CottonEyeJoe42

Rosters

Saints Fan 22
2 hours ago, herbst20 said:

Looks like Dubuque is adding a forward at the break:

Interesting...really loading up on scorers, which is exactly what they need to do.  Hopefully things mesh quickly and this group can get some consistency, one night they look like legitimate cup contenders, next night they look like a team that will be lucky to get a playoff spot.  

Jimmythegreek

Don't know if this is where I should put this info but.....

I have heard Dman Mike Campoli has left Boston College and is supposedly going to Penticton of BCHL

captamer7
7 hours ago, Jimmythegreek said:

Don't know if this is where I should put this info but.....

I have heard Dman Mike Campoli has left Boston College and is supposedly going to Penticton of BCHL

Sioux City has picked up the USHL rights of Campoli. Assuming he is still going to BCHL since he tweeted about it. Would really help Muskies on the back end.

Mr Ricochet
11 hours ago, Saints Fan 22 said:

Interesting...really loading up on scorers, which is exactly what they need to do.  Hopefully things mesh quickly and this group can get some consistency, one night they look like legitimate cup contenders, next night they look like a team that will be lucky to get a playoff spot.  

14 hours ago, herbst20 said:

Looks like Dubuque is adding a forward at the break:

Nice looking 2000.  Kid has decent size, represented Finland in the Ivan Hlinka Tournament and is near a point per game in the top Finnish junior league.  ......... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=375953

i-pod

Muskegon loses anther dman! Colin Murphy is enrolling at Northestern for the winter semester! 

Edited by i-pod

DM47
2 hours ago, i-pod said:

Muskegon loses anther dman! Colin Murphy is enrolling at Northestern for the winter semester! 

Man, the hits keep coming for Muskegon.  They seemed like they were starting to get things rolling and now two big losses for them. 

CottonEyeJoe42

The Flying Aces have added a pair of players at the break picking up Green and Breault from the Stampede in exchange for Reifenberger and picks

Edited by CottonEyeJoe42

Chipper Fan

Interesting to see trades being made over the holidays when the NHL goes into a freeze. USHLers have to pick up and move while NHLers (assuming for family reasons) stay. 

Mr Ricochet
9 hours ago, i-pod said:

That is rough losing TWO top 6 guys.  But we all watched the Steel win a cup going thru the playoffs skating just 4 Dmen so all hope shouldn't be lost.   Plenty of time for the Jacks to address this.       A link from the Jacks talking about the D situation.  

Maiden
1 hour ago, Chipper Fan said:

Interesting to see trades being made over the holidays when the NHL goes into a freeze. USHLers have to pick up and move while NHLers (assuming for family reasons) stay. 

It's actually done with schooling in mind. Holiday break usually coincides with semester break.

Chipper Fan

That sound you hear is me slapping my forehead and saying, "Why didn't I think of this?" Thanks, Maiden. I'm stunned I didn't catch that before, that makes a lot of sense. 

BackCheck
7 hours ago, Chipper Fan said:

That sound you hear is me slapping my forehead and saying, "Why didn't I think of this?" Thanks, Maiden. I'm stunned I didn't catch that before, that makes a lot of sense. 

And no that's not an echo, you're not the only one that didn't occur to.

iowaninja

In some ways it is, no player can be brought up from a non junior team after the first of the year.   

Maiden
1 hour ago, iowaninja said:

In some ways it is, no player can be brought up from a non junior team after the first of the year.   

I believe non junior players are eligible to play once there youth season is completed.

Jimmythegreek

Any player on teams protected list should be eligible any time during pre-season, regular and playoffs.

No others

Maiden
9 hours ago, Jimmythegreek said:

Any player on teams protected list should be eligible any time during pre-season, regular and playoffs.

No others

Protected = 23 man roster plus 18 affiliates?

Jimmythegreek
12 hours ago, Maiden said:

Protected = 23 man roster plus 18 affiliates?

Yes

Mr Ricochet

26 minutes ago

TRADE ALERT: The Musketeers have traded forward Mathieu De St. Phalle to the Omaha Lancers in exchange for forward Aaron Grounds. Get the full details below.

The Musketeers have traded forward Mathieu De St. Phalle to the Omaha Lancers the team announced Saturday afternoon. In return for De St. Phalle the Musketeers received forward Aaron Grounds, a 2018 2nd round pick, and 2018 6th round pick.

De St. Phalle  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=283937

Grounds:  http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=364178

OmahaHockeyFan

Surprised by this move.  I can't question Wilkie though.  His coaching and eye for talent have been excellent.  Lancers have to be running out of roster additions so they're likely to be more selective.

I've always been interested in Wilkie's thoughts on the Emilio Pettersen trade as it came before he accepted the job.  At the time, the move was explained as building for the future.  But Wilkie obviously has no interest in a throw away season.

Mr Ricochet
13 hours ago, OmahaHockeyFan said:

Surprised by this move.  I can't question Wilkie though.  His coaching and eye for talent have been excellent.  Lancers have to be running out of roster additions so they're likely to be more selective.

I've always been interested in Wilkie's thoughts on the Emilio Pettersen trade as it came before he accepted the job.  At the time, the move was explained as building for the future.  But Wilkie obviously has no interest in a throw away season.

I watch for Pettersen every time I watch the Jacks and I see pretty much every Jack game.  IMO the 2000 is the kind of player who will make or break the Jacks' season.  Hard to say where he will slot due to all the Jack injuries but he's been on the 2nd and 3rd lines.  An extremely skilled kid who played 52 games last yr as a 16 yr old putting up 27 points.  This yr he has 15 points in 23 games being shuffled up and down.

A consistent lineup and defined role this kid could be a difference maker for the Jacks this yr and next. 

casemagnum

I think SC actually came out on top of this transaction with Omaha. They got a bigger player and some good draft picks for just one player whom had not done much here. Best of wishes to both players. A lot of times it can be good for both.