CottonEyeJoe42

Rosters

Maiden

Madison Loses their 1st round Phase II pick (5th Overall) to Minnesota Duluth

.@UMDMensHockey Adds @mnwilderness Defenseman Roehl to 2017-18 Recruiting Class. http://bit.ly/2vbNXax

Am I reading this wrong? No where in the article does it mention he is "attending" Duluth this fall.

Just that he has signed his LOI to attend Duluth.

Yeti

Can someone also please tell me where Sean Comrie is playing next year he is on the Lincoln roster but I can't tell where he is going.

http://wheatkings.com/comrie-hoping-to-make-impression/

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=281714

I don't have any inside info, but I think there is a good chance he'll be in Lincoln this fall. He looked pretty good at tryout camp in June.

Stars were already loaded at defense, so there aren't a lot of roster spots open on the blueline. Krygier twins, Long, Teravainen, Aamodt, Tuliara, Klee, and Comrie are probably the top 8 defensemen right now. Just my guess.

dudette2

Can someone also please tell me where Sean Comrie is playing next year he is on the Lincoln roster but I can't tell where he is going.

http://wheatkings.com/comrie-hoping-to-make-impression/

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=281714

I don't have any inside info, but I think there is a good chance he'll be in Lincoln this fall. He looked pretty good at tryout camp in June.

Stars were already loaded at defense, so there aren't a lot of roster spots open on the blueline. Krygier twins, Long, Teravainen, Aamodt, Tuliara, Klee, and Comrie are probably the top 8 defensemen right now. Just my guess.

Thanks Yeti. I hope he changed his mind about the CHL.

herbst20

The tweet gave me that information. He is added to the 2017-2018 recruiting class. If it were different, I guess I assume it would have said 18-19 class.

UMD AthleticsVerified account @UMDBulldogs 1h1 hour ago

More

.@UMDMensHockey Adds @mnwilderness Defenseman Roehl to 2017-18 Recruiting Class. http://bit.ly/2vbNXax

Am I reading this wrong? No where in the article does it mention he is "attending" Duluth this fall.

crb6

The tweet gave me that information. He is added to the 2017-2018 recruiting class. If it were different, I guess I assume it would have said 18-19 class.

UMD AthleticsVerified account @UMDBulldogs 1h1 hour ago

More

"has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend and play hockey for the University of Minnesota Duluth in 2017-18."

From your link it looks like he is gone, maybe UMD lost some Defencemen.

Mr Ricochet

minor life

DuHart, a pretty good name going back to Flint hockey. Strangely enough he is from Gand Blanc a suburb of Flint. Am guessing it is Jim's son. Jim was coaching with Compuware for a while and did an incredible job with some players now in the USHL.

crb6

DuHart, a pretty good name going back to Flint hockey. Strangely enough he is from Gand Blanc a suburb of Flint. Am guessing it is Jim's son. Jim was coaching with Compuware for a while and did an incredible job with some players now in the USHL.

So is it a good idea to take a 3rd round OHL pick who's dad played #67 overall in the USHL draft?

minor life

So is it a good idea to take a 3rd round OHL pick who's dad played #67 overall in the USHL draft?

Well if that's your opinion you are certainly entitled to it.

crb6

Well if that's your opinion you are certainly entitled to it.

I really don't have an opinion one way or the other, just interested in what you thought? Maybe they worked the kid and the dad and thought it was a good risk?

Mr Ricochet

Franchises do their research before drafting. I'd guess TC talked to the kid before drafting him in the 3rd but kids do change their minds. .............. Agree though to a point. If you're gonna draft a kid and think he may go CHL take a flyer on him in the later rounds. Again, IMO TC did their research and drafting him in the 3rd they were given reason to think he'd go the USHL/NCAA route.

minor life

I have no opinion on the draft of the player in either league. I do know that if it is Jim's son, Jim did an excellent job coaching players I do know. If he coached this DuHart then I would feel comfortable in assuming he did another excellent job coaching and preparing him. But since I don't know for sure, I am guessing at the relation.

crb6

Franchises do their research before drafting. I'd guess TC talked to the kid before drafting him in the 3rd but kids do change their minds. .............. Agree though to a point. If you're gonna draft a kid and think he may go CHL take a flyer on him in the later rounds. Again, IMO TC did their research and drafting him in the 3rd they were given reason to think he'd go the USHL/NCAA route.

One would think so especially since TC's DPP is an Ontario product. You don't think parents and kids make stuff up to better position the kid by chance do you? :)

Mr Ricochet

What's DPP, director of player personnel? And not sure what a kids jr draft position matters.

crb6

What's DPP, director of player personnel? And not sure what a kids jr draft position matters.

Yes, Director of Player Personnel. It matters from the standpoint of demonstrating how other scouts/teams rate abilities.

Mr Ricochet

It matters from the standpoint of demonstrating how other scouts/teams rate abilities.

Well sure, but you think somehow the Duhart camp used London drafting him as leverage on TC or vice versa? That maybe they wanted assurances he would play this yr or they'd go to whomever gave him that assurance?

Mr Ricochet

Correction, Duhart was drafted in the 5th round of the Futures draft not the 3rd round. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=316141

Third round OHL, 67 overall USHL.

I get it. My point is for NOW TC lost a FIFTH rounder not a 3rd rounder as I had previously thought and posted. The reason for the correction was that I didn't want a reader to read my incorrect posts that had Duhart as a 3rd round USHL pick. He's a 5th round Phase I USHL pick.

crb6

It matters from the standpoint of demonstrating how other scouts/teams rate abilities.

Well sure, but you think somehow the Duhart camp used London drafting him as leverage on TC or vice versa? That maybe they wanted assurances he would play this yr or they'd go to whomever gave him that assurance?

Don't know, but if he doesn't make London as a 2001 TC does have his USHL rights, and because he is dual isn't an import in NA Junior A, which is a pretty good position for the kid.

Mr Ricochet

Don't know, but if he doesn't make London as a 2001 TC does have his USHL rights, and because he is dual isn't an import in NA Junior A, which is a pretty good position for the kid.

Indeed, but I'd hate to see the kid blow his NCAA eligibilty. He may still be a Storm but without NCAA eligibility.

crb6

Indeed, but I'd hate to see the kid blow his NCAA eligibilty. He may still be a Storm but without NCAA eligibility.

Me too...but if he signed he's done, 15/16 is too darn young.