Jump to content
CottonEyeJoe42

Rosters

Recommended Posts

DEADpanBUC
On 1/10/2018 at 6:47 PM, Mr Ricochet said:

Bucs showing FOUR goalies on the roster:   http://www.ushl.com/view/#/roster/12/62?league=1

0 Roman Durny G May 28, 1998 6.01 209 L Liptovsky Mikulas, SVK
0 Sebastian Katajainen G Aug 6, 2001 6.00 157 L Helsinki, FIN
33 Jake Kucharski G Sep 25, 1999 6.04 215 L Erie, PA
35 Ryan Snowden

They sent Snowden to Central Illinois. I haven't heard or saw anything of the kid from Finland. 

 

Edited by DEADpanBUC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chipper Fan
1 hour ago, i-pod said:

Muskegon drops Brizgala adds Defensemen  Alexander Yakovenko

A decent pickup for the league's hottest team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redwing77

Did Brizgala bolt for another league or was he just not doing well?  I thought he was established as a goaltender in the USHL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i-pod
13 minutes ago, redwing77 said:

Did Brizgala bolt for another league or was he just not doing well?  I thought he was established as a goaltender in the USHL?

He hasn’t played in a game with Muskegon since early November. I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked for his release to return to Europe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redwing77
Just now, i-pod said:

He hasn’t played in a game with Muskegon since early November. I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked for his release to return to Europe!

Interesting.  I just notice these things more than anything else since Omaha lately hasn't had much in the way of continuity regarding goaltending.  I thought Brizgala was a pretty good goaltender, but that may be because when I've seen him play, it was against a bad Lancer team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
15 hours ago, redwing77 said:

Did Brizgala bolt for another league or was he just not doing well?  I thought he was established as a goaltender in the USHL?

Briz came into the season as the Jacks' #1.  Kid nearly split time with 3rd rd Detroit pick Petrozzelli last yr getting 28 games to Petro's 35.  He was 15-8-3-1 with a .914 SPG last yr while Petro put up a .918 SPG. 

I agree it's probable that not playing Briz for 2 months he probably asked to be moved, and rightly so IMO.  Tough yr so far for him but he's a proven USHL level goalie and can reasonably be counted on for 20-25% of the starts a backup is asked of.  The roster show 00 Borgiel is up from the NAHL where he had some poor numbers but going by his draft status is highly thought of.  Jacks better hope Karki stays healthy.

Borgiel:  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=283947

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iowaninja
53 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Jacks better hope Karki stays healthy.

 

And out of trouble.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
8 minutes ago, iowaninja said:

And out of trouble.  

It's good to see Karki comfortable.  Kid has obvious upside and potential.  ...... I watch a lot of Jacks and the kid has the look and is no fluke this yr.  Jacks are a real fun watch right now and as good a chance to represent the East as any team.  As Jacks fan mentioned both games against the streaking 1st place Gamblers was never in question, and that was done with top points man Bongiovanni out and top 6 center Kondelik out as well.  And despite losing two top 4 Dmen two weeks ago to the NCAA. 

The adversity they've gone thru all yr has made for a next man up battle hardened group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i-pod
2 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Briz came into the season as the Jacks' #1.  Kid nearly split time with 3rd rd Detroit pick Petrozzelli last yr getting 28 games to Petro's 35.  He was 15-8-3-1 with a .914 SPG last yr while Petro put up a .918 SPG. 

I agree it's probable that not playing Briz for 2 months he probably asked to be moved, and rightly so IMO.  Tough yr so far for him but he's a proven USHL level goalie and can reasonably be counted on for 20-25% of the starts a backup is asked of.  The roster show 00 Borgiel is up from the NAHL where he had some poor numbers but going by his draft status is highly thought of.  Jacks better hope Karki stays healthy.

Borgiel:  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=283947

I can’t see them going with Borgiel as the backup the rest of the way. I think they will add another goalie at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i-pod

Muskegon just tweeted out that Briz is gonna report to Brookings (NAHL). He is gonna be one hell of a goalie in the NAHL! When Briz can get on a roll he is as good as any goalie in the USHL. He just got off to a rough start this year! He will be missed here Muskegon! I was reading a post about him on Facebook last night that even though he got cut Saturday night he still went bowling with the jacks kids club on Sunday.  I think that says a lot about him!

 

Muskegon also said today is the import deadline.

Edited by i-pod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet

I agree, i-pod the Jacks will probably keep an eye open for a #2.  The Bucs still have 3 rostered goalies as does Omaha.  .... Just interesting to me how LaFontaine went with a near split last yr while Petro clearly showed NHL possibilities and this yr refuses to allow anyone other than Karki in goal.  A complete reversal in how to handle the position.

I understand the Jacks were wallowing near the cellar for a good bit but not anymore.  Seems it's ok to coach the team for tomorrow and not just today as the urgency for points is no longer an issue. 

Thanks for the heads up on Briz going to the NAHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chipper Fan

The league's hockey ops Twitter account is indicating that Jacob Nordqvist has been dealt from Fargo to Madison for a draft pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
54 minutes ago, turk181 said:

elite prospects showing Swedish Dman, Jakob Ringsby, showing up with TC..... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=287836

Wow.  An 18yr old Dman with 85+ games in the SuperElit league after adding two top 6 forwards in Hentges and Madden.  .

Great find, Turk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
1 hour ago, Chipper Fan said:

The league's hockey ops Twitter account is indicating that Jacob Nordqvist has been dealt from Fargo to Madison for a draft pick. 

Believe today is the deadline to trade an import and this kid is a Swede.  Another with a lot of games in the Swedish SuperElit League. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HockeyFan16
2 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Wow.  An 18yr old Dman with 85+ games in the SuperElit league after adding two top 6 forwards in Hentges and Madden.  .

Great find, Turk.

He's actually a forward.

Hoping he can fill in the space left by Charlie Dovorany!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
54 minutes ago, HockeyFan16 said:

He's actually a forward.

Hoping he can fill in the space left by Charlie Dovorany!

Thanks for the correction, 16.......... Dovorany was a centerman?  What line?   ........ This could be even worse for the competition, the kid being a forward instead of a Dman, assuming the Swede is a center and can play top 9.  .......Not like the top GA club in the league needs help on the back end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet

For the record today the Storm are in 16th scoring at 2.52 goals per game and 1st at 1.97 GA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redwing77
Just now, Chipper Fan said:

I know Dovorany has been hurt but is he gone? What's with replacing him? 

Correct me if I'm wrong (and someone will, I guarantee it), but if a player is on season ending IR, the team can bring in a replacement either from the affiliate list or by signing a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×