Jump to content
CottonEyeJoe42

Rosters

Recommended Posts

HockeyFan16
16 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Thanks for the correction, 16.......... Dovorany was a centerman?  What line?   ........ This could be even worse for the competition, the kid being a forward instead of a Dman, assuming the Swede is a center and can play top 9.  .......Not like the top GA club in the league needs help on the back end. 

Dovorany was a centerman, but was placed on SE-IR last week.  TC doesn't post lines, so I'm not sure what line he was actually on, but top two lines is my best guess.  He's a very talented player that can make stuff happen.  The Storm definitely took a hit losing him.

If this Swede can come in and fill in aa a second or third line center, we will be sitting well for playoffs.  He won't bump Madden, but I'm hoping he can compete with the others.  Seems like some Swedes transition well, while others struggle for a bit.  Will be interesting to watch.

The Storm have finally been scoring a few more goals and we'll have Larsson back, so I like where we are sitting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadhouseOnHickman
5 minutes ago, HockeyFan16 said:

Dovorany was a centerman, but was placed on SE-IR last week.  TC doesn't post lines, so I'm not sure what line he was actually on, but top two lines is my best guess.  He's a very talented player that can make stuff happen.  The Storm definitely took a hit losing him.

If this Swede can come in and fill in aa a second or third line center, we will be sitting well for playoffs.  He won't bump Madden, but I'm hoping he can compete with the others.  Seems like some Swedes transition well, while others struggle for a bit.  Will be interesting to watch.

The Storm have finally been scoring a few more goals and we'll have Larsson back, so I like where we are sitting!

I am so impressed with the style of hockey Tri-City applies every night. Aware netminders, defensive dmen and two way forwards. Great recipe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redwing77

Tri City and Waterloo are the two most "concerning" franchises in the West for me, as a Lancers fan.  Lots of talent on both squads and great goaltending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadhouseOnHickman
2 minutes ago, redwing77 said:

Tri City and Waterloo are the two most "concerning" franchises in the West for me, as a Lancers fan.  Lots of talent on both squads and great goaltending.

This week could be really good for Des Moines or very bad... Excited to finally see Omaha in person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saints Fan 22

Saints have picked up Viktor Bovbel from Belarus.   Lowest scoring team in the East, need one of these pickups to click and get the offense going.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redwing77
1 hour ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

This week could be really good for Des Moines or very bad... Excited to finally see Omaha in person. 

Agreed.  The Bucs have made some moves and I'm curious as to what that makes of them.  Omaha will be without a few key players this week in Jack Randl and Jesper Peltonen.  I was told that Zach Driscoll is good to go, but he looked to be in rough shape last Friday when he was roughed up 3 times.  He seemed to be favoring his upper legs/groin area, especially on the left side.

We're still giving up a TON of shots on goal, but limiting the quality opportunities (quality opportunities lead to goals, sure, but as a fan, being outshot badly makes me nervous).  I'm still amazed at our PK unit.  No idea where they stand amongst the USHL statistically but it would not shock me if they were top 3. 

I think the key in any game vs. Omaha is limiting mistakes and winning faceoffs.  I don't believe Omaha is that good at home in 1 point games.  I've seen two and both went to OT (Omaha won one in OT and won the other in a shootout).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
casemagnum
31 minutes ago, redwing77 said:

 

I think the key in any game vs. Omaha is limiting mistakes and winning faceoffs.  I don't believe Omaha is that good at home in 1 point games.  I've seen two and both went to OT (Omaha won one in OT and won the other in a shootout).

The key is to make the opposing team aware of Driscoll piling up the snow outside of the net on the side lines to help him slow up and deflect the puck. Make the refs aware and make them call the penalty.

IMG_20171231_202138660.jpg

IMG_20171231_201656525.jpg

IMG_20171231_201707359.jpg

IMG_20171231_201954981.jpg

IMG_20171231_201754385.jpg

IMG_20171231_202858668.jpg

IMG_20171231_201749836.jpg

IMG_20171209_201908897.jpg

IMG_20171209_201912012.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redwing77

Did this happen in Waterloo on Sunday or was this the old pictures from before?

 

I sat right in front of the goal line in Kearney when Driscoll was in net and he didn't pile the shavings there nor have I noticed this at the Ralston Arena or in Lincoln.

 

Obviously this isn't legal and it is sad to see him do this, but I find it odd that he's done this at least once (twice?) now? 

As an aside, I also find it odd that he hasn't done it at Ralston yet seeing as though the kids that do the ice cleaning do a very poor job at the Ralston as compared to Lincoln and Kearney. 

As for taking a a dig at Omaha in general based upon one or two instances, well, surely you have more class than that.

Edited by redwing77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saints Fan 22

Saints also pulled the trigger in the goaltending department, sending Jaxon Castor to Shreveport, adding James Durham from them.  Durham led the NAHL in GAA and save %.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
1 hour ago, Saints Fan 22 said:

Saints also pulled the trigger in the goaltending department, sending Jaxon Castor to Shreveport, adding James Durham from them.  Durham led the NAHL in GAA and save %.  

Wow, they pulled the trigger after 3 yrs.  Weaver has been ok with a .902 SPG but I guess they're going with the NAHL kid.  I could be wrong on this but every time I watch the Saints, and I watch at least parts of all of em, the have some huge breakdowns in their slot area.  Been awhile since I've seen them last vs the Steel a couple weeks ago but their were still coverage problems.

New guy: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=393526

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
2 hours ago, redwing77 said:

Did this happen in Waterloo on Sunday or was this the old pictures from before?

 

I sat right in front of the goal line in Kearney when Driscoll was in net and he didn't pile the shavings there nor have I noticed this at the Ralston Arena or in Lincoln.

 

Obviously this isn't legal and it is sad to see him do this, but I find it odd that he's done this at least once (twice?) now? 

 

Why is it sad?  Many say if you ain't cheatin you ain't trying.  Now corking your bat, roiding up or scuffing the ball is out of bounds for me but pilin some snow, if the ref or other team misses something so obvious, is just getting an edge to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
3 hours ago, redwing77 said:

Agreed.  The Bucs have made some moves and I'm curious as to what that makes of them.  Omaha will be without a few key players this week in Jack Randl and Jesper Peltonen.  I was told that Zach Driscoll is good to go, but he looked to be in rough shape last Friday when he was roughed up 3 times.  He seemed to be favoring his upper legs/groin area, especially on the left side.

We're still giving up a TON of shots on goal, but limiting the quality opportunities (quality opportunities lead to goals, sure, but as a fan, being outshot badly makes me nervous).  I'm still amazed at our PK unit.  No idea where they stand amongst the USHL statistically but it would not shock me if they were top 3.

I think the key in any game vs. Omaha is limiting mistakes and winning faceoffs.  I don't believe Omaha is that good at home in 1 point games.  I've seen two and both went to OT (Omaha won one in OT and won the other in a shootout).

77, go to the main USHL page, mouse over stats at the top of the page, you'll get a drop down menu, at the very bottom click Daily Report, a new page will open with hours of stats to go over.  This is the page you'll be directed to     http://cluster.leaguestat.com/download.php?client_code=ushl&file_path=daily-report/daily-report.html....... What amazes me most is team plus minus.  Lotta surprises there.  Steel were -25-30ish as a team but rolling cuz the PP was sizzling.  The numbers said they were in for a correction and it came......... Bet if you scrub some stats you'll find some numbers that will correct.

Anyway OM is 2nd in PK and 7th in PP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saints Fan 22
19 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Wow, they pulled the trigger after 3 yrs.  Weaver has been ok with a .902 SPG but I guess they're going with the NAHL kid.  I could be wrong on this but every time I watch the Saints, and I watch at least parts of all of em, the have some huge breakdowns in their slot area.  Been awhile since I've seen them last vs the Steel a couple weeks ago but their were still coverage problems.

New guy: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=393526

I'll say this about Weaver,  he makes the easy saves look easy,  ultimately that was the difference between him and Castor. I don't think he is a climb on my back I'm gonna win a playoff series kind of goalie,  but i haven't seen him really lose a game yet either.  Saints have 13 of next 18 on the road,  so you can bet the new guy sees a lot of opportunities.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
casemagnum

2 games in a row he has done this in Sioux City while playing SC. Once the first of December in SC and the other New Year's Eve. I have pictures from Jurusik not doing it. Driscoll is the only goalie that is this blatant. Most shove it off to the side or shove to the back of the net. I wish you could see the video taken of how blatant! It is a poor job of the refs to ignore when the goal judge made it know to the ref also. They were told by a couple people associated with SC and still failed to do anything. Each year it seems the refs keep getting worse and yes for and against both teams. They become less knowledgeable of the rules each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iowaninja

Lot of turn over with the refs this season.  Lots of new faces.  It is a development league for them as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maiden
1 hour ago, iowaninja said:

Lot of turn over with the refs this season.  Lots of new faces.  It is a development league for them as well

Since the NCAA season began the quality of officiating in the USHL has been atrocious. It appears there are a lot of rookie referees this season. A lot of new faces and names. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redwing77
3 hours ago, casemagnum said:

2 games in a row he has done this in Sioux City while playing SC. Once the first of December in SC and the other New Year's Eve. I have pictures from Jurusik not doing it. Driscoll is the only goalie that is this blatant. Most shove it off to the side or shove to the back of the net. I wish you could see the video taken of how blatant! It is a poor job of the refs to ignore when the goal judge made it know to the ref also. They were told by a couple people associated with SC and still failed to do anything. Each year it seems the refs keep getting worse and yes for and against both teams. They become less knowledgeable of the rules each year.

Fair enough, but calling him out one time, which results in a penalty, should solve the issue.  This is a ref issue not an Omaha issue.  As Rico said, if they aren't going to enforce the rules, then it's only a suggestion to follow them.

 

My feeling is this:  It's a developmental league for refs and, yeah, they're not very good this year.  However, I'd rather have fans pissed off that a goaltender is doing something dishonest rather than watch what happened in Omaha 3 or 4 years ago when current UNO Mav and former Lancer Zach Jordan lay face down at the offensive blueline after being elbowed to the face... NO CALL (the league later assessed a suspension, but still) and then watch Matt Meier get a 2 minute for roughing for retaliation.  Or... have a 5 minute major for spearing called on your team by the opposing bench 3-4 minutes in game time after the supposed event occurred (Lancers vs. Waterloo later that same season).  Heck, I remember the Lincoln Stars skating down the ice and having Frye called for a 5 minute major AFTER Lincoln scored, when the major occurred before they scored!  All of these occurrances have not happened to my knowledge this year.  Player safety is #1 by a LONG SHOT.  That's something I have noticed the refs have done well, on average, this year in Lancer games at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iowaninja

On some of those major calls, is it possible the ref didn’t see it was was informed by the linesmen at the first stop in play as to what happened?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldschool

Why do some USHL games have 2 referees and 2 linesmen and others have 1 referee and 2 linesmen? This has also happened in back to backs I have noticed. IMO this changes the way the games are called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WahooLancer
14 hours ago, casemagnum said:

2 games in a row he has done this in Sioux City while playing SC. Once the first of December in SC and the other New Year's Eve. I have pictures from Jurusik not doing it. Driscoll is the only goalie that is this blatant. Most shove it off to the side or shove to the back of the net. I wish you could see the video taken of how blatant! It is a poor job of the refs to ignore when the goal judge made it know to the ref also. They were told by a couple people associated with SC and still failed to do anything. Each year it seems the refs keep getting worse and yes for and against both teams. They become less knowledgeable of the rules each year.

Or maybe Driscoll does it to get into Sioux City's head.  Obviously he is in your head. 

Like Rico said, sports has a lot of gamesmanship.  How many guys in the USHL play with sticks past the allowable bend in the blade?  How many guys cheat on draws?  How many guys get away with slashes or holds when the ref isn't looking?  H

Ok, so Driscoll piles snow around his net.  Point made.  Time to move on.

Tom

Wahoo, NE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyFan16

Driscoll also piled snow in Omaha, against Waterloo in late December.  I thought it was very odd only because I've never seen a goalie push snow out of his crease, onto the playing surface.  I typically seem them push it in their net or along the outside edge of their goal.  So seeing him push it out caught my eye.  But I didn't realize it was a penalty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MSgt

He also did it in Lincoln last Friday night. It was not a high pile, but it was a pile and in the same spot. I don't know what other rinks do, but Lincoln cleans the crease half way through each period. That might be why it was not as big pile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
casemagnum

So we have a repeat offender and the league does nothing! I have seen them measure stick length and curves and hand out penalties. Same should be done here. Once a cheater always a cheater. Maybe take away the points from Omaha in those games the actions were done in. That would end that problem then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turk181
1 hour ago, MSgt said:

He also did it in Lincoln last Friday night. It was not a high pile, but it was a pile and in the same spot. I don't know what other rinks do, but Lincoln cleans the crease half way through each period. That might be why it was not as big pile.

Interesting. RPI started doing that last year; clean the creases & shovel along the edges. They do it at the first convenient break after the 10min. mark. I wondered if other Teams do it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×