Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:11 AM

Hawks Site  Link

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#2 tpriest

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Dubuque Fighting Saints

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

Interesting that the team has reported in Waterloo already. Players in Dubuque don't report until the Aug 19/20 weekend, school starts the 23 in Dubuque. 

#3 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

Interesting that the team has reported in Waterloo already. Players in Dubuque don't report until the Aug 19/20 weekend, school starts the 23 in Dubuque. 

Really?  The regular season doesn't start for another two months.  That's insane.

#4 atrain

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

Sioux City's radio station had coach Strand on Tuesday and he mentioned that the league put a new rule in place that the coach couldn't step on the ice with the players to practice until September 11. ( now if that includes assistants I'm not sure) In Sioux City if I remember right high school kids are reporting the weekend of August 19 and 20. The other players will report the 9-10 of September ( I'm sure some will be in earlier).

#5 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

Depends when school starts, T.   In my hood they start two Monday's from now.  As a billet I'm guessing you would know but I'd imagine it takes a little while to get a kid settled in and ready for school, no?

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#6 tpriest

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:06 AM

Depends when school starts, T.   In my hood they start two Monday's from now.  As a billet I'm guessing you would know but I'd imagine it takes a little while to get a kid settled in and ready for school, no?

I suppose it's possible that school starts earlier in Waterloo than in Dubuque, but it still seems odd to me that they would bring all players in that early, even the ones not in school. In Dubuque High School Players will start to arrive the weekend of Aug 19th, 20th. They need to be in town by the 21st, HS orientation is the 22nd. The remainder of the players not in High School will report no later than September 6th. Practices begin on Sept 11th. 

#7 Maiden

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Teams will bring in 35 to 40 players for the August orientation camp; then whittle it down to the around 30 for the preseason games.

Teams then have until the night prior to the opening game of the season to present there 23 man protected roster to the league.

#8 tpriest

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

Teams will bring in 35 to 40 players for the August orientation camp; then whittle it down to the around 30 for the preseason games.

Teams then have until the night prior to the opening game of the season to present there 23 man protected roster to the league.

Ahhhhh, I totally missed the "Orientation Camp" until now. I have never heard of this until now. Thanks for explaining it.