• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

Is it that many, Flyin?  Damn near a 1/5th of the 23 man. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#22 Glenn Gumbley

Checking Forward

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

Aamodt was staying another year last I heard.  Anyone hear differently?  He's gonna anchor that LIN defense IMO. 

That's good! Unless Mankato loses someone between now and registration. I don't get the CSSHL APs I'm pretty sure some of those kids are going BCHL.

#23 Glenn Gumbley

Checking Forward

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

Interesting that CR doesn't have any 97s listed, maybe herbst20 knows what the plan is?

There was only one that could have been listed from last years squad which is Grant Loven. I am told he had off season surgery and hasn't been cleared to skate yet. With knowing that, I am not surprised there aren't any 97s listed.

What is the limit on overagers anyway?

I'm pretty sure it's still a max of 4.

So a 97 Euro would be a two spotter right?

Kvaca a 97 Euro would count as an import and an OA wouldn't he?

Edited by Glenn Gumbley, 27 July 2017 - 05:56 PM.

#24 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

Interesting that CR doesn't have any 97s listed, maybe herbst20 knows what the plan is?

There was only one that could have been listed from last years squad which is Grant Loven. I am told he had off season surgery and hasn't been cleared to skate yet. With knowing that, I am not surprised there aren't any 97s listed.

IIRC a Euro import count's a 2 imports starting in 2018/19.   But a Canadian kid won't count as an import, again if IIRC. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock
RIP Huckleberry. 1995-2009.... Thanks for 14 unforgettable years Huck. You will forever be loved and missed.

#25 Glenn Gumbley

Checking Forward

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:24 PM

IIRC a Euro import count's a 2 imports starting in 2018/19.   But a Canadian kid won't count as an import, again if IIRC. 

Okay, so a 97 Euro would count as one OA and one Euro then I suspect.

#26 DM47

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

Wasn't it just goalies that were going to count as 2?

Found the article with the rule changes. 2 Canadians will not count as imports. Next year import goalies will count as 2 but overage goalies will not count to your OA limit.

http://www.ushl.com/...rrer_id=2650688

Edited by DM47, 27 July 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#27 Glenn Gumbley

Checking Forward

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

Wasn't it just goalies that were going to count as 2?

Found the article with the rule changes. 2 Canadians will not count as imports. Next year import goalies will count as 2 but overage goalies will not count to your OA limit.

http://www.ushl.com/...rrer_id=2650688

Great thanks. so Kvaca is a two-fer. Hull must be counting on Kvaca and Leonard. Does anyone know if Calder showed up for the Stars camp or is he headed back to Surrey?

#28 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Yo Gum, speaking for myself if you know first names of players add them so a reader can identify them.  You say Kvaca and Leonard and I don't know who these kids are?  ....... If Kvaca is a Euro and a goalie he'll only count as an Import this year.  Position won't matter until 2018/19. 

Thanks for the link, 47. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#29 Glenn Gumbley

Checking Forward

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:40 AM

Yo Gum, speaking for myself if you know first names of players add them so a reader can identify them.  You say Kvaca and Leonard and I don't know who these kids are?  ....... If Kvaca is a Euro and a goalie he'll only count as an Import this year.  Position won't matter until 2018/19. 

Thanks for the link, 47. 

Sorry about that. 

Petr Kvaca

http://www.elitepros...p?player=189822

Lance Leonard

http://www.elitepros...p?player=421752

Doesn't show Kvaca as going to Lincoln...and now I got it :)... he would be a one-spotter if he shows. I'm still at a loss as to why Hull would have 7 97s listed, and guys who are going to the BCHL listed as APs so either he does have some kind of a plan or things aren't falling in place again. As far as Kvaca is concerned maybe he has an inside track with Colorado.

#30 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

Thank you...........

Wow, nice job getting goalie Leonard in the 16th round.  Great numbers playing MN HS hockey.  Thought he must be 5ft 6in with those numbers in MN to slip to the 16th rd but the kid is 6ft 3in.  ......... Kid must be making noise about staying at home to play HS hockey. 

And what can be said about Kvaca?  Kid has been on most every Czech international roster since 13/14 not to mention Colorado took him in the 4th round this yr. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#31 Maiden

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

Would certainly help the rest of us if we had something in front of us to refer to when discussing teams and there rosters.

#32 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Would certainly help the rest of us if we had something in front of us to refer to when discussing teams and there rosters.

Sure would, but the league has decided that rosters are highly classified information that a fan doesn't need worry him/herself over. 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock

#33 TheShow

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:20 PM

Thank you...........

Wow, nice job getting goalie Leonard in the 16th round.  Great numbers playing MN HS hockey.  Thought he must be 5ft 6in with those numbers in MN to slip to the 16th rd but the kid is 6ft 3in.  ......... Kid must be making noise about staying at home to play HS hockey. 

Seems like Deja Vu.

Goalie dominates in Fargo's backyard. Fargo watches him get swooped up by Lincoln. 

See: Bitzer, Michael.

#34 Bevalaqua

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

List just got published

https://www.sbncolle...affiliate-lists

#35 Yeti

Go Stars!

• Global Mod
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

Guess it was a matter of time after the CR newspaper guy mistakenly posted them online.

#36 MadhouseOnHickman

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

Guess it was a matter of time after the CR newspaper guy mistakenly posted them online.

Yeti, any rumors floating around Lincoln for the HC position?

#37 MadhouseOnHickman

Checking Forward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Rumor floating around hockey world, Adam Parsells has quit hockey. His mother passed away last year and we were very lucky to have him in Des Moines for the rest of the season, I wish him the best. 

#38 DM47

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Thank you...........

And what can be said about Kvaca?  Kid has been on most every Czech international roster since 13/14 not to mention Colorado took him in the 4th round this yr. 

I would guess Leonard will return to Moorhead if he is still in High School. Seems everyone I have heard is returning. They made it to the state final last year and want to win it.

#39 DM47

Cup Winning Coach

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

Thank you...........

I would guess Leonard will return to Moorhead if he is still in High School. Seems everyone I have heard is returning. They made it to the state final last year and want to win it.

Then as I post this I see the list is out and Fargo has Randklev on the protected list and not affiliate list. There has been an article in the paper quoting him saying he is returning to play his senior year in Moorhead.

#40 Mr Ricochet

Cup Winning Goalie

• Admin
  • 37,289 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

Rumor floating around hockey world, Adam Parsells has quit hockey. His mother passed away last year and we were very lucky to have him in Des Moines for the rest of the season, I wish him the best. 

A terrible loss for a kid that young.  You think he's giving up hockey or just taking some time away for himself? 

Crush Em Steel
Blackhawks Rock