Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

Eeli Tolvanen Interview On The Pipeline Show

hockeyboy

USHR is reporting Eeli didn't make it in to BC. Let the recruiting begin

turk181

Finnish jr hockey Retweeted Timo Kunnari

Eeli Tolvanen will play for Jokerit in the upcoming season, according to this. The move hasn't yet been made official. #Preds #KHL

Hyökkääjä Eeli Tolvanen,18, pelaa ensi kaudella Jokereissa. Nashvillen 1.kierroksen varaus, #30, 2017. #KHLfi #Liiga #Leijonat

Edited by turk181

Mr Ricochet

I think being home will be good for his development. Wonder why he didn't go the Major Junior route and keep developing on the smaller surface?

Finnish jr hockey @FINjrhockey 3h3 hours ago

Finnish jr hockey Retweeted Timo Kunnari

Eeli Tolvanen will play for Jokerit in the upcoming season, according to this. The move hasn't yet been made official. #Preds #KHL

Finnish jr hockey added,

Timo Kunnari @TKunnari
Hyökkääjä Eeli Tolvanen,18, pelaa ensi kaudella Jokereissa. Nashvillen 1.kierroksen varaus, #30, 2017. #KHLfi #Liiga #Leijonat
1 reply 13 retweets 9 likes

turk181

2017-07-28 at Jokerit - Kunlun Red Star, KHL Preseason by Marco Bombino

Tolvanen had an impressive debut for Jokerit in a preseason game against Kunlun Red Star. He made several highly skilled plays on the power play. https://finnprospects.com/player/eeli-tolvanen/

Mr Ricochet

Scored a hattrick in his KHL debut yesterday.

turk181

I can see where, “not visiting school and getting enough points” could hinder his admission to BC :playhockey: ........ Article; - After seasons in USHL you planned to commit to university and play in NCAA. But what happened that you’re now in Jokerit in KHL?

- It was my plan… But last years I didn’t often visit the school and didn’t get enough points to go to university. They told me that you could come after Xmas. Now I’m not thinking this way, I’m in KHL and its best option in my career right now. Here I could grow as a player, not playing at junior level. I like everything around now.........http://en.khl.ru/news/2017/08/25/354608.html

Mr Ricochet

I can see where, “not visiting school and getting enough points” could hinder his admission to BC :playhockey: ........ Article; - After seasons in USHL you planned to commit to university and play in NCAA. But what happened that you’re now in Jokerit in KHL?

- It was my plan… But last years I didn’t often visit the school and didn’t get enough points to go to university. They told me that you could come after Xmas. Now I’m not thinking this way, I’m in KHL and its best option in my career right now. Here I could grow as a player, not playing at junior level. I like everything around now.........http://en.khl.ru/news/2017/08/25/354608.html

Great find, turk. Thanks for posting....... Little doubt this kid has an NHL release. He is a pure sniper and the thing that caught my eye was the kid had some grit in his compete. He hits with great leverage/timing that generates force that equals a much larger player.

Could you believe that you could play in the second line this year?

I won’t say that it was unexpected. It started with preseason when coaches put me in the line with Olli Palola and Brian O’Neill. We’re still finding our chemistry and understand each other better every day.

O'neill played with a really good Steel team back in 07/08, one of their all time best. PK's boys took em out in the 1st rd IIRC. Helluva skilled player who can really motor. Put up 80 points in the AHL: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=107627

Maiden

If you believe Tolvanen's reply it sounds more like the NCAA and not BC boinked him from attending university.