Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

Storm lands D Malinowski in swap with Omaha

intheknow

Also, Elly took a job with the Blackhawks. Leaving for the NHL is really controversial.

hang10

Have any of you seen Malinowski play? I mean, he really wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick. Neither was their first pick int he Futures draft. Kid was the 3rd or 4th best 2001 D on his team!

I have seen him play but only a couple of times. I do know that other schools besides Mankato were on him so some people thought he was pretty good. Time will tell if he was worth #9 I guess.

It is interesting and makes sense that Sullivan did all the camps, put the draft together and you don’t like his picks, but everyone has their own opinion.

Good for “Elly”… scouting position?

Edited by hang10

Jimmythegreek

Have any of you seen Malinowski play? I mean, he really wasn't worthy of a 1st round pick. Neither was their first pick int he Futures draft. Kid was the 3rd or 4th best 2001 D on his team!

Malinowski was really good in camp and very cosistent yhru season.

Belpedio, 01 1st futures pick , didn't have a great year. But, has the more upside than 90+ % of the 01 D out there plus is a late b-day so still really young. He hasn't made his decision for NCAA and has some of the top schools after him .Also, there were 3 01 D on mission last year

So, How much do you really know?

Likr i said earlier, 2 guys stepped in with big $$$$ hence Mervis and Sullivan gone

You'll see exactly what/who I,m talking about in near future.

Betcha Greg Naumenko ggets hired as goalie coach

hang10

Malinowski was really good in camp and very cosistent yhru season.

Belpedio, 01 1st futures pick , didn't have a great year. But, has the more upside than 90+ % of the 01 D out there plus is a late b-day so still really young. He hasn't made his decision for NCAA and has some of the top schools after him .Also, there were 3 01 D on mission last year

So, How much do you really know?

Likr i said earlier, 2 guys stepped in with big $$$$ hence Mervis and Sullivan gone

You'll see exactly what/who I,m talking about in near future.

Betcha Greg Naumenko ggets hired as goalie coach

Naumenko would make sense based upon relationships. Apparently the assistant isn't going to be Jake Ortmeyer who is taking the AAA 2004s. Regarding Belipedo I would agree and he is the type of D-man that some people are looking for with the new jump up philosophy for D-men that has come about. I'm wondering if there might be a trade with Fargo in the near future. As I understand it the new $$$ doesn't have enough juice to change anything as far as the plan that has been in place for well over a year and really don't much care.

Yeti

Josh Mervis is gone now too? Didn't he just start there?

hang10

Kind of a funny deal. Even though DiCesare made the deal with Wilkie well before he fired Kaufman Mervis and Sullivan didn't know about it. Mervis threw in some money and brought Sullivan in to find a new head coach and run the identification camps, once that was done they were of no further use so they are gone after seeing what was going on. But the bottom line is will Omaha win and return to the days of old. The big mess continues so hopefully they get it straightened out before it is too late.

redwing77

Kind of a funny deal. Even though DiCesare made the deal with Wilkie well before he fired Kaufman Mervis and Sullivan didn't know about it. Mervis threw in some money and brought Sullivan in to find a new head coach and run the identification camps, once that was done they were of no further use so they are gone after seeing what was going on. But the bottom line is will Omaha win and return to the days of old. The big mess continues so hopefully they get it straightened out before it is too late.

I really don't know what to think about what Omaha has done this postseason. As I look around the western division of the USHL, I can see lots of things (like Tri City and maybe Lincoln improving, Waterloo and Sioux City seem to be poised to make another run) but Omaha, to me, is a giant '?.'

If the ownership and the decisions he makes are rocky at best, how could Omaha possibly improve? I'm not a big fan of the head coach/GM type arrangement... too much power with one man plus a lot of work by the same man. Now add that Wilkie is also, apparently, GMing the AAA Omaha program and how will this go?

I think wise Lancer fans will have a "Wait and see" attitude towards this season. I don't see anything really to get hyped up about at the Ralston Arena at this moment, anyways.

Katiejay27

I think wise Lancer fans will have a "Wait and see" attitude towards this season. I don't see anything really to get hyped up about at the Ralston Arena at this moment, anyways.

This particular fan feels like it's been a roller coaster of an off season...or even worse, a soap opera. I'm ready to get off of the roller coaster or even better get to the end of the soap opera so the hockey can start.