Clark Cup Final (Clark Cup Game 3)

21 replies to this topic

#21 Spit n Argue

2nd Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

If it wasn't for the Stezka eligibility fiasco before that first game, this series would likely be over with a sweep.

Agree'd!!! Here's to hoping SC can atleast hang with Chicago tonight and keep it interesting.

#22 casemagnum

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

Chicago took it to SC again!!! Should have been a penalty on Johnstone for running over the SC goalie just after SC Wilson was called for high sticking. And Wilson's penalty should have been interference or holding, not high sticking.

SC is trying to attack the zone with 2 or 3 guys coming in together and lucky to be an arm's reach away from each other. Need to spread it out a little. Chicago is just splitting them gaps and has 1 or 2 players covering it. That frees them up 3 or 4 to defend the other 2. Chicago is being more physical and sc does not know how to react or play against.

SC's foreigners are still just standing around. Chicago has taken Tolvanen out of his game and no one has stepped up. They keep dump and chasing, sitting up around perimeter, not going to the net and getting after Stezka.

Chicago is cleaning the ice off with SC. SC has no chance playing like this. Congrats to Chicago.

At the risk of badgering you Case, did you see the play or are you going off of Curtis' call of 5 times saying Kiv was "drilled"?   In real time I thought penalty shot but watching on Hockey TV I thought borderline call on Wilson, great to see the kid back and skating well, and an embellishment/flop call on Kiv.  He was bumped and went down like a soccer player hit by a bazooka blast....   On Wilson if you're beat, a step behind and a player is bearing down on your goalie and you get your stick parallel to the ice good chance you'll get whistled whether you deserve it or not.  His stick did kinda ride up Badini to his head but I didn't see contact. 

I did watch the entire game at the watch party the Musketeers organization and Buffalo Wild Wings had. There was no sound for the game as the staff at BWW said the sound system there was not set up for this and the quality would be terrible. In the past the sound has not worked very well at all. There was some buffering of the video feed with everyone using bww WiFi and bandwidth. So to answer your question, no I did not hear Curtis calling the game. The camera operator even came off the penalty call after the play and turned to the net to bring attention to it.

Wilson is hurt and probably should not have been in the game. Let's put some guys in who are 100%.

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users