Mr Ricochet

Team USA's World Junior Camp Roster/WJSS Thread

Mr Ricochet

Link

Really nice to see Jack Badini and Mikey Anderson get invites!! With Badini's speed, finish and prowess at the dot he has a lot to offer..... Didn't realize Loo's Dylan Samberg was so highly thought of..... No Reilly Walsh?

CalmbeforetheStorm

Link

Really nice to see Jack Badini and Mikey Anderson get invites!! With Badini's speed, finish and prowess at the dot he has a lot to offer..... Didn't realize Loo's Dylan Samberg was so highly thought of..... No Reilly Walsh?

Nine CHL players. It will be interesting to see who makes the cut and who doesn't.

Mr Ricochet

Wish the NHL Network was televising the whole thing instead of reruns all day every day. Might have to crank up my Hockey TV subscription a tad early because of that.

Anyone going to this thing? Watched the Sweden v Finland and USA v Canada on tv last yr and both games IIRC were great. If a few things fall into place I'll be at the Friday and Saturday games next week that end this tournament. Anyone going? Would like to put a few faces to screen names if possible.

turk181

Wish it was still up here in Lake Placid. I always had a great couple of days attending the camp (just 21/2 hrs from home). I loved talking with the scouts & the US coaching staff. If anyone goes I would suggest printing out Rosters. I still have Rosters from 6 yrs ago & it’s great seeing the names from Finland & Sweden who were just pups back then. I remember talking with Mika Zibanajed one day and what a terrific kid I thought he was. Enjoy it.

turk181

Question, does the Plymouth arena have 2 ice sheets? 200x100 and 200x85.

Mr Ricochet

Been there twice but before it was home to the NTDP. Believe there is two sheets but I never saw the 2nd sheet.

minor life

Yes, there are two sheets.

Glenn Gumbley

I think they have 3.

Maiden

I think they have 3.

I only recall there being 2 rinks

BackCheck

I think there are only 2 rinks in Plymouth and both are 200x85 by my eyes. The Ann Arbor Ice Cube, where the NTDP used to play, had 3 sheets, including an Olympic sheet.

I might head to the Saturday games, my schedule is still in limbo though.

hang10

I think they have 3.

I only recall there being 2 rinks

IIRC just 2 NHL and Olympic.

Mr Ricochet

I know I bring this up from time to time but when the WJC was in Buffalo in 2010 I was there to see Sveeeeeeden vs Canada. That place was electric, as much so as a Hawks Finals game in Chicago. Seeing Finland vs Sweden and USA vs Canada in that 4k seat arena in Plymouth will be as good of live hockey as you'll see this yr. ........... One of the last times you'll see these world class players before the move to pro and get the wild horse coached out of them.

turk181

Russ Bitely @russbites 5h

Two New York natives and NTDP alum David Farrance (BU) & JD Greenway (Wisco) added to #WJSS. Not sure seen this before 3 days into camp.............. Russ Bitely @russbites 4h

Russ Bitely Retweeted Russ Bitely

Couple Dmen dinged up. Opportunity knocks.

Mr Ricochet

Roster Reaction: 2017 World Junior Summer Showcase

Jack Badini, Chicago Steel: Every year, there are always a handful of players who weren’t even on scouts’ radar in their first year of NHL Draft eligibility who jump out and throw themselves into the draft conversation in year 2. Badini definitely counts as one of those guys. In 2015–16, he was an afterthought on a Lincoln team that reached the Clark Cup Playoffs. But as happens frequently in junior hockey, a trade allowed Badini to really break out in his 19-year-old season. Traded to Chicago last May, Badini earned a top-line spot out of training camp and never relinquished it. Although he did not make Team USA’s entry at the Junior A Challenge, he did end the year with 28 goals, sixth in the league, and added 17 points in the playoffs as the Steel took home the Clark Cup for the first time in their history. Badini’s junior career is over, and for his next challenge, he will take on the college level, joining the always-fun Harvard program. Hometown: Old Greenwich, Conn. NHL status: drafted by Anaheim (third round, 2017). Past USA Hockey experience: None.

Mr Ricochet

Thanks, turk. US v Sweden tonight on NHLN.