Sign in to follow this  
Saints Fan 22

Schedule

Maiden

The league only took out 1 week of the regular season.

This season is starting 2 weeks later but only extended by 1 week in April. So for most teams its adding only 2 games somwhere along the way.

Sykotyk

The league only took out 1 week of the regular season.

This season is starting 2 weeks later but only extended by 1 week in April. So for most teams its adding only 2 games somwhere along the way.

At least in Ohio, avoiding competition with high school football is a big issue. I don't go to the Friday night games then either. So, most of the games being after the Ohio season is done and that's no longer the major sports story in the valley each weekend is a good thing. Week day games may work, but it's not so much marketing them as it is just marketing the team and getting more fans to any of the games.

MadhouseOnHickman

Just having a chance to look at CRs schedule. 11 of the 1st 15 games are on the road...yikes

Oh my goodness...

Mr Ricochet

Just having a chance to look at CRs schedule. 11 of the 1st 15 games are on the road...yikes

Oh my goodness...

There's a few of those going around, Hick. Steel play 10 of the last 14 games on the road including 7 of the last 9 and 4 of last 5!!

MadhouseOnHickman

Oh my goodness...

There's a few of those going around, Hick. Steel play 10 of the last 14 games on the road including 7 of the last 9 and 4 of last 5!!

That preps them well for the playoffs :)

casemagnum

The only downfall could be IF they lose a lot of those games and get in a mental funk that they are no good. That could be hard to get out of and affect them for the rest of the season. You want to get off to a good start and think you can't get beat and are better than all the others. A good start goes a long way in sports psychology.

Mr Ricochet

The only downfall could be IF they lose a lot of those games and get in a mental funk that they are no good. That could be hard to get out of and affect them for the rest of the season. You want to get off to a good start and think you can't get beat and are better than all the others. A good start goes a long way in sports psychology.

I think this where where coaching is the difference at this level. Some kids are away from home for the first time, new school, new home and the highest level they've ever played at. Challenge after challenge and this is where a coach, and vet players, can help kids deal with those challenges.

Many coaches break the schedule down into say 5 game increments so a full 60 game schedule with its ups and downs doesn't seem so daunting and a group can experience some successes when they are below .500. Lets say a group starts off 5-10 but took the last 5 game increment 4-1 or 3-2. The overall record isn't good but a coach finds positives for the players to feel improvement/success.

Mr Ricochet

Oh my goodness...

That preps them well for the playoffs :)

I like the way you think, MadMan. Glass always half full.......... The Steel also have a stretch of 7 straight at home and one where 15 of 18 are at home. It equals out is the point. Away games can be especially tough as far as travel if it's unreasonable. IIRC CR had a particularly brutal stretch last year where they were crisscrossing the map in a condensed fashion.