 

Please use this thread to post any questions or problems you run into.

Mr Ricochet

Test, test.........

Andrew

One cool new feature is the ability to change the color of the forum.  

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 7.03.06 PM.png

If you click the paint brush on the top right of the forum it will bring up a color picker. Try it out!

Mr Ricochet

Want to point out to everyone if you go up to the header towards the top and to the right you will see a paint brush icon.  Click on it and you will be able to change the color of what you are seeing.  You can customize the color of how you view the site.  I recommend Steeeeeeel Red!!

minor life

great look!

hackshow22

Outstanding guys, thank you!

turk181
3 hours ago, Andrew said:

One cool new feature is the ability to change the color of the forum.  

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 7.03.06 PM.png

If you click the paint brush on the top right of the forum it will bring up a color picker. Try it out!

Very cool. Thanks. RPI RED, I like it:yahoo:

Mr Ricochet

Love positive feedback of course and it seems all who have replied like what they see.   But with all upgrades there is some funk and glitches.  Please, as you peruse the site and notice a problem please speak up so any problem can be addressed.

This is the latest technology so those of you who use phones and tablets should notice the greatest improvement. 

utgotye

Looks good other than the bright white background.  Any chance we might get a dark or inverted colors theme made available?

Mr Ricochet
15 hours ago, utgotye said:

Looks good other than the bright white background.  Any chance we might get a dark or inverted colors theme made available?

Doesn't look like we can do anything about the brightness on our end.   Can you dim your screen on your end? 

turk181
18 hours ago, utgotye said:

I was just checking the HF Boards & they also changed their look, Same bright background.

MuskiesFan4Ever

Not sure where the thread went about the software upgrades to this message board that happened a few weeks ago so starting this here...

For some reason after the updates when I visit finishyourcheck.com the browser pegs my CPU%... doesn't matter which browser I use... Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox.  As soon as I change to another website or close the browser my CPU% returns to normal.

Anyone else notice this?  If not, any ideas what my issue is?

Didn't have this problem before the upgrades.

Thanks, MF4E

DM47

It has been freezing my phone up today after being on the site for a few minutes. Doesn't happen right away.

Andrew

I haven't noticed any performance issues on my computer or phone since the upgrade. I just made some tweaks, give it a day or so and let me know if it seems to be any better. In the mean time lets hear from some other members too. 

Thanks!

MuskiesFan4Ever
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, Andrew said:

... I just made some tweaks, give it a day or so and let me know if it seems to be any better....

Much better... CPU% utilization is back to normal while visiting finishyourcheck.com.

I don't think it was doing this when the upgrade was first done but I noticed about a week or two ago every time I visited finishyourcheck.com my CPU% would get pegged and everything get sluggish until I left finishyourcheck.com.

Whatever tweaks you did... thank you!!

Edited by MuskiesFan4Ever