Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ricochet

Chicago 5 @ Sioux City 1 (Game 2 Recap)

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Steel get Stezka and SC Dman Wilson back...........Check that, Wilson a late scratch.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

SC much tighter 6 minutes in. Much more structure and less frantic. SOG 4-0, SC..............

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

SC killin at the dot. Beauty cycle shift by the Baker line..........

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Atta boy, Lew.........

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Johnny Walker (and his brothers Black and Red)!! SC clearing their zone up the left wall, Lillibridge picks it in front of his bench, pushes up to Lutz at center ice, cuts and carries in along the right wall, gets the zone, drop pass to Walker, 5 strides up lets on go from just below the left dot, save, Walker follows his shot, bats it through through Kiv, 1-0, Steel about 11 minutes in.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Reviewing goal. :eeek:

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

That was a waste of 30 seconds, goal stands.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Nice response by the Pospisil line, 2 solid chances.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Nice response by the Pospisil line, 2 solid chances.

Same sequence, Lewandowski down to a knee with a block on a pinching Vance in the slot, collects the thing backhands up to McManus, he skates into the zone left wall, poked off his stick, Jaremko supporting swoops it with speed around the net and out the other side, Kivlenieks anchors himself, Jaremko cross ice to McManus, he doesn't miss a wide open net at the left low slot. 2-nuttin 44 seconds after the last goal.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Steel 2 goals on 5 shots 12 minutes in.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Tough to tell on the matchup game if there's one being played but every time the Steel 4th line, Shore, is on so is the S C 4th line, Baker.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Don't wanna jinx it but it looks like the refs are settled in to in this one too. Couple solid hits along the wall and open ice, no calls.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Don't wanna jinx it but it looks like the refs are settled in to in this one too. Couple solid hits along the wall and open ice, no calls.

I'll be damned, next shift Baker gets called for an interference, but this was obvious. I'd note that Varady sent the Baker line out vs the Steel 3rd line, Lutz-O'neill-Walker, this time..................Steel PP, 0-3 last night, up 2-zip.

Ryan    0
Ryan

Not a good start for SC. 3-0 at the first intermission.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

3-nuttin, Steel on the PP. Couldn't have been a few seconds left as McManus strikes again, his 2nd of the 1st period. 20+ second scrum/battle along the right wall, ends up to Mirageas at the point, pushed back down to Jaremko, feed between the circles to Lewandowski, passes up the shot and feeds McManus low left circle, one times one along the ice, Kiv slides over, it squeeks 5-hole.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Not a good start for SC. 3-0 at the first intermission.

Muskies looked just fine the first 10 minutes. Plenty of responses yet to come by SC but Kiv needs to be better. Two signs of an uncomfortable goalie are not controlling rebounds and anchoring themselves and Kiv has been anchoring both games.

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Hockey TV is stealing my money but after reloading I come in at 17:00 of the 1st and see my guy Karashik with a right to the chops of a Muskie. SC PP...........

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Hockey TV is stealing my money but after reloading I come in at 17:00 of the 1st and see my guy Karashik with a right to the chops of a Muskie. SC PP...........

Steel nice kill, maybe one shot no real set ups by SC...........

Mr Ricochet    3
Mr Ricochet

Git your mouth shut, Rico........... As Karashik comes out of the box Green whistled for a hook (good call) as the SC speed tries to beat him wide. SC starts 2nd with 1:57 of PP time. Steel up 3-zero after one period.