8 replies to this topic

#1 MadhouseOnHickman

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

So back to roster talk...  :eeek:

Des Moines will have a couple of returners this season that I thought were for sure gone to college. Training camp roster looks REALLY good. Only question mark will be in net in my honest opinion. 

-Go Bucs

#2 Maiden

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

How's the roster shaping up for Des Moines. Enough talk about the arena.

#3 crb6

Checking Forward

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:28 AM

Des Moines will have a couple of returners this season that I thought were for sure gone to college. Training camp roster looks REALLY good. Only question mark will be in net in my honest opinion. 

-Go Bucs

So where do you go to find a number one? Euro, CHL, or Junior A?

#4 herbst20

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

Too Bad about Orchard not coming back.  He was in Cedar Rapids camp a few years ago and I loved him then.  Waterloo drafted him the following year.

#5 MadhouseOnHickman

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

How's the roster shaping up for Des Moines. Enough talk about the arena.

A lot of focus around Napravnik returning, goaltending will most likely split duties. Allison likes to do this until a number one is solidified. Really bummed Orchard isn't returning, he was a locker room guy. Des Moines really hoping Braden Costello has huge season

#6 MadhouseOnHickman

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

Too Bad about Orchard not coming back.  He was in Cedar Rapids camp a few years ago and I loved him then.  Waterloo drafted him the following year.

I felt he was going to have a big season if he returned

#7 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

-Go Bucs

With the influx of Euro goalies it seems that position is the easiest to fill these days.   Did any team have a problem in net last year?  There are gonna be really good goalies that get caught in a numbers game after the FC. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#8 crb6

Checking Forward

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

-Go Bucs

With the influx of Euro goalies it seems that position is the easiest to fill these days.   Did any team have a problem in net last year?  There are gonna be really good goalies that get caught in a numbers game after the FC. 

Easy to fill probably if you have the right Euro contacts and deep pockets. As far as last year is concerned, don’t teams have problems with that every year? Of course, the CHL did a Don Cherry on tenders but that doesn’t mean there aren’t, or won’t be some good NA tenders caught up in MJ numbers games either.

#9 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Firstly the Bucs had two outstanding netminders last yr with Ruzicka being a Euro.  http://www.ushl.com/...d&currentPage=1

And as far as league wide I can't think of any club that had a weakness in net.    http://www.ushl.com/...d&currentPage=1

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.