CottonEyeJoe42

Rosters

turk181    0
turk181

My fondest memory of Scrivens was when Cornell was playing an East Regional game at the Times Union Center here in Albany, NY. As custom the starting goalie hits the ice first only Ben literally hit the ice! Took that 2nd step onto the ice & down went Scrivens. Luckily the rest of the Team coming out were able to avoid falling over him. For 4 yrs that I watched him play for Cornell he was a Beast. Nice article, thanks for digging it up Rico.

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

My fondest memory of Scrivens was when Cornell was playing an East Regional game at the Times Union Center here in Albany, NY. As custom the starting goalie hits the ice first only Ben literally hit the ice! Took that 2nd step onto the ice & down went Scrivens. Luckily the rest of the Team coming out were able to avoid falling over him. For 4 yrs that I watched him play for Cornell he was a Beast. Nice article, thanks for digging it up Rico.

The most brutal physical hockey game I have ever seen was an Ivy League game. One hell of a league to follow........ And yea that sure can happen jumping/bolting/lunging onto the ice. Personally my first step and couple strides were nice and easy just in case what happened to Scrivens.

Love how Scrivens points out the better you skate, the further out of your crease you can play, the more of the net you take from the shooter, the bigger it makes you look. In effect a smaller guy can for sure play the position. But like any sport all things being equal you do take the bigger athlete.

Bottom line IMO the goalie needs to be taught as a 6-7-8 yr old he needs to be the best skater on the ice and show him/her why. The kid buys in and he'll look forward to skating his drills.

turk181    0
turk181

In all fairness to Scrivens the first time I played a game @ the TUC I nearly went down. There’s about a 2 inch difference from the step to the ice compared to what you're used to at most rinks. I remembered thinking, “now I know why Scrivens went down”.

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

In all fairness to Scrivens the first time I played a game @ the TUC I nearly went down. There’s about a 2 inch difference from the step to the ice compared to what you're used to at most rinks. I remembered thinking, “now I know why Scrivens went down”.

Oh, I assumed he stepped on a strap from his pad or a tiny piece of debris on the ice.

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

Always is on a Saints roster. Like that 4 Dmen and both goalies return. ........ Thought Jake Hale might make the roster as a 16 yr old. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=429040

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

http://www.ushl.com/news_article/show/828102?referrer_id=2650742

Member clubs must make necessary drops to get to their 23-man protected list by October 3, 2017 at 6:00 PM (CST) to the league office, as well as USA Hockey. 23-man protected lists must adhere to regular season roster regulations, which include:

• Teams must carry a minimum of three U18 players (2000 or 2001 birth years) on their active roster at all times.
  • Teams must carry at least two goaltenders on their active roster at all times.
  • Teams cannot carry more than five 20-year olds on their active roster at a time, which must be reduced to four by the third weekend of the regular season.
  • Teams cannot carry more than four import players on their roster at one time.
  • Starting this season, a team is permitted to carry up to two Canadian import skaters (non-goaltenders) that will not count towards the aforementioned four import player limit.

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

4 overagers, 4 imports and two Canadians not counted against the import limit of four!! Gonna be a ton of talent for fans to see.

Edit: A club can carry 5 overagers not the 4 I posted.

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

Gotta scrub this thing down a bit but at first glance it looks like the Steel have left themselves wiggle room with one 1 overager on the 30 man.

4 imports, one being goalie Oskar Autio a 99 FIN who made the WJC U-18 roster. Love the description of 98 Sam Bucek who played in the QMJHL last year: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=225621

2 01's on the 30 man, one being tender Mastrosimone. Thought 01's Travis Treloar (SWE) and Holloway showed enough at camp to be given consideration for the 23 man but as of now they are affiliated. The Fall Classic will be interesting for these two, especially Treloar with the club showing 4 imports as of today.

Only 8 returners and that includes Dman Gurney (00) who played 4-5-6 games late in the yr and in the playoffs due to injuries. 4 top end Dmen return in Lillibridge (kid is sitting on a huge yr), Regula (thought the big smooth kid would be plucked by the NTDP), Kokilla and 98 Daschke who was set to go to WMU this yr but a numbers game kept him in CHI this yr. IMO the club is in great shape on the backend.

Saints Fan 22    0
Saints Fan 22

Always is on a Saints roster. Like that 4 Dmen and both goalies return. ........ Thought Jake Hale might make the roster as a 16 yr old. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=429040

Everything I've heard indicates he will be in Dubuque. Guessing leaving him on affiliate list for now to maximize spouts on 30 man.

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

Check out the roster breakdown by David Fine of the Storm. Link

IIRC Noreen plays a solid defensive system and with Detroit 6th rounder Larsson in goal and NAHL standout Jake Barczewski fighting for minutes the Storm may have the best goaltending in the league.

herbst20    0
herbst20

This might be out already but if not, I have it on good authority that @GoldenKnights prospect Nick Campoli is returning to N.York, not USHL

turk181    0
turk181

This might be out already but if not, I have it on good authority that @GoldenKnights prospect Nick Campoli is returning to N.York, not USHL

Looks like he’s already played one exhibition game for N. York herby......http://northyork.wttstats.pointstreak.com/teamplayerstats.html?teamid=34964&seasonid=17140

Tri-Fan    0
Tri-Fan

Check out the roster breakdown by David Fine of the Storm. Link

IIRC Noreen plays a solid defensive system and with Detroit 6th rounder Larsson in goal and NAHL standout Jake Barczewski fighting for minutes the Storm may have the best goaltending in the league.

The Storm are filled with talent this year across their first two lines, both fowards and defensemen along with Larsson between the pipes (possibly Barczewski if he gets minutes), but their third and fourth lines will likely struggle this season. I'm guessing the Storm will seek a few trades in the spring if they plan to make another run for the cup. As for Noreen playing a solid defensive system, I agree, but his historic dump and chase grinder hockey will not be very fun for us TC Fans. Hoping for the best, but ....

iowaninja    1
iowaninja

You had years of the trap from Bliss, I can't imagine dump and chase being any worse.

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

The London Knights added big-bodied D Alec Regula from the USHL Chicago Steel. Played high school instead of AAA.

Tweet from @charliejclarke

Press Release from Knights: http://londonknights.com/article/knights-sign-defenseman

Very big loss for the Steel, USHL and the NCAA route. Thought he'd be poached by the NTDP this yr. Kid looks like he has a chance to be a 1st-2nd round NHL pick in 2019.

Maiden    2
Maiden

The London Knights added big-bodied D Alec Regula from the USHL Chicago Steel. Played high school instead of AAA.

Press Release from Knights: http://londonknights.com/article/knights-sign-defenseman

Very big loss for the Steel, USHL and the NCAA route. Thought he'd be poached by the NTDP this yr. Kid looks like he has a chance to be a 1st-2nd round NHL pick in 2019.

Very odd timing for this type of signing. See this a lot of times when a player feels being slighted by his club and thinks deserving of better.

He is a returning player though coming off multiple injuries and missed time. Possible new coaching staff not enamored with the player?

Or just getting advice from advisor, parents, other players that OHL is better for his draft status?

Mr Ricochet    2
Mr Ricochet

Very odd timing for this type of signing. See this a lot of times when a player feels being slighted by his club and thinks deserving of better.

He is a returning player though coming off multiple injuries and missed time. Possible new coaching staff not enamored with the player?

Or just getting advice from advisor, parents, other players that OHL is better for his draft status?

Tough to say how this played out. Right off the bat his coach is gone, Muse, so you never know if that's it. Highly doubt the new coaching staff had any problems with the kid.

This kid as a late 2000, so he was 16 in season last yr, was part of a 4 man D rotation throughout the playoffs. Not a slight tricky sort this kid is a big boy at 6ft 2-3in and that ain't easy at this level, especially playing defense, but he showed the IQ and skating, and more important to stay within himself, and handled the very best in this league. ..... Add he's a right shot too so it's a big loss for this league and the Steel.

I give the kid credit. Most hate seeing a 16-17 yr old throw away the NCAA route at that young age but he gave the league a try and thought Major Junior would be a better fit. I hope it is cuz I'm a fan. Still would have rather seen him go NTDP instead of Major Junior, I am assuming he had that option and don't know for sure.

Maiden    2
Maiden
24 minutes ago, turk181 said:

Goalie Kris Carlson no longer with @FriarsHockey. '97 has a year of junior eligibility left............Property of Waterloo http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=245269

Is he technically property of Waterloo if he isn't on there protected list? The fact that he played in Waterloo 2 years ago and then last year in the NA with Austin tells me Waterloo was through with him.

Tri-Fan    0
Tri-Fan
On 9/6/2017 at 8:11 PM, iowaninja said:

You had years of the trap from Bliss, I can't imagine dump and chase being any worse.

Great updates from Finer about the players on the Storm - didn't realize 21 players on the pre season roster had NCAA D1 commits! The talented storm played well, but not the best start against Lincoln (Lost 3-1). Not sure why yet, but Larsson and Feeney split time in goal - no Barczewski. Goodsir, Richardz and Mutovin stood out up front along with Foskey and Pehrson on defense.