CottonEyeJoe42

Rosters

iowaninja

Every player scratched on Saturday was out with an injury, they skated a defenseman at forward to skate a full roster of players, but lost 1 to injury during the game.   

i-pod

Muskegon sends Sheriff to Austin Bruins(NAHL) in exchange for Benito Posa!

MadhouseOnHickman
39 minutes ago, i-pod said:

Who? haha

Mr Ricochet
6 hours ago, i-pod said:

Hey Brah, The Sheriff is still on the roster and no mention of him being moved:   Lumberjacks add forward Posa from Austin

Not saying you're wrong just that I see nothing to make it official.  Where did you hear The Sheriff was chased out of town?  Kid is helpful in the bottom 6 but IMO Ott was even better and they 86ed that kid too. 

Jimmythegreek

I don't think so,

Players are starting to learn that when you join NTDP after 1st year you will almost never succeed because you will never see PP or top 3 lines.

Ask Lapointe ( Lincoln ) how much ice time he had when he just played over seas with them.

Probably just fill in with different u18 / Prep players to finish season

whoever wants to jump into that spot has almost no chance to play in u18 WC's

Mr Ricochet
19 hours ago, Jimmythegreek said:

I don't think so,

Players are starting to learn that when you join NTDP after 1st year you will almost never succeed because you will never see PP or top 3 lines.

Ask Lapointe ( Lincoln ) how much ice time he had when he just played over seas with them.

Probably just fill in with different u18 / Prep players to finish season

whoever wants to jump into that spot has almost no chance to play in u18 WC's

Interesting take, Greek.  This has evolved over time, kids realizing if they were a late add they wouldn't see much time?  If so they should have known as much, no?  ........ Have the U-18's had a hard time filling the roster in season?

Chipper Fan
34 minutes ago, herbst20 said:

https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/status/937001386197299200

NTDP adds Fargo's Savage for game vs Michigan

Good for Savage. He's getting quality exposure to Team USA. He's not flashy by any means but from what I've seen, he has all of the makings of a successful college player. Strong on the puck, smart, good positionally. 

Jimmythegreek
1 hour ago, Mr Ricochet said:

Interesting take, Greek.  This has evolved over time, kids realizing if they were a late add they wouldn't see much time?  If so they should have known as much, no?  ........ Have the U-18's had a hard time filling the roster in season?

No, mostly injuries.

Historically they don't like to call up u17 NTDP players until end of Jan - Feb.

CottonEyeJoe42
15 hours ago, turk181 said:

Ben Thomas, SF, to Powell River of BCHL.... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=300608

I’d be fairly certain this was Thomas wanting out, he was a (seemingly) healthy scratch fairly consistently and didn’t see a ton of ice time when he was in the lineup. Wish him all the best, good kid.

iowaninja

Riders add defenseman Matt Denman from the MN Magicians of the NAHL, drop or trade defenseman Bradley Stonnell 

andyscanlon
1 hour ago, iowaninja said:

Riders add defenseman Matt Denman from the MN Magicians of the NAHL, drop or trade defenseman Bradley Stonnell 

98 Uncommitted who put up 21 points and +2 rating in 26 games with the MN Magicians.  Pretty good numbers for a d-man.  

Stonnell was a healthy scratch this past Saturday vs Sioux Falls. 

Edited by andyscanlon

Chipper Fan

I saw Denman at a game earlier this year. This is a good get for CR. Puts up solid points, doesn't make many mistakes on the back end. 

herbst20

Denman was in CR camp this summer and looked as if he could get a roster spot then. Things didn't work out but happy to see the Riders add him. 

My notes from camp said: solid 2 way defenseman who isn't going to wow you with skill or speed but rather responsible and can jump up in the rush when needed. Scored a goal on a rebound .

herbst20

Looks like Carlson's additions are making immediate impacts.  Granowicz with 4 pts in 5 games and Denman with a pair of weekend assists.