Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

2017 Ivan Hlinka Tournament/USHL Well Represented at USA Hockey Select 17 Camp

Maiden

Looks like USA won 5th place game in OT over Finland. Anyone catch it live? Details?

No, but that has to be a disappointing tournament for the US side.

For informational purposes it should be noted that 7 of the 8 countries participating in this event send there top team.

The USA sends players from there June U17 development camp and not the NDTP team that was picked in the spring of 2016.

Here is a quote from today's article at TSN (Canada's ESPN)

"The tournament is not sanctioned by the International Ice Hockey Federation, which has its own U18 championship. But the IIHF's championship conflicts with the CHL major junior playoffs, so the Ivan Hlinka traditionally represents Canada's chance to field its best U18 team in international play."

crb6

Looks like USA won 5th place game in OT over Finland. Anyone catch it live? Details?

For informational purposes it should be noted that 7 of the 8 countries participating in this event send there top team.

The USA sends players from there June U17 development camp and not the NDTP team that was picked in the spring of 2016.

"The tournament is not sanctioned by the International Ice Hockey Federation, which has its own U18 championship. But the IIHF's championship conflicts with the CHL major junior playoffs, so the Ivan Hlinka traditionally represents Canada's chance to field its best U18 team in international play."

Homer!!! :) :)

USA - USA

# Position name club date of birth age height weight

1 G Ben KRAWS Buffalo Junior Sabres (U18) 2.8.2000 17 yrs. 188 cm 69 kg

30 G Isaiah SAVILLE Madison Capitals (USHL)21.9.2000 16 yrs. 185 cm 82 kg

3 D Slava DEMIN Wenatchee Wild (BCHL) 4.4.2000 17 yrs. 185 cm 85 kg

4 D Michael FERRANDINO Waterloo (USHL)17.3.2000 17 yrs. 178 cm 71 kg

6 D Cole KRYGIER Lincoln Stars (USHL)5.5.2000 17 yrs. 188 cm 86 kg

2 D Christian KRYGIER Lincoln Stars (USHL)5.5.2000 17 yrs. 188 cm 84 kg

5 D Will MACKINNON Des Moines (USHL)13.4.2000 17 yrs. 180 cm 88 kg

8 D Adam SAMUELSSON USA NTDP (USHL)21.6.2000 17 yrs. 193 cm 111 kg

7 D Jacob SEMIK Dubuque (USHL) 10.3.2000 17 yrs. 180 cm 78 kg

9 F Connor CAPONI (Culver Prep)20.3.2000 17 yrs. 172 cm 78 kg

11 F Ryder DONOVAN (USHS)4.10.2000 16 yrs. 190 cm 78 kg

10 F Jack DRURY Waterloo (USHL)3.2.2000 17 yrs. 180 cm 79 kg

14 F Gavin HAIN USA NTDP (USHL)3.4.2000 17 yrs. 190 cm 86 kg

15 F Curtis HALL Youngstown (USHL) 26.4.2000 17 yrs. 188 cm 88 kg

12 F Kyle HASKINS Selects Academy (Prep)16.2.2000 17 yrs. 180 cm 82 kg

16 F Blade JENKINS Saginaw Spirit (OHL)11.8.2000 17 yrs. 185 cm 88 kg

19 F Jack JENSEN (USHS)31.8.2000 16 yrs. 185 cm 86 kg

20 F Philippe LAPOINTE Lincoln (USHL)29.2.2000 17 yrs. 180 cm 88 kg

17 F Blake MCLAUGHLIN Chicago (USHL)14.2.2000 17 yrs. 180 cm 71 kg

22 F Brady MEYER Chicago (USHL)17.10.2000 16 yrs. 193 cm 84 kg

18 F Jack RANDL Omaha (USHL)7.5.2000 17 yrs. 180 cm 81 kg

23 F Ryan SAVAGE Fargo (USHL)31.3.2000 17 yrs. 180 cm 83 kg

redwing77

Silly question but...

The name Slava Demin sounds familiar. Did he make a USHL squad this year or am I just hallucinating?

herbst20

Silly question but...

The name Slava Demin sounds familiar. Did he make a USHL squad this year or am I just hallucinating?

Originally selected by Des Moines in the USHL draft. He was traded to Sioux Falls, but chose to stay in the BCHL vs coming to the USHL

redwing77

Silly question but...

Originally selected by Des Moines in the USHL draft. He was traded to Sioux Falls, but chose to stay in the BCHL vs coming to the USHL

Thanks!

Maiden

Not sure how my post makes me a homer. And by you posting the roster it proved my point.

There are 5 or more 2018 NHL first round picks on Canada and 4 or more from the USA NTDP U18 roster who did not play this past week.

turk181

Silly question but...

He’ll be playing for the Wenatchee Wild.

crb6

Not sure how my post makes me a homer. And by you posting the roster it proved my point.

There are 5 or more 2018 NHL first round picks on Canada and 4 or more from the USA NTDP U18 roster who did not play this past week.

Did you notice the two smile faces? I believe you mean projected right?

Mr Ricochet

Which is the tournament that Canada splits their kids into 2-3 teams and sends that group the which tournament?

missedchances

WJAC

The World Junior A Challenge is made up of top Tier II players and not Tier I Players. Last year the US team was made up entirely of players from the USHL while the two Canadian teams for made up of players from all the Canadian Tier II leagues not Major Junior (Tier I) leagues.

Maiden

WJAC

The World Junior A Challenge is made up of top Tier II players and not Tier I Players. Last year the US team was made up entirely of players from the USHL while the two Canadian teams for made up of players from all the Canadian Tier II leagues not Major Junior (Tier I) leagues.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the USHL a Tier 1 league?

missedchances

WJAC

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the USHL a Tier 1 league?

USAH considers it Tier I and the NAHL Tier II. In Canada the CJHL is considered Tier II and the CHL Tier I.

Edited by missedchances

iowaninja

Which is the tournament that Canada splits their kids into 2-3 teams and sends that group the which tournament?

I answered this question with World Jr A Challenge.

Mr Ricochet

I answered this question with World Jr A Challenge.

I know, I haven't asked since .you answered it the first time.................