Sign in to follow this  
desmoinesduster

Hockey Youtuber Rates USHL Logos

desmoinesduster    0
desmoinesduster

A decently popular hockey youtuber posted a video today rating all the USHL logos (except Team USA). I'm pretty sure he puts stuff out everyday about different things hockey so feel free to look at his other videos.

Yeti    0
Yeti

He voted Bloomington because he likes trains and transportation. Ok.

redwing77    0
redwing77

I get it that this is subjective but...

I like the colors?

I like pirates?

He mixes good criticism like the criticism of the Waterloo logo or the leg on the Gambler logo or even the font for the Fargo logo, but then says things like "the pirate is ugly but I like pirates so..."

Good exposure I guess, but not a great ranking.

My rankings for logos would be:

16. Waterloo (I agree with him... they could've done a lot more than the so called "black banana")

15. Fargo Force

14. Dubuque Fighting Saints

13. Chicago Steel

12. Des Moines Buccaneers

11. Green Bay Gamblers

10. Lincoln Stars

9. Youngstown Phantoms

8. Madison Capitols*

7. Tri City Storm

6. Sioux Falls Stampede

5. Omaha Lancers

4. Muskegon Lumberjacks

3. Bloomington Thunder

2. Sioux City Musketeers

1. Cedar Rapids Roughriders

* I downgraded Madison's logo because it is the only logo (being generous to Youngstown's logo) that doesn't have at least 1 symbol of the sport the team plays in the logo. I say being generous to Youngstown because the logo featured says "hockey" and the border of the image can be argued that it is stacked pucks).

What about you guys?

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Nice find, Duster. Of course very subjective and cool they took the time to do it. The Saints logo is so clean, simple in its design and easy on the eye you can't ever rank it that low. A graphics art guy, like the kid was said to be, should recognize that. Same with the Stampede and Waterloo who's bird reminds me of a biblical image that makes me wonder if that was the intent.. Kid didn't like the black and yellow of the Gamblers as he was wearing a Canadiens jersey. Colors that are very familiar to huge rival Boston's black and gold. ...........

No rankings for me. Like them all but I love simplicity of design, something not too busy and SF, WTL, DBQ fit that mold. Steel a little bit too.

TheShow    0
TheShow

He voted Bloomington because he likes trains and transportation. Ok.

lol.

Didn't watch the video, but this confirms I won't be watching.

desmoinesduster    0
desmoinesduster

I get it that this is subjective but...

I like the colors?

I like pirates?

He mixes good criticism like the criticism of the Waterloo logo or the leg on the Gambler logo or even the font for the Fargo logo, but then says things like "the pirate is ugly but I like pirates so..."

Good exposure I guess, but not a great ranking.

My rankings for logos would be:

16. Waterloo (I agree with him... they could've done a lot more than the so called "black banana")

15. Fargo Force

14. Dubuque Fighting Saints

13. Chicago Steel

12. Des Moines Buccaneers

11. Green Bay Gamblers

10. Lincoln Stars

9. Youngstown Phantoms

8. Madison Capitols*

7. Tri City Storm

6. Sioux Falls Stampede

5. Omaha Lancers

4. Muskegon Lumberjacks

3. Bloomington Thunder

2. Sioux City Musketeers

1. Cedar Rapids Roughriders

* I downgraded Madison's logo because it is the only logo (being generous to Youngstown's logo) that doesn't have at least 1 symbol of the sport the team plays in the logo. I say being generous to Youngstown because the logo featured says "hockey" and the border of the image can be argued that it is stacked pucks).

What about you guys?

It was weird to me because he pointed out things that I had never seen before, like the leg in the Gambler's logo.