Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

Waterloo 30 Man Roster Scrimmages (Orientation Camp) Open To Public 8/3 & 8/4

tpriest

Interesting that the team has reported in Waterloo already. Players in Dubuque don't report until the Aug 19/20 weekend, school starts the 23 in Dubuque.

Yeti

Interesting that the team has reported in Waterloo already. Players in Dubuque don't report until the Aug 19/20 weekend, school starts the 23 in Dubuque.

Really? The regular season doesn't start for another two months. That's insane.

atrain

Sioux City's radio station had coach Strand on Tuesday and he mentioned that the league put a new rule in place that the coach couldn't step on the ice with the players to practice until September 11. ( now if that includes assistants I'm not sure) In Sioux City if I remember right high school kids are reporting the weekend of August 19 and 20. The other players will report the 9-10 of September ( I'm sure some will be in earlier).

Mr Ricochet

Depends when school starts, T. In my hood they start two Monday's from now. As a billet I'm guessing you would know but I'd imagine it takes a little while to get a kid settled in and ready for school, no?

tpriest

Depends when school starts, T. In my hood they start two Monday's from now. As a billet I'm guessing you would know but I'd imagine it takes a little while to get a kid settled in and ready for school, no?

I suppose it's possible that school starts earlier in Waterloo than in Dubuque, but it still seems odd to me that they would bring all players in that early, even the ones not in school. In Dubuque High School Players will start to arrive the weekend of Aug 19th, 20th. They need to be in town by the 21st, HS orientation is the 22nd. The remainder of the players not in High School will report no later than September 6th. Practices begin on Sept 11th.

Maiden

Teams will bring in 35 to 40 players for the August orientation camp; then whittle it down to the around 30 for the preseason games.

Teams then have until the night prior to the opening game of the season to present there 23 man protected roster to the league.

tpriest

Teams will bring in 35 to 40 players for the August orientation camp; then whittle it down to the around 30 for the preseason games.

Teams then have until the night prior to the opening game of the season to present there 23 man protected roster to the league.

Ahhhhh, I totally missed the "Orientation Camp" until now. I have never heard of this until now. Thanks for explaining it.