Jump to content
CottonEyeJoe42

Rosters

Recommended Posts

redwing77
8 hours ago, Mr Ricochet said:

jf plante @jfplante_Droit 11h11 hours ago

The Slovak Samuel Bucek refused the offer of the #olympiques to finish the season in Gatineau. His agent said he's fine where he is with the Chicago Steel #USHL #ledroit

 

My bias will show here but..

I'm always a huge fan of these types of occurances.  It's an irrational feeling of mine to say this but it always seemed in the past that whatever Major Juniors wanted, they got.  That's why I was so stoked when Jonathon Toews turned his nose up at the WHL and went to UND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
3 minutes ago, redwing77 said:

My bias will show here but..

I'm always a huge fan of these types of occurances.  It's an irrational feeling of mine to say this but it always seemed in the past that whatever Major Juniors wanted, they got.  That's why I was so stoked when Jonathon Toews turned his nose up at the WHL and went to UND.

You are not wrong, 77.  US players going to Major Junior has been quickly and drastically declining for yrs now.   The NCAA route is really proving it's worth for many US, Canadian and Euro players now too.

17 Dec 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smalt21
36 minutes ago, Mr Ricochet said:

  The NCAA route is really proving it's worth for many US, Canadian and Euro players now too.

 

4 Elite Canada kids committed to NCAA courtesy of BCHL in the 01 class:  (Let's hope they remain committed and maybe spend 1 year in USHL)

Alex Swetlikoff ----- Denver

Luke Reid   ---------- UND

Alex Newhook ------- BC

Harrison Blaisdell ---- UND

Edited by smalt21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redwing77
6 minutes ago, smalt21 said:

4 Elite Canada kids committed to NCAA courtesy of BCHL in the 01 class:  (Let's hope they remain committed and maybe spend 1 year in USHL)

Alex Swetlikoff ----- Denver

Luke Reid   ---------- UND

Alex Newhook ------- BC

Harrison Blaisdell ---- BC

I have Blaisdell going to UND.  When did he flip his commitment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
herbst20

Des Moines adds Sloviakia goalie Roman Durny.  Was spectacular for them at the WJC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smalt21
7 minutes ago, redwing77 said:

I have Blaisdell going to UND.  When did he flip his commitment?

 

7 minutes ago, redwing77 said:

I have Blaisdell going to UND.  When did he flip his commitment?

Your correct, looked at that wrong---UND. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
9 minutes ago, herbst20 said:

Des Moines adds Sloviakia goalie Roman Durny.  Was spectacular for them at the WJC

WOW, great for the Bucs and the league!!  This kid didn't come cheap as I'm assuming he's on "loan" from Team Slovakia.  This is what an ownership in it to win it brings their fans and the league.......   Damn right he was spectacular facing tons of rubber and keeping his team in and upsetting the US.  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=275725

 

Great find, herby!:beers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DEADpanBUC

Contrary to what this said, it seems that Sebastian Katajainen from Helsinki, Finland has been added to the roster. He is from the Iowa Wild AAA. 

1515198358419609086979.jpg

Edited by DEADpanBUC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maiden

Michael Vukojevic (highly touted Canadian 2001 D prospect Michigan commit) was dropped by Green Bay late last week.

 

Edited by Maiden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
On 1/5/2018 at 6:25 PM, DEADpanBUC said:

Contrary to what this said, it seems that Sebastian Katajainen from Helsinki, Finland has been added to the roster. He is from the Iowa Wild AAA. 

1515198358419609086979.jpg

Bucs showing FOUR goalies on the roster:   http://www.ushl.com/view/#/roster/12/62?league=1

0 Roman Durny G May 28, 1998 6.01 209 L Liptovsky Mikulas, SVK
0 Sebastian Katajainen G Aug 6, 2001 6.00 157 L Helsinki, FIN
33 Jake Kucharski G Sep 25, 1999 6.04 215 L Erie, PA
35 Ryan Snowden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maiden

USHL rosters show anybody who has suited up for a game this season. It's a horrible method trying to see who is on a team and who isn't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
5 minutes ago, Maiden said:

USHL rosters show anybody who has suited up for a game this season. It's a horrible method trying to see who is on a team and who isn't.

 

Good point........ And the reason message boards and Twitter flourish with "speculation".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
herbst20
Just now, Maiden said:

3 different leagues in less than 3 years. Don't see that very often. Next stop the Q?

Kadlec was in the Cedar Rapids Futures Camp years ago and he was head and shoulders better than anyone there.  I have been shocked by his lack of production in the Dub and OHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
2 minutes ago, Maiden said:

3 different leagues in less than 3 years. Don't see that very often. Next stop the Q?

Nice catch, I noticed that too.  His 4th jr team in 3 yrs......... Also noticed he played his bantam hockey in Des Moines while listed as born in Chicago with US and Canadian citizenship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
3 minutes ago, herbst20 said:

Kadlec was in the Cedar Rapids Futures Camp years ago and he was head and shoulders better than anyone there.  I have been shocked by his lack of production in the Dub and OHL.

With the way SC has caught fire if this kid finds the game you saw they will be a factor.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MadhouseOnHickman

Quick question, I see Jake Barczewski has been the starter for Tri-City recently, when does Larsson return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Ricochet
7 hours ago, MadhouseOnHickman said:

Quick question, I see Jake Barczewski has been the starter for Tri-City recently, when does Larsson return?

Last I knew he was due back from the WJC this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×