CottonEyeJoe42

Rosters

FLHockeyMom
9 hours ago, herbst20 said:

Yep, I checked the game sheet on www.collegehockeynews.com this AM and see that Michael Pastujov was at two places at once.  My bad, someone must've impersonated him in the USHL last evening!  I suppose it should come as no surprise to anyone here that there was a discrepancy with the USHL rosters.  In any event, good for the FL boy for making his collegiate debut last evening!

herbst20

I talked to Yeti last night and he said the #21 that played for Lincoln was Ashbrook. 

Alot is strange about this situation

FLHockeyMom
16 minutes ago, herbst20 said:

I talked to Yeti last night and he said the #21 that played for Lincoln was Ashbrook. 

Alot is strange about this situation

We are acquainted with the family - my son was coached by the dad and played with the older boy, and practiced with Michael before he left Florida for Michigan AAA.  That having been said, that was long ago and we're not recently in touch, so I don't pretend to know ANYTHING about the situation.  I have read that he's been oft-injured, so I suppose it could it be that.  Or perhaps it's disappointment with the fact that Hughes and Norris, both Michigan Frosh as well, have played in all Michigan games to date while Pastujov had yet to dress.

Mr Ricochet
16 hours ago, OutdoorJoe said:

Not sure if this has already been talked about or not,  CIFA have added Wojciech Stachowiak,  a forward from Poland/Germany.   12-12-24 in 12 games at previous team

STACHOWIAK WOJCIECH 07/1999 OTH TC Forward JungAdler Mannheim U19 IIHF Team 11/10/2017

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=215916

Missed this, thanks OJ.......... Looks like a really nice add so far.  Kid is fitting in with 2 goals an assist and a +4 in two games.  Moves like this aren't cheap.  Hats off to ownership for giving the fans a better club.

My guess is we'll see CI look to add a top pairing Dman who can QB the PP before the TDL.  IMO that is their biggest weakness this yr.

smalt21

Youth Hockey Hub has confirmed with multiple sources that former Grand Rapids forward Blake McLaughlin will remain with the United States Hockey League's Chicago Steel for the 2017-2018 season. 

TheShow
On 11/13/2017 at 4:40 PM, herbst20 said:

Blake just tweeted it a bit ago

Kudos to the kid for wanting to wear big boy pants. Gets my respect.

herbst20

Northeastern commit Neil Shea has apparently left Cedar Rapids and has returned to Lawrence Academy out east.  Dont know the reasoning behind this but seems odd.

andyscanlon
40 minutes ago, herbst20 said:

Northeastern commit Neil Shea has apparently left Cedar Rapids and has returned to Lawrence Academy out east.  Dont know the reasoning behind this but seems odd.

Chance we could see Silianoff sooner rather than later? 

FLHockeyMom
1 hour ago, herbst20 said:

My guess is that this is not unlike a MN HS player leaving the USHL and going back to play for the MN state championship.  NE prep season is upon us, and he may be more interested in pursuing an Elite 8 championship.  Again, just pure speculation on my part, having a son who recently played NE prep.

herbst20
54 minutes ago, andyscanlon said:

Chance we could see Silianoff sooner rather than later? 

You may see him brought in for a few games but I dont think it will be a permanent thing.  Yes CR is down to 11 healthy forwards now, but you also got 4 forwards who are hurt.  Polin, Walsh, Messina, and DenBeste will all be back sometime.   I would hate to bring someone in and then have to cut or trade someone

herbst20
2 minutes ago, FLHockeyMom said:

My guess is that this is not unlike a MN HS player leaving the USHL and going back to play for the MN state championship.  NE prep season is upon us, and he may be more interested in pursuing an Elite 8 championship.  Again, just pure speculation on my part, having a son who recently played NE prep.

From my understanding this wasnt the plan, but I will leave it at that.